• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No! No! charge me more please.....

Because golf is a game (not life) and it's based on stability and repetition. Do people spend countless hours practicing with specific equipment down to the weight just so they can change it later? It goes against the whole point of the game. Yeah change is inevitable but it's not something you should prefer. In golf.

No disc is made in a hermetically sealed laboratory to exact specifications. If they were designed and manufactured to such exactness they would cost way, way more than $20. We think a lot of our equipment but at the end of the day they're plastic frisbees. It's your job to know what they do, not the manufacturer's job to make you a disc to your exact specs. If you think you're entitled to that treatment, you're free to go on tour and out-duel Paul and Ricky and Paige to earn your own signature discs.

Even then, you will get x of the same mold and no two will fly exactly alike because this is disc golf, not formula 1.

No disc is made in a hermetically sealed laboratory to exact specifications. If they were designed and manufactured to such exactness they would cost way, way more than $20. We think a lot of our equipment but at the end of the day they're plastic frisbees. It's your job to know what they do, not the manufacturer's job to make you a disc to your exact specs. If you think you're entitled to that treatment, you're free to go on tour and out-duel Paul and Ricky and Paige to earn your own signature discs.

Even then, you will get x of the same mold and no two will fly exactly alike because this is disc golf, not formula 1.
A lot of false statements here. They're definitely designed to exact specifications. That's why we have several different molds. You know what a mold is, right? It allows them to produce the exact same thing over and over. Obviously there will be slight differences because of variance in materials but the specific measurements will be there. This is why PDGA has an approved list of every disc and the exact specifications of each. And you call that just plastic frisbees? You don't need to be Paul Mcbeth to realize the difference between putter molds.

I don't even think they're designing discs to Paul's specifications. Entitled? You took a big U turn there. Nobody here ever acted like they deserve special treatment. Actually I said that an enjoyable thing is FINDING that disc that fits. Paul didn't design anything LOL

Yo, what do you use your Atom for? Trying to decide if I should try one for a driving putter.

The electrons are for US approach duties. Very fun to throw.

The neutrons are super straight and glidey. Feels really small in the hand. Almost feels like a catch disc

A lot of false statements here. They're definitely designed to exact specifications. That's why we have several different molds. You know what a mold is, right? It allows them to produce the exact same thing over and over. Obviously there will be slight differences because of variance in materials but the specific measurements will be there. This is why PDGA has an approved list of every disc and the exact specifications of each. And you call that just plastic frisbees? You don't need to be Paul Mcbeth to realize the difference between putter molds.

not true... discs made on the same day with the same plastic will fly with negligible difference... make that disc again on a different day and it may mold up differently and fly differently...sometimes very noticeable. That occurs with things like barometric variances or humidity, temperature, etc are in play...and they are always a factor.
dave is mostly correct with his statement... the disc made today may fly like your other one made a month ago...or may not... YMMV with every disc

not true... discs made on the same day with the same plastic will fly with negligible difference... make that disc again on a different day and it may mold up differently and fly differently...sometimes very noticeable. That occurs with things like barometric variances or humidity, temperature, etc are in play...and they are always a factor.
dave is mostly correct with his statement... the disc made today may fly like your other one made a month ago...or may not... YMMV with every disc
False. If the variables stay the same, it will fly the same. But tell me when you and Dave threw the disc the exact same way two times in a row in the exact same conditions to even make that comment. The discs stay the same. You don't.

False. If the variables stay the same, it will fly the same. But tell me when you and Dave threw the disc the exact same way two times in a row in the exact same conditions to even make that comment. The discs stay the same. You don't.

you are simply wrong...I'll take my answer offline.

you are simply wrong...I'll take my answer offline.

It was an honest question. That you can't answer.

You were just stating what we both already said. That obviously there's going to be slight differences in materials. But a mold is a mold. It doesn't change unless someone changes it. It's just 100% fact that they're designed to specific measurements. Common knowledge really....

Man. That should be an automatic lifetime ban for calling them plastic frisbees. Killin me smalls! LOL

I've been using the same driver for 20 years. Said no golfer, ever.

Actually know a few. They would tear you apart in their sleep. And it's not a driver but gets used as one. They've been using one disc over 20 years. Stability and repetition is the fabric of both ball and disc golf. Not sure how that's even debatable. Just listen to people do "in my bag" it's like they're talking about their children. Tell those people that they should change their bag since it won't affect anything LMAO

I've been using the same driver for 20 years. Said no golfer, ever.

Lessee...the Discraft Eclipse came on the market in--what? 1987?--and was my primary driver until it went OOP a couple years back. At least in old school math, that span is about 30 years.

Wanna try again?

You used the same eclipse for 30 years?

Actually know a few. They would tear you apart in their sleep. And it's not a driver but gets used as one. They've been using one disc over 20 years. Stability and repetition is the fabric of both ball and disc golf. Not sure how that's even debatable. Just listen to people do "in my bag" it's like they're talking about their children. Tell those people that they should change their bag since it won't affect anything LMAO

You brought up golf earlier. I was referring to a golfer with a golf club. All this talk about needing to have consistent equipment. In Golf, which is a more precise game, it is common to change clubs every year or two. Manufacturers don't produce the same clubs, or balls for that matter, over the course of multiple years.

The physical specs of the mold are exact.

The ambient conditions of the manufacturing (and perhaps more importantly the cooling process) are not.

Hell, they're not even able to truly nail down the specific physical attributes of the plastic. Sure, each type falls within certain specs, but there's still a wide enough range in each group that significant variation happens.

You want tighter QC? Cough up some $$$$$.

You brought up golf earlier. I was referring to a golfer with a golf club. All this talk about needing to have consistent equipment. In Golf, which is a more precise game, it is common to change clubs every year or two. Manufacturers don't produce the same clubs, or balls for that matter, over the course of multiple years.

that makes way more sense... I thought you were talking disc golf and I know some guys/ladies have had discs for a loooong time. I think this is true about golf though (could be wrong).

The physical specs of the mold are exact.

The ambient conditions of the manufacturing (and perhaps more importantly the cooling process) are not.

Hell, they're not even able to truly nail down the specific physical attributes of the plastic. Sure, each type falls within certain specs, but there's still a wide enough range in each group that significant variation happens.

You want tighter QC? Cough up some $$$$$.

We had some really great explanations about this some years ago from folks who know bc they do it... where is that prerube fella when you need him?

From 1988 and I still putt with these.

picture.php

also something about PLH. I don't remember why that happens either, just that it does.