• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

How do you insert pics from photobucket into my posts? I can do links but I want actual pics.

Put a left square bracket, then img, then a right square bracket.

Then the link to your photo.

Then a left square bracket, then /img, then a right square bracket.

Such as:
(img) http://www.photobucket.com/whatever/bulbousbouffant.jpg (/img)

But use square brackets instead of parentheses, and without the extra space before and after the link. The img codes magically turn your link into an embedded picture.

Last edited:
PDGA Rating

I just played in my first ever event (only been playing for about 9 months) and I did pretty well. I entered the Intermediate division and got a 965 and 910 rating for the two rounds. Will this be averaged to a 937 rating making me now enter the Advanced division?

Why are some people obsessed with determining who is "out" when playing fairly casual rounds when two people/teams are a similar distance from the basket? I hate these discussions. Just throw the dang disc, whichever person/team is ready.

Why are some people obsessed with determining who is "out" when playing fairly casual rounds when two people/teams are a similar distance from the basket? I hate these discussions. Just throw the dang disc, whichever person/team is ready.

Casual rounds are meant for ready golf, unless someone's flight path is in the vicinity of another players lie, then I understand playing the "out" shot first.

Why do the people with the worst form often happen to be constant fountains of (mostly bad) advice to new players?

I suck but I can give great advice. I just haven't really figured out how to apply it to my own game yet..:)

Are there any other terms for different aces? Some holes when im trying new discs, i throw a second drive and for my round I always play the first disc, whether it's better or worse but what if this second drive would go in the basket? Is it still just called an ace?

Cubby Ace - when you throw your 2nd or 22nd or 222th drives into the basket. Do a search on cubby aces, you will learn all about the man, the myth, the legend.

Don't forget about the rare Brown Ace - that's the first one to poop in the basket. Similar to a "desk pop" - only disc golf related.

Ok.... So I'm a Newb (there I said it) and I normally drive with a Leopard DX. I really like it and I am starting to throw it consistently 200 to 215. I also have an XL elite x that I am throwing about 180. I really like the stiffness of the Leopard DX.

So my question is.... when should I switch up to a new disc.... and what should it be?

Ok.... So I'm a Newb (there I said it) and I normally drive with a Leopard DX. I really like it and I am starting to throw it consistently 200 to 215. I also have an XL elite x that I am throwing about 180. I really like the stiffness of the Leopard DX.

So my question is.... when should I switch up to a new disc.... and what should it be?

I wouldn't yet, unless you have the current need for something overstable to handle breezy days, in which case you might pick up a Teebird. In all honesty, the distances you are throwing are pretty short for those discs, so you can just stay with what you have while you improve. Most people can drive a putter 180-200 at a minimum, often a lot farther. A Leopard (which is a fantastic disc to be using, btw) can go 250' easy minimum with a halfway decent throw, and pushing it past 300' is well within its range. By going to a faster driver, you won't gain anything at all in distance, and most of them will just behave overstable until you can get some power into them. I'd almost bet money that if you move the other direction and get some good glidey mids, you'll see more distance. Something like a Core, Aurora MS, Skeeter, etc...great discs, various lines, and good teachers.

IM with you goose. Started playing about 8 months ago and was in love with the dx leopard till it was so beaten that it flipped out of the box. Then when i finally gave in I went with in order: champion eagle, champion valkyrie, wraith and now I'm throwing katanas and nukes. I felt the the eagle was a wonderful progression and a comfortable step forward. Thats just what worked for me.

Got another for ya guys. What exactly qualifies as a "Natural Beauty" disc? I've seen some nice twisted color discs orange/yellow, blue/green, etc. that look sexy but then I've also seen some posted as natural beauty but then I look and I'm like ....its just yellow? haha. Just wondering if there is a specific effect(twist/mix in colors) that natural beauty means or if its just a nice looking disc in general? Or even a nice disc color and stamp color combo?

was going to start a thread for this question but it seems more fitting to post it in this one....

What normally all comes in the player packs at tournaments?

Latest posts