• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nose down putts

R-Ogre

Double Eagle Member
Any tips and tricks to get the nose down when putting? Particularly for headwind/tailwind pitas and longer bids. I'm noticing a lot of nose up on my putts which is helpful in some situations but not helpful in others.

I tend to have the same release point every putt, just certain height and outreach of my hand, regardless of distance.

Take a disc and put your hand in your release point position. If it's not neutral or nosedown in that static position, I'm guessing it won't be neutral or nosedown during an actual throw.

I can do nose down putts, but it almost always ends up a low putt. In my opinion... learn to putt flat. It will negate almost every wind condition and lead to less frustration.

I can do nose down putts, but it almost always ends up a low putt. In my opinion... learn to putt flat. It will negate almost every wind condition and lead to less frustration.
I figure that if I'm putting nose up, trying to putt nose down might get me to flat.

I figure that if I'm putting nose up, trying to putt nose down might get me to flat.

Put your little finger under the flight plate. Hold it up as much as you can. It's the standard "against the wind" putt in Texas.

"Handshake position" so to speak. Instead of your middle finger being parallel to your forearm try to make your thumb parallel instead.

"Handshake position" so to speak. Instead of your middle finger being parallel to your forearm try to make your thumb parallel instead.
That seems to work the best and it's what I had come up with fooling around on my own. It completely throws off my wrist/elbow snap but I probably wasn't doing that correctly anyway.

swing from down to up

I can see how that should work, but I'm doing something wrong with my wrist/elbow/shoulder especially on longer (circles edge or beyond) putts that makes it just not work out.

I can see how that should work, but I'm doing something wrong with my wrist/elbow/shoulder especially on longer (circles edge or beyond) putts that makes it just not work out.

Toss the disc over something not "thru".

Latest posts