• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Message me if you can't find a ditch. :D

Also… have you ever thrown a Corvette? I'd love an Enigma vs Corvette review. I have so many drivers that I don't want to spend $20 to find out. But it has to be close to a Pharaoh or Corvette. Two molds I already bag.
Pardon my English. It's not my native language [emoji23]

I have 2 Gstar Corvette's atm in my bag that have been taken the Enigma's slot. A 168g that is on the flippier side and a 175g that can take a bit of wind. The flippier corvette reminds me a seasoned Neo Enigma in the 173-175g range. The heavier Corvette is closer to a Vapor Enigma. Still neither is stable enough to trust in strong winds. Thus the need for a meta/goldX type Enigma. Probably a champion Corvette could also fit the bill. For forehands I like the corvette way more than the enigma. So if you're forehand dominant stick with the corvette.

Pardon my English. It's not my native language [emoji23]

I have 2 Gstar Corvette's atm in my bag that have been taken the Enigma's slot. A 168g that is on the flippier side and a 175g that can take a bit of wind. The flippier corvette reminds me a seasoned Neo Enigma in the 173-175g range. The heavier Corvette is closer to a Vapor Enigma. Still neither is stable enough to trust in strong winds. Thus the need for a meta/goldX type Enigma. Probably a champion Corvette could also fit the bill. For forehands I like the corvette way more than the enigma. So if you're forehand dominant stick with the corvette.

Your English is well spoken. Thank you very much for the comparison! How you described the Enigma is exactly as I imagined- similar to the Corvette. I also throw two Gstar corvettes that are very long and very straight if I get the initial hyzer release correct.

Your English is well spoken. Thank you very much for the comparison! How you described the Enigma is exactly as I imagined- similar to the Corvette. I also throw two Gstar corvettes that are very long and very straight if I get the initial hyzer release correct.
Currently I believe the Corvette can bring more variation to a players bag as it's available in so many plastic blends. I would love to test a color glow or glow plastic one. In the Star plastic it seems to lack a touch of glide and is more OS. It comes down to each players individual liking. Both disc's give "easy distance" to a player, but I would say the Corvette is the longer one of the two.

The more I throw the splice the more I like it for some real OS stuff! noticeably more so than the '21 sexton also in my bag. the mutant is nice too and I'll probably throw it in the bag if I ever lose my legacy pursuit.

FYI - Nate Perkins in the bag with a little teaser slip - His next signature disc is going to be called the "Zen". It is a Meta Essence in production right now at Latitude 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n65d54Kr5M

That name has been floating around for a good while now. Figures. A new color glow FD may be quite a while in the making, so a special plastic understable fairway from the Swedish heritage makes a lot of (Es)sense.

I know the focus right now is on producing the origins molds (for good and obvious reasons), but is the Evolution line going away or will there be more runs of those discs?

...but is the Evolution line going away or will there be more runs of those discs?

There's a meta Essence coming (The Zen, Perkins tour series). The Razor Claw 2 is also in the works. And if you scroll up a few posts, Discmania mentioned that there's some premium plastic Evolution putters coming in the mystery boxes this Christmas season.

October Production Update

See Here: https://www.discmania.net/blogs/discover/discmania-production-update-october

Highlights:
- MD3 release on October 20 with EM Iron Samurai 3 in C-Line color glow shortly thereafter.
- DD3 getting released as EM Cloud Breaker 3 in S-Line plastic sometime in November
- C-Lin FD and PD coming in early 2022.
- Splice and Mutant Releases coming 2022 as well
- Multiple signature releases for 2021 still to come - Perkins Zen (Essence), Klein "Midnight Prowl", Montgomery "Arctic Fang"
- EM Razor Claw Tactic (Vapor plastic) coming in 2021 as well.

Should be a fun and ($$$) Fall/Winter

Highlights:
- MD3 release on October 20 with EM Iron Samurai 3 in C-Line color glow shortly thereafter.
- C-Lin FD and PD coming in early 2022.
- Splice and Mutant Releases coming 2022 as well
- EM Razor Claw Tactic (Vapor plastic) coming in 2021 as well.

Personally I'm most interested in these. color glow md3 especially. hopefully there is something for everybody!

Almost bought some white P2's at a local shop today. I tried to snatch a couple from Discmania when they were released but the white ones sold out quick. Managed to talk myself out of it since I've been putting pretty well with my current putters. Nice to see them in the shelves though.

How do these machines work? When DM gets 'caught up' with P2s, can they unscrew the P2 mold and screw on the FD mold and up production of FDs? Or is it one machine = 1 mold?

I have a question for all the Discmaniacs here. We will approach this dilemma as a poll in light of the recent announcements for the end of this production season…

I've never done a Mystery box and would likely only do it once. So…do I…

Option 1: shoot for one this year anticipating it being epic to try to reassert their hype and dominance in the market?

Or

Option 2: wait a year expecting another year under the belt of the new manufacturing facility will increase its epicness?

I could see Jussi making this year memorable but logic leans me toward next year. Any thoughts, advice, or insight from Discmania????

Fun to dream.

How do these machines work? When DM gets 'caught up' with P2s, can they unscrew the P2 mold and screw on the FD mold and up production of FDs? Or is it one machine = 1 mold?

You unbolt one mold from the machine, bolt the next one in and reset the parameters on the controller and you're making new parts.

I'm guessing since all they run in this plant are discs (presumably), any mold could run on any machine at any time.

Discmania Support Reply

I know the focus right now is on producing the origins molds (for good and obvious reasons), but is the Evolution line going away or will there be more runs of those discs?

Definitely not!

With new manufacturing, I wonder if the Active line will quietly step aside? Paying 2 other manufacturers is a lot of paying.

No plans to discontinue any portion of Active line. These are great products and the manufacturer has been a crucial part of business for the last few years. We expect a fruitful relationship for years to come.

I have a question for all the Discmaniacs here. We will approach this dilemma as a poll in light of the recent announcements for the end of this production season…

I've never done a Mystery box and would likely only do it once. So…do I…

Option 1: shoot for one this year anticipating it being epic to try to reassert their hype and dominance in the market?

Or

Option 2: wait a year expecting another year under the belt of the new manufacturing facility will increase its epicness?

I could see Jussi making this year memorable but logic leans me toward next year. Any thoughts, advice, or insight from Discmania????

Fun to dream.

Only one way to find out! Mystery boxes lately have contained a much higher volume of unreleased plastic than ever before. A customer going into a purchase expecting a box full of new Originals and first runs, etc will not get their wish but other than that, we've got some good stuff in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts