• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NutSac Bag

I'm a fan. I've come to realize that I can pretty much play any local course with 5 or 6 discs, so it works great for me!

It might be a little pricey, but I love the fact that it's made by a small US company....

Got mine last week and I love it. It holds more discs than I thought it would. I have mine loaded with 7, 4 drivers, 2 mids and a putter. No worries, and the Beer Holster hasn't dropped one yet.

My beer holster is ripped and I have not used it long, I emailed Greg at nutsac, he is sending me a brand new one. He responded super quick and sent it right away. I already loved the bag, but top notch customer service is something to be commended. Now I may have to get the double sac to support him farther!

Used my Nutsac today in Worlds Round 2 at Peter Pan. Was able to carry the discs I needed without overload and in this heat, that means a lot :) Looking forward to using it tomorrow at Municipal Golf Course.

Get one as a beginner, get a bigger bag as you grow, realize you're an idiot who tries/lugs/fails with too many discs, go back to the nuts and see your game get great!

That's the story of the nutsac!

Glad to see the thread is still alive. I've had my original NutSac in black for 3 years now and it's still looking brand new. One of the best DG purchases I've made. All I've done is throw on a few patches and shortened the strap so that there isn't any slack.

I usually play with 5 discs in the bag, a Discraft golf towel hanging off a strap, and my phone and keys in the front pocket. This bag is great for minimalists. It's as if I'm not carrying a bag at all; I don't even notice it until I reach for a disc or grab the towel to wipe my face.

Discs in bag
Discraft Challenger (Soft)
Discraft Buzzz (ESP)
Discraft Comet (Z)
Discraft Surge (ESP)
Discraft Nuke (ESP)

It's great being able to walk up to a hole or an approach shot and immediately know what I'm going to use and how I'm going to throw it. Better to know a few discs well than rely on many that you don't use often.

Highly recommended.

Get one as a beginner, get a bigger bag as you grow, realize you're an idiot who tries/lugs/fails with too many discs, go back to the nuts and see your game get great!

That's the story of the nutsac!
So damn true.

I'd used a Fade Gear Crunchbox for most of first six months when I started playing last April. I had the obligatory 4-6 drivers, 4-6 mids, 2-4 putters. I thought I needed at least three of each...understable, stable, overstable....along with a couple utility discs. That's what most folks will tell you.

Then I starting looking into discing down. I was (still am!) pretty new, so I saw the value in learning putters and mids. I had a few sling bags which were perfect for a handful of discs, so I put the Crunchbox in the garage and started using the sling bags. I noticed I was having more success with the putters and mids than I'd had with my full Crunchbox.

Because they are too damn sexy, I got a NutSac in December to replace the sling bags. Around March, I foolishly thought I might outgrow the NutSac and bought a Voodoo Mojo. I used the Mojo maybe a dozen times at most and just found myself irritated that I was lugging this comparatively giant bag around, plus my score wasn't improving in the least.

Now the Mojo is sold. I got a double NutSac...not to carry more discs (I only carry 4-5), but for the drink holder and the extra space to carry snacks, a rain jacket, etc. Truthfully, I wish I'd just bought the double in the first place, but I'm fine with having them both. The single is for the quick lunchbreak-type rounds, the double is for tourneys and league when I want a water bottle and some snacks.

I imagine there's a play/skill level where having more than 4-6 discs is truly useful. I'm nowhere near that level and nor are most of the people I play with. Most of us get it in our heads that we need this big variety of discs to do shot X or Y. Most of us don't.

Plus...I just bought a NutSac hat! Love it!

/end fanboy rant

I love my nutsac. It's tough, puts up with a lot of abuse, dries quickly when wet, and holds enough to get the job done.

Quite possibly the best quote ever.... I love the internet. :hfive: Oh, ya I love my Nutsac. The wife bought me one (ha...ha...ha... ya she thought it was funny too) for my birthday about a year and a half ago and it still looks new.

Love supporting a 'murican company.

Like discinfiend said IMO get a double if you're going to buy one. I use the one pocket (same size as a singles) for plastic, the other for storage since I'm always carrying other stuff. Phone (S3 woth an Otterbox for size reference) in the front pocket by itself...I may throw a few Benadryl in there but otherwise don't bother shoving anything else in there. Cigarettes:|, towel, lighter, flashlight, keys, etc. all easily fit with room to spare.

All while fitting: Breaker, Magnet, Tursas, Drone, JLS, PD - you could fit two more drivers if you drop one of the bulkier discs I mentioned. That or carry nothing extra and double the amount of plastic.

That's AWESOME!

Thanks! Neodymium magnets from amazon and some gorilla tape, and it is good to go. Got ten magnets for 7.99, and this used four, so I could make another.

Pretty simple, really, and should be even better if I make one out out seatbelt material or some fabric.

Looks gay? No way. Sounds like just the right bag for me. I think I'm going to try one.. And when I get better and meet people with those big lunch boxes I can just calmly bomb some nice drives and then laugh at their faces. I can understand why the price is a bit high but I appreciate that it's well-made - no made-in-china crap for me.

Looks gay? No way. Sounds like just the right bag for me. I think I'm going to try one.. And when I get better and meet people with those big lunch boxes I can just calmly bomb some nice drives and then laugh at their faces. I can understand why the price is a bit high but I appreciate that it's well-made - no made-in-china crap for me.

why do you need to laugh in their faces? :confused:
i dont understand :confused:

why do you need to laugh in their faces? :confused:
i dont understand :confused:
Cause we all know guys with big bags throw far and always birdie. So it's fun to step up with 5 discs and crush them. I do this a lot but I don't laugh in their faces, I'm usually explaining why my putter went farther than their boss.

If your putter went farther than their boss, you should be explaining, or nicely demonstrating correct form to them, rather than laughing in their face.

Obviously they are throwing way too fast of a disc, or have horrific form if they can't outdrive your putter, a few nice words or encouragement could go a long way for them.

I reread your post MrGlass and realized that you had said you DON'T laugh in their face, but rather explain to them why that is happening. My bad, I thought you were being a jerk and I felt the need to comment about it. haha