• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noticing wrong scores after the event

J808.G is an absolute defense, but why take away another absolute defense of signing the scoring method?

Because 808.G renders the signature completey and utterly unnecessary. Cite the rule and tell them to STFU.

IMO, having two ways to end the whining is better than one.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion. ;)

If you really think that signing a scorecard is going to shut up the whiners, I want a hit of whatever it is you're smoking, cuz it's gotta be REAL good.

Because 808.G renders the signature completey and utterly unnecessary. Cite the rule and tell them to STFU.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion. ;)

If you really think that signing a scorecard is going to shut up the whiners, I want a hit of whatever it is you're smoking, cuz it's gotta be REAL good.

Last shot at convincing you that my opinion is at least reasonable and that no drugs were used while I was posting.

Most players do not know the rules - this means very few to none know rule 808.G - but, they do know if they signed their scorecard. (Digital or not)

That action of signing is something recent and tangible, it can literally be shown to the player on the spot. I would think that this "absolute defense and a final answer" is much more useful while TDing an event verse hoping they know the rule or having to open the rulebook and point out the rule.

Last edited:
Most players do not know the rules - this means very few to none know rule 808.G.

So, educate them. It takes less than 1 minute to read 808.G aloud, verbatim, during the players meeting. Problem solved. If they don't paying attention, that's on them.

So, educate them. It takes less than 1 minute to read 808.G aloud, verbatim, during the players meeting. Problem solved. If they don't paying attention, that's on them.

"If you really think that "read(ing) 808.G aloud, verbatim" is going to shut up the whiners, I want a hit of whatever it is you're smoking, cuz it's gotta be REAL good."

And, players meetings barely exist at this point - additionally, I think they are a thing of the past, not to return.

You might not be able to fix stupid, but you can't use that as an excuse not to make an honest effort to try to educate them if you're going to piss and moan and whine that:

Most players do not know the rules - this means very few to none know rule 808.G

Latest posts