• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also trying D line FD's, see how flippy we can get.
D-line FDs are flip-city!

I've got one in the bag right now and it's awesome for rollers, as well as effortless turnovers and standstill shots. Tons of fun to throw! It sits next to a G-line for laser beam hyzer flip and anny lines, a 3rd run C-line that is my workhorse FD, and a 2nd run C-line for more windy days and when I need something to work tighter lines. I also carry an FD2, but usually am powering down on it and using it as an OS mid and utility disc.

I've got one in the bag right now and it's awesome for rollers, as well as effortless turnovers and standstill shots. Tons of fun to throw! It sits next to a G-line for laser beam hyzer flip and anny lines, a 3rd run C-line that is my workhorse FD, and a 2nd run C-line for more windy days and when I need something to work tighter lines. I also carry an FD2, but usually am powering down on it and using it as an OS mid and utility disc.

Yep I only could snag 3 blue 172g was looking for max weight but it's only 3 grams.

I carry right now a

-175G S line Jackal stamped (getting 2 swirlies in the mail that I prob will bag one of instead)

-5th run C line that I simply don't throw after re finding out the S line after I learned to throw better as the year progressed

-and a 167g 2nd run, just rip on it and goes straight forever, or power down for a teebird esque flight.

-FD2 for flicks and even more OS duties

-then a S FD3 for mostly flicks or short big hyzer spykes or where I need a lot of fade but a PD2 is too long for!

Also I picked up 3 swirly s line MD3's and 6.... yeah 6 big stamped P lines. That big stamp is so awesome :p:p:p

what's the official ranking on the PD2 on the stability of flight between runs?

what is the most overstable run ever?

Well actually we just stumbled across the Prototype S-LINE PD2. It's by far the most overstable PD2 we have ever tested, but unfortunately it's too stiff for PDGA play.

In general the C-LINE is more overstable so i'll just add S-LINE where it belongs.

2nd run DD's...how do they fly compared to the other runs?

2nd run DDs have considerably more glide, especially the ones with the higher dome. They're one of our furthest flying discs behind maybe only the G-LINE DD2.

I LOVE my second run FD and feel like it's the perfect disc. Any chance there are more in the warehouse that you will release? Or will you ever produce more? I have the FD2 and love it as well but nothing compares to the 2nd run FD

We don't have any of the 2nd run FD's left. We have dug through everything multiple times to make sure we get all of them out to you guys. We have found that 165-169 FD2s fly a lot like the 2nd run FDs. Heavier FD2s are more beefy and great for touch sidearm shots.

How would a cline fd compare to a champ teebird?

C-LINE FD's and Champion TeeBirds share a lot of the same features. For example they are both speed 7 fairway drivers and both have a clear plastic. But the differences start to come in the flight. Now remember this is my opinion of comparing two brand new discs. The FD will be more willing to hold a line and not fade as early as the TeeBird with less effort.

come on ryan, give us the diggs!

what's to come this year as far as discmania??

discmaniacs need something to look forward to!

We'll have a few new things coming this winter - including the G-LINE PD2 today!

I just hope the next run of fds is more like the 3rd and 4th

I've only thrown fourth runs so far what's the difference between the fifth and fourth runs?

I think you guys got this one..

2nd run FD just flys like teebird/banshee (depending on the thrower)

basically a shorter PD.

even at light weights these things are stable as hell.

some of the lightest ones are the most overstable actually.

FD's in terms of HSS (least to most)

-third run

-fourth run

-5th run

-third run pearly

-First run (especially pop tops!)

-Second run

I would agree with this.

Just wanted to say it's amazing to throw and rep such a revolutionizing company that knows what they're doing.

This Disc Golf World tour news is fantastic! Jussi is the man. He has the vision for our sport

We greatly appreciate the kind words!

Finally got a CD2 in my hands. Reminds me of the innova thunderbird. Any one else like this comparison? I was afraid it would be overlap with my beloved PD's but it seems to turn more and hold an anny line better as well. What are your thoughts on this mold?

We agree with this. it was meant to compliment the PD, CD and even the TD.

Btw I now carry only discmania drivers and couldn't be happier! Loving this c-line and p-line plastic!

Awesome! We love to hear that!

Must be the CD2 you have, I threw c and s-line pd vs c-cd2. I agree they aren't as dumpy at the end of the flight as a pd but they are possibly more HSs. I have several and they all flew more Hss than any of pd's I've tried. I like the pd but love the CD2 and with the release of the fd3 it kicked all pd's out of my bag. But I do like your comparison, I think the thunderbird is the glow sexton fb to the Pd's firebird. Where I think the cd2 is like a more HSS Valkyrie.

The First Run C-LINE CD2s came out a little more overstable than the prototypes, so they were a little more HSS than they were supposed to be. The 2nd run we got to feel and fly exactly like the prototypes. We had guys testing these that were throwing them further than their favorite 11-13 speed drivers. We highly recommend this disc for those looking for a long straight flyer.

CD2's more HSS than PD's??

The CD2 is one of the best discs out there imo. Kinda like a thunderbird yeah, it is sneaky long, most people that throw them love them!

I agree with this. especially players loving them!

Hybrid's are money. If you think S Jackals are a bit too flippy but C lines are a bit too stable, that Hybrid is your disc.

Hybrids and Swirly S lines fly a little bit more stable than the normal S lines.

Nuts straight.

We agree!

So...any chance we'll see some more pumpkin D-P2's this year?

Also, really liking the new run of P-MD3's. These one's seem to break in a little faster than the proto's did. Now I can start rotating them and covering all my mid duties with various MD3's(C and P). Really looking forward to S-MD3's when they become widely available :D

We've never really made pumpkin discs, we've made halloween discs :) and thanks for the feedback on the new P-MD3s!

True. Def going to try out the SMD3s, especially if they are beefy. I might have to check out the GMD3s too for the same reason.

Try both for sure, we did a couple of cold morning rounds where they both performed great!

I still think flat top MF MD3's will give us ze beef we need. One can dream

We'll keep that in mind for future productions!

Oh buddy...MF MD3's would be sweet...regardless if they're beefy or not. I'd buy a small stack of purple MF MD3's

If we made them we would be looking for more beef.. maybe we'll slide this into our testing.

MD3 nut here...what is MF? Also, any colors of the new MD3s that break in faster than others (I'd buy d-line if they sold it...used to love my flat dx rocs, and MD3s replaced my rocs for their great stable flight but better grip/feel).

We haven't found one color to break in faster than another yet. We'll keep an eye on the rate at which these discs season.

I would love to see a p-line or s-line CD2!

Thanks for the idea, we'll most certainly keep this in mind for future productions.

^oh yes indeed! beat up a little, hyzerflip all day

How to tell apart the old understable run of Blizzard PD2s and the newer run?

You should really try the newest run (2nd run) of the CD2 they are a softer feeling plastic that glides great.

The old Blizzard PD2s have a large pop top to them and they had a rim that felt slick and was glossy looking.

Yes please!

Hope that helps.

I haven't asked in awhile: P-FDs anytime on the horizon?

I can tell you we have tested them. We'll get back to you on more later :)

A lighter s-line seasoned a little bit is nice and understable 350 and down.

We agree with that! and the G-LINE FD might work good too.

G-FD would probably fit the bill, especially in a lighter weight.

That's what I was thinking.

So I hear everyone likes the gummy PPD's. Why would they be preferred to the harder ones?

I am pretty sure they take longer to wear in. They are closer to S-LINE Plastic than normal P-LINE.

:sick:

I'd say it's more like 50/50 who like gummy P-PD's. Myself, I prefer the the stiffer P-Line's because of they seem to have better glide than the gummy's. But, the gummy's seem to hold their stability a little bit longer than the stiff one's.

Yeah, the harder ones start just as overstable then beat in faster but then get to point where they stay. The gummy ones take a little more to get there. We have actually found the G-PD to fly very close to the gummy P-LINE PDs. We would recommend the G-PD as a replacement for those looking to get a new gummy P-LINE PD.

crickets....

looking at the current line up, what do discmaniacs still desire or think is needed?

the disc selection is getting pretty well rounded.

I'd still like to see (this is mostly for sake of converstation)

p4-flat low profile glidless putter, the P3 looks and feels awkward (mega domes) rhyno/piggy/scale

MD4-flat low profile glidless mid, the gator/drone killer

FD4-crazy overstable trickshot spirit/firebird/flick (just for shiggles)

Maybe start running some different plastic configurations. The new PMD3s have caught a good following and proved to be a great addition to the overall offerings.

I seriously think that firm KCP Esq FDs would be awesome, if DX is justifiable I these should be too.

bright (no wine) metal flake MD3/FD/PD2

Sorry for the delay in response again! Thanks for the suggestions!

If you look at their current pro's bags you can tell where the next spots will be filled.

MD4- It's too bad they didn't get the mortar molding for the MD4. A beadless gator would have fit the bill. But I am sure they have a good reason for that! Eagle still has his gator which leads me to believe something is in the works.

I agree with an FD4 thoughts, but maybe more like a PD3? Something that resembles a champion max (or MF max that eagle carries) with so much beef it can handle any wind and will always dump hard. I think this would suit Eagle and Simon well and would be something unique for the lineup.

I like the idea of the P4 and feel that was the champion P2/P3 goal, but fell short. I know the jokeri reigns supreme for that spot in Europe. It would make sense to create something to compete for market share.

I still feel a speed 9ish roadrunner type disc could do well. The TD2 doesn't seem to have a strong following and much like the CD2 did for the rebirth of the CD, a TD3 could be the solution!

Discmania are not far off from having the perfect lineup. I don't see them being the company to add tons of new discs each year like Innova. I think they could round their lineup with 3-4 more molds and be set. Then they could focus on special stamps and releasing each mold in the various plastic lines.

The store has endless possibilities for new runs and releases of existing molds. MF anything would sell like hotcakes, especially within the fairway and mid-range lineups. Getting more molds (like the FD2 or CD2) into s-line or swirly s-line plastic. Creating flat top variations of the glow MD3 again (like the euro release) etc etc.

end of 2015-2016 will be exciting!

Thanks for all of the suggestions! It seems like you get where we're going with our lineup. We just want to have the best overall selection that any player can play with!

I agree with a lot of the aboves

I'm just so much a fan of the S Line plastic for grip and durability, and, I like many have been moving to DiscMania from Innova, and it's been one good thing after another. Luckily the P1x was coming out when I was in need of a dead straight putting and throwing putter, I wanted a putter to do it all, and that was/is it. Paired with the P2 for overstable drives/ approaches, I'm all set now putting and approaching.

- D P1x (putting, approach) and S P2 drives and approaches. And a standing $25 offer for a pink S P1x specially for me.

Probably my favorite Innova discs right now are my Roc3s - the Buzzz killer Star plastic and better-than-a-roc MF Roc3. Same mold covers almost all the ground in the mid area OS to straight, with a Star Mako3 covering the flippy range. I also carry a Gator, because sometimes you need to dive bomb or shoot around a corner and nothing does it better than a swirly pink Gator.

- S MD, S MD3, S MD4 would fill my bag on mids.

The S FD changed my world. It's longer and still controllable as a fairway. Flips up and can ride straight, or thrown flat can move right as much as I need with a flat finish. I have a Star Teebird that's just begging to be tossed in the backup box when the S FD2 comes out, and I'll be all set on the fairway world. It seems like I can almost stretch the FD2 to cover the FD3, but the FD3 has been a good forehand disc for me. Still have a new Star Firebird to give me the ability to really turn a corner and not glide out long.

- FD, FD2 and FD4 in S Lines would complete me in the fairways.

I'm coming from a Wraith background as the destroyers have always been just out of reach except for the windiest days. Adding in a DD now and working off the initial stability. Also have a DD2 that's just too much disc for me. Even with the understable ratings it's just too fast to get hold of and make it fly correctly. The CD is awesome. Adding the PD which early indications look awesome. If there were a driver to add for me, it would be an 11-12 speed driver with some turn right out of the bag.

- CD, PD, DD, and maybe a TD Rush, all in S Lines would cover my bag.

Thanks for the insight! We'll keep all of that in mind!

"- CD, PD, DD, and maybe a TD Rush, all in S Lines would cover my bag."

they make all of those in Sline

The TD is like the house secret disc. There are so many lines you can conquer with the TD.

Not sure if this has been asked but will we get some more lizotte stamped c fds in the store? Red is all that's left but I'd like more colors.

We'll work on it!

Friday is the date. And yes, pretty darn flat...if they mold up like the tester I have.

They're quite nice if we do say so ourselves.

Just got 2 fresh P-P1s. Man the grip is great, but they are a bit softer than I hoped. Very cool looking tree ring like pattern in the plastic, super HOT pink. I'm pretty happy overall. Have they ever done stiffer pro for putters? Would like that grip but stiffer, would be the perfect putter. Paired with a nicely seasoned S-Line, I'm all set from 150' and in!

Discmania is taking over my bag like a plague on all other discs.

You should try our X-LINE plastic!

Also I almost forgot. What is up with P-FDs?!?! I need this in my life.

It's in the works.

I agree, although I gave up on waiting and have a X Mantis on the way. Hoping it is what I hope a P FD would be like.

Not sure if you know this or not, but P-Line P2's are run in a different P-Line plastic than that P-Line P1's. The P2's are run in a KC Pro like plastic where as the P-Line P1's are run in a plastic more liken to the X-Line...just a bit less rigid.

so does anyone here have:

"viper PD" old EO or Presidents cup one I think, has a big sweet snake on it.

the lynx predator stamp atlas?

Good luck getting both of those!

yes, p-line p2's are a soft pro plastic like mcpros. They are also ran in a stiff pro plastic much like kc pro penned "KP2". Lastly the p1 is ran in r-pro or else it would be a mcpro aviar.

Close - The P2s are the same material, except runs vary a tiny bit in firmness...

Pretty much what has been said before. Super stupid OS putter mid and fwy. Also A little bit faster, longer (i.e. with a touch of turn) PD. Something like 11-12 / 5 / -1 / 2 driver would be nice. Although a beat in P-PD2 is pretty much that. But a out of the box one in JL plastic would be lovely.

You'll like the G-LINE PD2 that's coming out today...

Europeans do if you are willing to shell out the cash. The lynx came on an atlas and a P2. (they had a 4 piece P2 collector set with all the stamps) It's a shame the set never made it to the US.

I have only seen two people with the viper stamp in their collection. It was a players pack only disc. Is that your holy grail?

My holy grail is the Scandinavian open P2's from 2008. No one from Europe will sell me one though :(

Those are pretty nice too.

DD? The champ ones are more stable than what you are talking about but the S line are close.

The newest run (like the sexton DD) are super beefy.

Yeah. Get a P line DD. They start off overstable and beat into just lazer beams, if you're really looking for something with these flight numbers I would go with that. Or if you prefer S line, it would just take a bit more to get it into this spot. Unless you go with a lighter weight one!

The ligherweight ones are bombers too!

I think the DD covers the 11-12/ 5/ 0-1/ 2 3 slot pretty well.

want one beefy? C

want to season a workhorse? S

want something flippy soon? P

they start off like a beefy wraith/teerex and could easily season into anything else on the flippyer side of the spectrum.

Good assessment!

How does a c line fd2 holy compared to a champ teebird? The fd has already replaced my beat teebirds.

The FD2 will be a little bit slower feeling in flight, grab a lighter weight one it will help you project the disc at a faster speed, and the lighter ones can handle a boatload of juice behind them.

closer to a banshee than a teebird.

tad shorter may have more turn than a teebird but also have a harder fade.

I disagree with the turn part. Are you throwing a flat first run by chance?

Any chance for an S-Line CD2? I really like the feel of the CD2 (haven't thrown one yet) but I'd much rather buy it in S-line as I prefer the feel and how it wears in. Also, I think the FD2 deserves to be run in other plastics!

Thanks for the input! We'll consider it for sure!

This please I really want a cd2 I can beat in faster my c line is more stable than my pd's.
Cd2 would gain a lot more popularity if it were in s line!

Try the newest run of C-CD2, it's a touch softer and we have found it seasons up a little better than the first run.

I want to add that I'd love it to be run in FIRM S-Line, not the soft and flexy Star plastic that I've seen lately from Innova.

For the CD2?

Man....I must be the only one getting odd-ball C-CD2's. The two C-CD2's that I have were both deadnuts straight with very little fade when I first got them. Now they fly like a used Sidewinder.

You must have gotten the 2nd run of them.

For what I've seen a buddy throw one, it was pretty straight with mellow fade to start with and now after a couple of months it shows a bit of turn but nothing drastic. Seems like a pretty straight flying disc overall. He probably throws them around 380'.

Your friend might have the 1st run.

I feel like you need to have some sort of power to see the difference. For me, maxing out at 340 or so, C-CD2 is pretty much a PD. Lower arm speed peeps like me will see more difference with G-CD2.

Did the DM guys forget about us??! It's been over a month since their last post. :(

In case it gets passed over, I'll bump my question...

So sorry guys!

agreed, where the heck is ryan at?

Ryan was the one I talked to when I had an issue with my last order. He's still working there. Seemed like a great guy.

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I've been a bit busy!

Just a little busy I'm sure they will get to it before you know it; No worries guys they didn't forget about us :)

Thanks!

Nice set up!

Yep I only could snag 3 blue 172g was looking for max weight but it's only 3 grams.

I carry right now a

-175G S line Jackal stamped (getting 2 swirlies in the mail that I prob will bag one of instead)

-5th run C line that I simply don't throw after re finding out the S line after I learned to throw better as the year progressed

-and a 167g 2nd run, just rip on it and goes straight forever, or power down for a teebird esque flight.

-FD2 for flicks and even more OS duties

-then a S FD3 for mostly flicks or short big hyzer spykes or where I need a lot of fade but a PD2 is too long for!

Also I picked up 3 swirly s line MD3's and 6.... yeah 6 big stamped P lines. That big stamp is so awesome :p:p:p

Nice pickup!

Again, i'm sorry for the delay in my response! I'm working on freeing up some time to get to back to you guys!

Yes I do believe he was talking about the CD2 in that S line response.

Just another bid for S line FD2 and CD2 :p In theory they sound like absolute money discs.

I get that Jussi/the company wanted to move away from the original mold names/graphic designs in favor of simple and professional but.....

were/are there any working mold names that you guys were looking at for the most recent molds? i.e what were the working names of the Cd2/P3/MD3/FD2/FD3?

the spooky CPD2 was a great idea, I would love to see other mold gets the same treatment.

AND!

you guys should run some more DFDs especially in white, please. (make lots of mistakes/adjustments with your stamping machine so I can get a bunch of XOUTS!)

I received a couple of P1X x-outs recently for putting. They're great but they're a lot stiffer than my main set of D-line P1x's. The x-outs feel almost pro-like to me. Would it be possible to have different listings for the stiffness of D-line discs, or would it be better for customers like me to request a preference for disc pliability in the comments of the order?

For the CD2?

Again, i'm sorry for the delay in my response! I'm working on freeing up some time to get to back to you guys!

Yes, firm S-Line CD2's, please! :) And thanks for getting back to us, Ryan! That's a buttload of questions you just replied to, we know it takes quite a lot of time to keep up and reply to everyone, I'm sure everyone here appreciates what you're doing.
Also, I'm happy to hear that you're working on P-Line FD's! Must be a glide monster.

Just thought I'd share that my bag is now 100% Discmania! Md3 and P2 replaced my mcpro aviar and roc3. Also repping discmania everywhere I go and putting discs in people's hands!

Hey, are you guys planning on getting more Discmania Nike Performance Jersey's up on the discmania store? I need those!! You guys are out of Large. Thanks

So what is everyone's go to hyzer-flip mold from Discmania?

What molds compare to the TD and TD2?

My personal hyzer-flippers include G-line FDs, PDs, and PPDs. All will need a little bit of wear on them to properly hyzer flip, but you can usually get them there in just a couple of rounds of heavy throwing.

As far as TDs and TD2s, I've not spent a ton of time with them. The TD was a fun disc that I could see beating into an easy hyzer flip disc, but I lost it quickly and never replaced it. The TD2 was always really touchy (as most US high speed discs tend to be) and was difficult to control on the lines I wanted it to go on. Innova comparison for the TD2 is the Mamba.

CCD2 is a good choice depending on power. I release mine with a slight hyzer for a dead straight (CFD style) finish. I can see it breaking into a great turning driver pretty quick.

I use SFDs for hyzer flips.

I also use DFDs for low power/standstill/super steep hyzer release to full turn overs.

used to use beat gummy PPDs but I have too hard a time not finding the stiff ones.

I'll be honest though, I'm not a huge hyzer flip player. Not that I don't use them/see the value. I'm much more comfortable throwing flat with very HSS discs instead of trying to dial in the release angle of a lesser HSS disc.

btw got really lucky today and happened to acquire two more 2nd runs for the stash.

blue with the stamp wiped and a chartreuse with gold stamp in mint condition.

All but one in my collection are great easy to find colors, the odd duck in the bunch irks me. It's the deepest/darkest/ugliest/most useless merlot color, it forever rests in the very back of the rotation. I hope to never ever have to throw it.

Making time for you guys!

As promised, i'm working on making more time for this thread!

Yes I do believe he was talking about the CD2 in that S line response.

Just another bid for S line FD2 and CD2 :p In theory they sound like absolute money discs.

That's a good theory, maybe we'll have to do something about it.

I get that Jussi/the company wanted to move away from the original mold names/graphic designs in favor of simple and professional but.....

were/are there any working mold names that you guys were looking at for the most recent molds? i.e what were the working names of the Cd2/P3/MD3/FD2/FD3?

the spooky CPD2 was a great idea, I would love to see other mold gets the same treatment.

AND!

you guys should run some more DFDs especially in white, please. (make lots of mistakes/adjustments with your stamping machine so I can get a bunch of XOUTS!)

Unfortunately we did not name any of the new discs. And thank you for the compliments on the spooky PD2, there's a good chance we could do some more molds. I assume the automatic favorites would be the FD and PD? or would you guys want to see some of the other designs?

The D-FD would be hard to have x-outs, we're pretty good at stamping D-LINE :)

I received a couple of P1X x-outs recently for putting. They're great but they're a lot stiffer than my main set of D-line P1x's. The x-outs feel almost pro-like to me. Would it be possible to have different listings for the stiffness of D-line discs, or would it be better for customers like me to request a preference for disc pliability in the comments of the order?

Thank you for the insight, we often try mark the discs stiffness or what makes the discs different, but when people are buying X-OUTs we would be using a little too much of our time for a very very small amount of discs. But we'll still do our best to get you guys the best information to make sure you like the discs you get from the Discmania Store.

Yes, firm S-Line CD2's, please! :) And thanks for getting back to us, Ryan! That's a buttload of questions you just replied to, we know it takes quite a lot of time to keep up and reply to everyone, I'm sure everyone here appreciates what you're doing.
Also, I'm happy to hear that you're working on P-Line FD's! Must be a glide monster.

Oh you caught that did you :) I thought it might get lost in all of the answers.

Just thought I'd share that my bag is now 100% Discmania! Md3 and P2 replaced my mcpro aviar and roc3. Also repping discmania everywhere I go and putting discs in people's hands!

Thank you for the praise! We love to hear back from our fans and we strive for every player that at least wants to give our discs a chance to know exactly what they're going to get! whether it's from the Discmania Store or when they grab our discs from wherever their favorite place to get discs happens to be!

Welcome to the club :thmbup:

Thanks guys :)

Hey, are you guys planning on getting more Discmania Nike Performance Jersey's up on the discmania store? I need those!! You guys are out of Large. Thanks

We're working on getting more performance jerseys and other clothing items. Thanks for reminding us to get some more for the fans!

We recommend: G-FD, S-TD, G-CD2, G-TD2 (Saw Jussi and some other guys hyzer flip these like crazy and go a really long ways) and the G-DD2 <-- these are a must try, especially for the winter.

My personal hyzer-flippers include G-line FDs, PDs, and PPDs. All will need a little bit of wear on them to properly hyzer flip, but you can usually get them there in just a couple of rounds of heavy throwing.

As far as TDs and TD2s, I've not spent a ton of time with them. The TD was a fun disc that I could see beating into an easy hyzer flip disc, but I lost it quickly and never replaced it. The TD2 was always really touchy (as most US high speed discs tend to be) and was difficult to control on the lines I wanted it to go on. Innova comparison for the TD2 is the Mamba.

Good comparison, we would say the TD2 is more overstable than the Mamba... but again, it's a comparison :)

CCD2 is a good choice depending on power. I release mine with a slight hyzer for a dead straight (CFD style) finish. I can see it breaking into a great turning driver pretty quick.

We have had a lot of our team players use the C-CD2 for this as well.. especially --> Simon & Eagle

I use SFDs for hyzer flips.

I also use DFDs for low power/standstill/super steep hyzer release to full turn overs.

used to use beat gummy PPDs but I have too hard a time not finding the stiff ones.

I'll be honest though, I'm not a huge hyzer flip player. Not that I don't use them/see the value. I'm much more comfortable throwing flat with very HSS discs instead of trying to dial in the release angle of a lesser HSS disc.

Nice analogy, have you noticed that a lot of our discs are HSS and can be thrown lower at more direct lines?

Alright guys! Keep em coming! I'll be working on answering more often!

Been throwing some PD2s a bit lately after finding my previous wind discs were not cutting it.
I finally played some in real wind yesterday and the PD2 is exactly what I was looking for. LONG hyzers or straight shots with a predictable fade with good penetration and they stayed on the line well. I was concerned throwing a disc with this much dome into the wind (especially the S lines or my color glows) but they did not seem to get the random drops/elevation changes that you often see with the dome. Just as predictable as my stiletto, and as long as my giants. Its officially replaced both, I am glad I tried them again (tried them years ago, but got 2nd(?) run absolute beefcakes that were no longer than Predators).

"have you noticed that a lot of our discs are HSS and can be thrown lower at more direct lines?"

yes sir!

I use a 2nd run FD/PD/PD2 before any hyzer flip shot, HSS all day long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts