• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's super interesting to have a stock run of glow putters. Obviously Eagle has favored glow plastic for putting through his career. can't can't to compare! Do you put with them currently?

I putt with proto P2s normally, but the Rainmakers are in my little 8 disc bag that I use sometimes, like lunch breaks (like today). They are a bit less stable than P2, slightly shallower, but very close.

So, I've played two rounds with the Splice in my bag and the beef is real.

One round was a course I had never played and I found myself in a tricky spot a couple of times and the Splice saved me both times. One was a forehand that I had to force over on a hard anhyzer but needed it to fight out and skip. Worked like a charm. I also found myself pinched behind some trees and needed a low backhand with a big flare skip. Money.

I've also thrown it on a couple of thumbers and it works perfectly for me.

Hopefully when the day comes that I lose it replacements will be readily available.

So, I've played two rounds with the Splice in my bag and the beef is real.

One round was a course I had never played and I found myself in a tricky spot a couple of times and the Splice saved me both times. One was a forehand that I had to force over on a hard anhyzer but needed it to fight out and skip. Worked like a charm. I also found myself pinched behind some trees and needed a low backhand with a big flare skip. Money.

I've also thrown it on a couple of thumbers and it works perfectly for me.

Hopefully when the day comes that I lose it replacements will be readily available.

Yea it's stupidly OS but not so stupidly OS that it's unusable. Plus it feels great in the hand for me which helps with the confidence needed to throw hard

@discmania_support any word on cd2's? Any new molds in the works? You gotta give us something. Disc golf season is kicking off for most of the country by now.

@discmania_support any word on cd2's? Any new molds in the works? You gotta give us something. Disc golf season is kicking off for most of the country by now.

I wouldn't expect too much at this point. They keep saying "Soon" on the long promised production update, but of course that was back in December/January. They are so far behind on the "planned" releases from fall of 2021 seeing that the FD was just released and it was supposed to be a winter 2021 release. It seems they overplayed their hand by building up the hype and then running into production and shipping issues. They definitely do not want to start getting in the habit of that. So I'm sure there is stuff coming down the pipe, namely the MD1 and PD stock C-Line runs, but I wouldn't expect too much beyond that in the coming weeks.

Edit: Oh and probably a stock rainmaker release as well

Of course, I wouldn't mind being wrong.....

I wouldn't expect too much at this point. They keep saying "Soon" on the long promised production update, but of course that was back in December/January. They are so far behind on the "planned" releases from fall of 2021 seeing that the FD was just released and it was supposed to be a winter 2021 release. It seems they overplayed their hand by building up the hype and then running into production and shipping issues. They definitely do not want to start getting in the habit of that. So I'm sure there is stuff coming down the pipe, namely the MD1 and PD stock C-Line runs, but I wouldn't expect too much beyond that in the coming weeks.

Edit: Oh and probably a stock rainmaker release as well

Of course, I wouldn't mind being wrong.....

Discmania has always been pretty transparent with what is coming down the pipeline. Granted, things can/will get backed up from time to time. But we've had a good idea of everything that was in the works since the announcement of the new factory. What other manufacturer is online telling us exactly what they have coming up in production? I'll wait...

As far as what is coming down the pipleline, here's what I have gathered lately:

Stock C-MD1
Stock C-DD3
Glow Flex 3 Rainmaker Signature Series P2
Stock C-P2
Sky God 4 C-P2 Signature Series
Stock C-PD
New run of the Tilt (confirmed in a Simon video)
Leftover special discs from the mystery boxes
And I believe we were told 3-4 new molds beyond the original 5 in 2022 (FD3, PD2, CD2???)

Discmania has always been pretty transparent with what is coming down the pipeline. Granted, things can/will get backed up from time to time. But we've had a good idea of everything that was in the works since the announcement of the new factory. What other manufacturer is online telling us exactly what they have coming up in production? I'll wait...

As far as what is coming down the pipleline, here's what I have gathered lately:

Stock C-MD1
Stock C-DD3
Glow Flex 3 Rainmaker Signature Series P2
Stock C-P2
Sky God 4 C-P2 Signature Series
Stock C-PD
New run of the Tilt (confirmed in a Simon video)
Leftover special discs from the mystery boxes
And I believe we were told 3-4 new molds beyond the original 5 in 2022 (FD3, PD2, CD2???)

I've traced most of these through the last months as well. Now it's time for DM Support to confirm!

Discmania Support Reply

@Discmania_Support, are Rainmakers designed to go puddle-topped? Both my Flex 2 and 3 are showing signs after minimal use since BlackBox arrived. I wonder if it's designed that way because my D-Line P2 molded byinnova did the same thing. Not noticing any puddles with the four Proto P2s that see heavy use putting.

Technically, in a roundabout way. That type of disc would begin as flat and once it cools will puddle slightly. There are often variances within any kind of mold out there but once we see something we like, we do our best to keep it that way. Slight puddle putters have gotten much more positive feedback than a domey one (yuck). But a board flat anything is very difficult to achieve. It'll usually have some dome or a slight puddle. Or extremes of either if we prefer.

Rainmaker is for sure a thing. The Tilt will also be released later this year as well as the Sky God, too. For all other stuff in the works, we'll prefer to release short term info as opposed to a wider road map plan for the time being just to be sure we don't disappoint anyone with plans that get delayed for any number of reasons. You can bet that you'll have the info first with weeks to spare in order to plan ahead :)

Technically, in a roundabout way. That type of disc would begin as flat and once it cools will puddle slightly. There are often variances within any kind of mold out there but once we see something we like, we do our best to keep it that way. Slight puddle putters have gotten much more positive feedback than a domey one (yuck). But a board flat anything is very difficult to achieve. It'll usually have some dome or a slight puddle. Or extremes of either if we prefer.

Rainmaker is for sure a thing. The Tilt will also be released later this year as well as the Sky God, too. For all other stuff in the works, we'll prefer to release short term info as opposed to a wider road map plan for the time being just to be sure we don't disappoint anyone with plans that get delayed for any number of reasons. You can bet that you'll have the info first with weeks to spare in order to plan ahead :)

Any word on flex 2/3 vs. P line? Or when we get get C-line P2s for throwing this season? As always, appreciate your responses.

In the new Trevor Staub interview Lizotte said that he will have 3 signature molds this season. We already knew about the Sky God IV and the new Tilt, but he's also getting a signature Md1.

Curious how everyone feels about that signature lineup? He said he wanted four but Jussi said he needs to win more to get a fourth (Lizotte referenced Eagle's 4 signature molds).

I'm curious to know how people are liking the Md1 from the mystery boxes and if you love it as much as Lizotte? Also fun to speculate what would be Lizotte's fourth signature disc? Would they debut a new PD with a revived Sky Rider, go the route of Doom Bird FD3, or something totally new?

Just some fun discussion topics during Major weekend!

I'm excited for the new MD1's to become more available. I thought it might over lap the origin spot, but they are pretty different discs. I'd love to see an md1 in a fun new plastic, but would love to see a premium logic first lol.

In the new Trevor Staub interview Lizotte said that he will have 3 signature molds this season. We already knew about the Sky God IV and the new Tilt, but he's also getting a signature Md1.

Curious how everyone feels about that signature lineup? He said he wanted four but Jussi said he needs to win more to get a fourth (Lizotte referenced Eagle's 4 signature molds).

I'm curious to know how people are liking the Md1 from the mystery boxes and if you love it as much as Lizotte? Also fun to speculate what would be Lizotte's fourth signature disc? Would they debut a new PD with a revived Sky Rider, go the route of Doom Bird FD3, or something totally new?

Just some fun discussion topics during Major weekend!

I agree with Jussi. We need to see Simon perform at 100% after injury. (Also need to see Eagle, he's struggling at Champion's Cup post injury).

I bag the Origin and MD3. I haven't thrown the MD1, and don't know where I'd use it. I do have an old MD2, but it's not in the bag. I tried the Mako3 and didn't jive.

I bag the Origin and MD3. I haven't thrown the MD1, and don't know where I'd use it. I do have an old MD2, but it's not in the bag. I tried the Mako3 and didn't jive.

I bag a Midnight Prowl, a few md3's, and am contemplating keeping an md1 in the bag. My MP will hyzer flip slowly and eventually turn to the right for me. My md3's, for the most part will fly on the angle I put them on with a decent amount of finish. The md1 will fly dead straight and just sort of settle out without much of a finish at all. It has as much glide as the origin and is nice for low ceiling lines. I'm sure the more I throw it the more I will enjoy it. I'm excited for a stock release.

I bag a Midnight Prowl, a few md3's, and am contemplating keeping an md1 in the bag. My MP will hyzer flip slowly and eventually turn to the right for me. My md3's, for the most part will fly on the angle I put them on with a decent amount of finish. The md1 will fly dead straight and just sort of settle out without much of a finish at all. It has as much glide as the origin and is nice for low ceiling lines. I'm sure the more I throw it the more I will enjoy it. I'm excited for a stock release.

Problem is I am not very good at a flat release. I'd rather hit the Origin on more hyzer and have it finish straight. I throw MD3 on slight hyzer or anhyzer. If I try to throw flat my release is even more off target than with an intentional attack angle.

Cool to hear about your different uses. Thanks! I have all those in the bag as well, which is why I'm trying to decide if I need an Origin, Md1, AND Md3.

Problem is I am not very good at a flat release. I'd rather hit the Origin on more hyzer and have it finish straight. I throw MD3 on slight hyzer or anhyzer. If I try to throw flat my release is even more off target than with an intentional attack angle.

I hear you. I feel they do enough for my style of play to warrant slight overlap, but it won't be for everyone. It's a great disc and I think we will see a lot more people start to throw it.

@DiscT I'm stuck in the same boat. I recently took a bunch of stuff out of my bags and don't mind bagging more mids, even if I'm just trying them out, as opposed to carrying way too many drivers. Not sure if I really need it, but it's not causing a problem for me making the right disc selection so for now it will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts