• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie from Louisville, KY (Got my first ACE last night)

lostadisc

Hi, I'm J.R. and I'm from Louisville, KY.

I have been playing since this summer and have around 10 "official" rounds under my belt in Udisc including half of those in the last month.

Got my first ace last night at a small, easy course recently opened by the YMCA (Oldham Co YMCA Disc Golf Course). The hole was only about 80 yards but I went pretty crazy when it went in. Luckily I had my daughter with me so she signed the disc as a witness. That was super cool.

20190908_174539-ACE2.jpg

IMG_20190908_190204_573-ACE1.jpg

I look forward to being an active participant on this site.

J.R.

That's a great disc. Don't ever take it out of the bag...(though with the color, that might not be your choice;))

You picked a good area to start playing in. The Cincy/L'ville/Lexington region is a great area for disc golf. Also, if you ever get into tourney play, between the 3 cities, there are events every weekend most of the year and sometimes multiple to chose from in the summer.

Last edited:
congrats on your Ace. my first was on a Leopard as well, but no witnesses! enjoy the game!

Thank you. I was already completely addicted before the ace. Now it's 10x as bad. Love everything about the game so far. Every person I have encountered on a course has been cool, helpful and just plain nice.

That's a great disc. Don't ever take it out of the bag...(though with the color, that might not be your choice;))

You picked a good area to start playing in. The Cincy/L'ville/Lexington region is a great area for disc golf. Also, if you ever get into tourney play, between the 3 cities, there are events every weekend most of the year and sometimes multiple to chose from in the summer.

Thank you. The guy who got me into the game has given me considerable grief about buying tye-die discs. That and the 13 speed discs. He said it's a process. Buy discs I'm not qualified to throw, lose a few, put the rest away and eventually try something appropriate for my skill level then go up from there.

Welcome fellow Kentuckian.

I'm from just up I-71 between the Glencoe/Owenton and Verona exits.

Dwyer-Ace1.jpg

Neighbor who introduced me to the game got his first ace today on the same course. Lot longer hole.

I swear the source image is right side up.

Hit me up with a PM if you like a good hike and want to try your hand at a private course along the way.

Latest posts