• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I play a course that has dirt tees. Currently the tees are a muddy mess, what are the rules for teeing off? ...suck it up and drive from the mud pit (potentially further wrecking the tee) ...or drive next to the tee where there is grass/less mud (potentially making the mess bigger if everyone did it.)? what do the PDGA rules say about it?

i believe the PDGA states, and i quote, "play a different course"

How do I advance from being a "bogey member" on DGCR?

There are a lot of site-related details in the Help/FAQ link at the top-right corner of the screen. 75 more posts and you'll be a birdie member.

Actually he'll be a par member after 100 posts. I just hit 100 today! :)

Bogey: 0 - 99 Posts
Par: 100 - 249 Posts
Birdie: 250 - 499 Posts
Eagle: 500 - 999 Posts
Double Eagle: 1000 - 1999 Posts
*Ace* 2000+ Posts

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/faq.php?mode=show&id=28

You wrote he'd be a birdie member after 75 more posts, but he'll actually be a par member then. After 225 more posts he'll be a birdie member. That's all. :)

You wrote he'd be a birdie member after 75 more posts, but he'll actually be a par member then. After 225 more posts he'll be a birdie member. That's all. :)

:doh: math

oh snap! Does MM74 become a mod now?

No, and he doesn't get a refund on admission either. I feel like I just redeemed one of these:

bitch-slap.jpg

maybe he can be the Canadian consultant.

hey Frank - how did you attain such awesome forum posting skills, staggering wit, and general disc golf omniscience?

blowflyII2.jpg

So, I see this one guy that can roll his putter into a ball ( it pops out when released).
If it would stay in a ball state would it be legal to throw it into the basket or does a disc have to be released looking like a disc?

maybe he can be the Canadian consultant.

hey Frank - how did you attain such awesome forum posting skills, staggering wit, and general disc golf omniscience?

The first and last are obtained by having a desk job where a lot of the time is spent waiting for code to compile or data to process

blowflyII2.jpg

So, I see this one guy that can roll his putter into a ball ( it pops out when released).
If it would stay in a ball state would it be legal to throw it into the basket or does a disc have to be released looking like a disc?

I believe this would fall under tuning/modifying a disc and is extreme enough where it would be illegal.

blowflyII2.jpg

That's the Gumbputt. It's just ridiculously floppy. You can feel it flop around in your hand with just the slightest motion. No good for me, but I could see it grabbing chains.

If a disc would stay like that I wouldn't think it would be legal, or helpful.