• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair to say that Innova has a monopoly on plastic as they were one of the first in the game? Importing Italian plastic only to export those discs to the U.S. is not cheap.

Innova is now charging $18-19 for stock Champ/Star discs, so the price hike has been universal.

DM could probably save money and use ch1nese plastic. Oh, hey- anyone know where Innova sources their plastic?

Bunch of plastic racists on these boards nowadays ;)

I've seen a few places the air transport from Europe to America is the main driver of these cost increases. I would imagine the prices will come down a bit, but still be higher than Innova/Discraft, once Discmania catches up on production and gets a better handle on the shipping process.

I've seen a few places the air transport from Europe to America is the main driver of these cost increases. I would imagine the prices will come down a bit, but still be higher than Innova/Discraft, once Discmania catches up on production and gets a better handle on the shipping process.

I recall DM saying something about that (somewhere in this thread maybe) and that once they can count on shipping by sea the prices will come down.

But....maybe they won't. I mean, if players are paying the current prices and discs are selling, why lower the price?

I recall DM saying something about that (somewhere in this thread maybe) and that once they can count on shipping by sea the prices will come down.

But....maybe they won't. I mean, if players are paying the current prices and discs are selling, why lower the price?

Certainly possible. Eventually the rest of the market will catch up to whatever price they set.

Discmania Support Reply

I'm surprised that nobody is looking at DM's latest releases and price points from the economics of player sponsorship.
Eagle is one of the top/elite disc golfers around and DM needs to keep him, I think, to remain relevant in today's market.
That means DM needs to get $$ in Eagle's pocket…
Eagle can reasonably expect to be compensated at Paul and Ricky's level, because he wins, has a following and he moves plastic!
So the Rainmakers and IS3s are very much benefiting Eagle, as they should. DM has spent a lot of money getting the factory up and running, so these releases are intended to keep Eagle compensated while they get their supply chain issues ironed out.
It all makes perfect sense.
Jussi is no dummy…

You have been niced by Discmania Support :)

and when will rainmakers be available?

Lots are being made right now, you're going to love them! ETA in the next couple months or so but we'll keep you posted

@discmania_support any hints as to what's next after the fd, mutant, splice drops?

Sky God will certainly be among the first of the upcoming releases for sure. Rainmaker as well

+1 hey Discmania, If you want to bump the Envy out of my bag, make a premium plastic P2.

I'm TRYING to shape a Discmania-only bag this season, but it's not easy with the production holes and availability (totally my choice, I know. Not complaining. Just something fun I'm trying to work through).

But I ain't gonna lie, listening to Eric Oakley reference the Imperial Eagles of old while describing the new glow P-blend Alpaca that is coming out soon makes it vvveeerrrryyyy tempting.

Imitation is the best form of flattery ;)

Do ya'll think DM will ever bring back April Jewels? Now I'm just daydreaming.

April Jewels will definitely return but it's not likely to happen this time around. We want to make sure it's a treat and have already begun planning for 2023

I scored a neo Tactic from the mystery box, and although it's sweet, I can't replace it easily. I agree with you those two discs I'm Neo would be awesome. Premium Logic would be epic!

You just might get your wish. It won't be a full production release but we've got some tricks up our sleeve

Discmania Support Reply

The FD has been super inconsistent for a fairway driver, in my experience. The first couple I got many years back, with the original jackal stamp, were definitely -1 turn 1 fade. Discmania was marketing them as the best beginner driver and I think that claim was reasonable

Later on they were more like 0 turn and up to 2 fade, this includes both the swirly run they said was overstable and a later regular run.

I wanted to keep throwing the FD, but had to switch to the River because of this.

Definitely true. However, we make them ourselves now so the inconsistencies of the past are not likely to remain in the future.

Are online retailers limited to the same release TIME as the Discmania website? I know they can't sell until the date, but didn't know about time.

Technically yes, definitely. This allows all retailers a fair chance at productive sales at the same time. If people were allowed to battle one another for the earliest release, that causes problems. Anyone can release something later in the day, though.

I'm only saying DM could make them cheaper if they wanted, lol

Definitely! We have the affordable Active line for this purpose but also want to have other product lines at a higher quality and price point for more competitive players or product longevity. There is no need to make a premium product cheaper in quality and keep the price the same, that's not okay.

You have been niced by Discmania Support :)

Lots are being made right now, you're going to love them! ETA in the next couple months or so but we'll keep you posted

Sky God will certainly be among the first of the upcoming releases for sure. Rainmaker as well

Imitation is the best form of flattery ;)

April Jewels will definitely return but it's not likely to happen this time around. We want to make sure it's a treat and have already begun planning for 2023

You just might get your wish. It won't be a full production release but we've got some tricks up our sleeve

Welcome back! The Maniacs missed your insights and Easter eggs for sure. Thanks for catching up!

Since you didn't address the shipping costs that many people have addressed here, maybe tagging you directly will help you to do so.

I tried finding the complaints but don't feel like searching that long. What about 6 dollars for shipping sounds awful? That's what it is from them to PA anyway. I mean there are crazy expensive shipping options too, but I will never need plastic bad enough to upgrade shipping.

I tried finding the complaints but don't feel like searching that long. What about 6 dollars for shipping sounds awful? That's what it is from them to PA anyway. I mean there are crazy expensive shipping options too, but I will never need plastic bad enough to upgrade shipping.

Look it up before you reply.

Since you didn't address the shipping costs that many people have addressed here, maybe tagging you directly will help you to do so.

Look it up before you reply.

Did you mean shipping costs on Discmania website, or shipping costs from Sweden to the US to the distributors?

My last two orders from Discmania website were $4.65 to ship a CB3 and $13.92 to ship the black box. Pretty reasonable.

Did you mean shipping costs on Discmania website, or shipping costs from Sweden to the US to the distributors?

My last two orders from Discmania website were $4.65 to ship a CB3 and $13.92 to ship the black box. Pretty reasonable.

He wants answers from people but is unwilling to make it easy for the person who is going to potentially answer. His question was when things can ship by boat again, will discmania lower the price of discs.

Eye Spy...

Try zooming in on the image...

What do your elf eyes see?!

Answer: THAT'S A BAG FULL OF SKY GOT IV'S!!!!

Sneaky, Discmania...very sneaky...

@Discmania_Support can I have one from the Angry Ape bag signed by the Angry Ape himself since I'm correct?!?! Please? I'll even pay for shipping ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).jpg
    Screenshot (9).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 50
He wants answers from people but is unwilling to make it easy for the person who is going to potentially answer. His question was when things can ship by boat again, will discmania lower the price of discs.

Bingo bango. Sorry if before I sounded rude, your comment read like a fanboy who was ready to bite. Thanks for reading about the topic.

If Discmania is trying to show transparency to their fanbase and the disc golf community, they're going about it in a horrible way. They simply could have addressed the issue by saying they don't know at this time, logistics seem to be a future issue, etc.. However, they didn't, and I would like them to show their transparency.

Last edited:
Bingo bango. Sorry if before I sounded rude, your comment read like a fanboy who was ready to bite. Thanks for reading about the topic.

If Discmania is trying to show transparency to their fanbase and the disc golf community, they're going about it in a horrible way. They simply could have addressed the issue by saying they don't know at this time, logistics seem to be a future issue, etc.. However, they didn't, and I would like them to show their transparency.

Not a full answer to your question, but from page 469:

The entirety of 2021 we took things via air, a decision that many companies weren't willing to take because it's outrageously expensive. 2022 will bring somewhat regular container shipments and higher volume restocks in turn. First one should arrive in a couple weeks. More urgent disc releases such as signature ones will likely still be taken via air since they are more time sensitive. Lots of improvements to build on this year for sure :) Q1 is going to be a banger

DM Support was correct about Q1 being nice for releases, probably also correct about the Air Freight being expensive.

Discmania Support Reply

That is something we'll evaluate when things begin to level out again. The price of any kind of goods, beginning with raw material, is just continuing to rise. We don't expect our prices to rise further any time soon but also can't state if they will be decreased either.

Hopefully we can do better in the future! Many companies choose to say nothing at all so hopefully we're at least headed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.