• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Northern Most course in the world!

crouchingwombat

Birdie Member
I am bored out of my mind so I thought I would try and find the northernmost course in the world. It was a close race but here are the winners!!!

Coming in 3rd, putting up a great fight is...
Birch Hill DGC, Fairbanks AK
64.870351, -147.646937

It was a close race and second was only 7/10 ahead of 3rd
Gufunes, Reykjavik Iceland
64.150430, -21.815886

And the winner is! by a margin of 7/10 (again?) is!!!!
TrønderBanen, Trondheim Norway
63.444140, 10.453070

Wahooo!!!!

Stay tuned, next week... The Worlds Southernmost courses!

***There might be a course that slipped my radar and is even further north but I am in no way responsible for any bets/fights or losses resulting from the information presented above.

I would love the chance to play at all of those. The one in Iceland is actually in my wish list. The southern most course is the one in Antarctica. that one's on my list too.

Coming in 3rd, putting up a great fight is... Birch Hill DGC, Fairbanks AK

It was a close race and second was only 7/10 ahead of 3rd, Gufunes[/URL], Reykjavik Iceland

And the winner is! by a margin of 7/10 (again?) is!!!! TrønderBanen, Trondheim Norway
Ummm, check your numbers; you've got them backwards. Fairbanks is the furthest north of those three, followed by Reykjavik and Trondheim.

(But as chairman63vt points out: Luleå, Sweden beats them all; and there are 4 courses there. The courses in Oulu, Finland are a close second.)

Last edited:
Birch hill DGC Fairbanks,AK

Dude I can't wait! I found this course a few months ago and the best thing is my wifes side of the family lives 10mins. from there! I will be heading up to AK this summer and you bet I will be bangin the chains at all types of hours(pretty much daylight 24/7). I'll be writing a review on that one when I get back!

cool post, I doubt I will ever play those courses, then again I have been to the southern most city in the world so I guess it could be possible!

I can't imagine the wind factor there. I would play it in a heartbeat though if I were there. Hey, they got to do something besides drink and procreate. = )

Dude I can't wait! I found this course a few months ago and the best thing is my wifes side of the family lives 10mins. from there! I will be heading up to AK this summer and you bet I will be bangin the chains at all types of hours(pretty much daylight 24/7). I'll be writing a review on that one when I get back!

Haven't read the entire post yet, but don't forget to get pictures.