• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a better idea. Throw the link. Thank me later. I just converted from the P1x to the link and have made more circle 2 putts in 6 rounds than I did the last 6 months of using the P1x. Such a clean release and that exo soft is <3<3<3

I've been using the Link for throwing. Something about it doesn't feel quite right for putting. Maybe because of how shallow it is? Maybe it's because it's grippier than D and P line?

Yeah man. Switched from Wizards myself and the Link is just a more comfortable in the hand, longer in the air Wizard IMO. Just need to find a (likely premium plastic) variant that has also fade when the straight throw doesn quite cut it.

I've been using the Link for throwing. Something about it doesn't feel quite right for putting. Maybe because of how shallow it is? Maybe it's because it's grippier than D and P line?

IDK if I just have smaller hands or what it is but from my first throw with the Link I could tell that the release is much cleaner than any other putter I have thrown. I have always been drawn to more grippy plastic so the exo is in the sweet spot for me. I honestly didn't expect to like the Link all that much but it is really hard to argue with results. Maybe just try to cycle it into a practice stack to try against others. I have been throwing it off the tee a little the last 2 rounds as well and it really surprised me there too. I really look forward to a premium Link for a thrower.

Yeah man. Switched from Wizards myself and the Link is just a more comfortable in the hand, longer in the air Wizard IMO. Just need to find a (likely premium plastic) variant that has also fade when the straight throw doesn quite cut it.

P3x or AviarX3

Well, that was entertaining.

Saw the Echo DD3's were available and since I'm a sucker for trying just about anything new thought I might order a couple.

Wanted to get some lighter weights and every time I'd stick one or two in my cart and try to check out it would tell me one of the discs wasn't available.

After several attempts I finally managed to get a 171 and 172 successfully added and paid for.

I'll be curious to see if they are noticeably less stable than my max weight Cloudbreakers.

Even though Simon says I have no business throwing drivers.

Well, that was entertaining.

Saw the Echo DD3's were available and since I'm a sucker for trying just about anything new thought I might order a couple.

Wanted to get some lighter weights and every time I'd stick one or two in my cart and try to check out it would tell me one of the discs wasn't available.

After several attempts I finally managed to get a 171 and 172 successfully added and paid for.

I'll be curious to see if they are noticeably less stable than my max weight Cloudbreakers.

Even though Simon says I have no business throwing drivers.

They are significantly less stable fresh out of the box. Mine turns more than the proto cloudbreaker I have been throwing since they first dropped.

Thanks Simon and Discmania!

f568ff85fe22e05360b13e37ec550712.jpg

IDK if I just have smaller hands or what it is but from my first throw with the Link I could tell that the release is much cleaner than any other putter I have thrown. I have always been drawn to more grippy plastic so the exo is in the sweet spot for me. I honestly didn't expect to like the Link all that much but it is really hard to argue with results. Maybe just try to cycle it into a practice stack to try against others. I have been throwing it off the tee a little the last 2 rounds as well and it really surprised me there too. I really look forward to a premium Link for a thrower.

The Lux Link is pure money. I joined Discmember just to get that disc and I snagged a few from the other people who don't throw DM. I can't wait until the public can get there hands on that disc. It's my favorite throwing putter I've found.

Discmania Support Reply

Will any P-Line MD3s be released in 2020?

We still have some available here for sure. April we'll include these as part of something special too.

Are there anymore color glow md3s being made for 2020

Definitely. Iron Samurai II coming this year. But probably not Color Glow :)

Love throwing d line p3x's. Any chance they will be molded in x line ever?

No plans at the moment. My guess is Stiff P-Line will be made first.

Any timetable for a swirly or just regular s-line run of MD4? The MD4 for me is the best feeling of any midrange, and if I got my hands on a gummy s-line MD4 I may finally give in and just bite a disc because it feels so good.

This one isn't on the agenda either. The S-Line MD3 has done fairly well so I'd say that's definitely a good possibility. But, swirl may be out of the question. Larger diameter discs like midranges don't come out very swirly too often.

Any update on Discmania Tactic european release date?

More info to come in just a couple weeks. Coming soon!

Hey Discmania, what's the deal with the Shield & Swords stamps? I never heard of that stamp before, but I found a S&S S-line CD2 on eBay for stock prices.

I really dig that stamp! I've been looking for more and they seem rare, but not really priced like collectibles (which is fine by me). But what's the deal? Do those only drop in limited batches, or for certain tourneys, or what?

And anyone, if you've got a Shield & Swords CD2 to sell or trade, hit me up! ;)

Great question. This was a specialty stamp first introduced in the Mystery Boxes. We've done a batch here and there but have kept those quantities fairly limited. They're out there, though!

I'm seriously considering switching to P1's or P1x's this season (been using P2's), but pickings are pretty slim. How soon can we see a restock?

Link is a great option as well. P1x is now complete and we need to order those. P1 should be soon after if not the same time. Est. maybe a month or so.

Hey Discmania.

Are there any S-Line FD runs happening soon? I'm down to my last 165g, and it needs some siblings so I can go back to feeling safe to throw it on water holes.

Thanks in advance!

if i really liked my beat pro dd hysteria what would be the closest replacement since i hear now theyre oop

im thinking pro wraith

Discmania Support Reply

Hey Discmania.

Are there any S-Line FD runs happening soon? I'm down to my last 165g, and it needs some siblings so I can go back to feeling safe to throw it on water holes.

Thanks in advance!

Yes definitely! We have an order in now and just need to receive those. There are a few shipments to come first, though, so we'd estimate at least a month before we do get more in stock.

Will we see a new run of C-line CD2s soon?

We've got a new run of C-Line CD2 right now! The ones being sold on our dealer store are mostly the new run with a handful of previous ones. We're working on switching over the current inventory on discmania.net to be replaced with the newest run. This should take place in next Monday's weekly restock. If you're looking for this run only, please wait until you see the picture change on the store and you'll know it's time. Both runs are great so you can't go wrong either way.

if i really liked my beat pro dd hysteria what would be the closest replacement since i hear now theyre oop

im thinking pro wraith

CD3 would be a great choice for sure, perhaps in lighter weights to get you closer to P-Line DD stability. Other than that I don't think we have upcoming releases that are going to suit that purpose right away.

I just noticed C-CD2's with the new stamp on your online store. What are the flight characteristics of this new run and how' did they mold up (flat, domey, neutral)?

I love the CD2 and bag a flat S-Line for hyzerflips / turnovers and a somewhat domey C-Line that holds any line and can absolutely crush on raw distance when needed. Would love to see how these new ones slot in.

I would absolutely love something like a turning-MD. I play a ton of wooded courses here in NC, and while I adore MD3s and bag 4 of em most of the time, sometimes the line calls for either a late turn or a low-power turn. I can't really get that out of an MD3, even my beat-up P-Line that holds an anny beautifully doesn't really flip over for me. My midrange lineup is 4 MD3s, an MD4, an MD5, and a Westside Tursas. The Tursas in a nice disc for this slot, but let's be real here, I want a full discmania midrange lineup in my bag. Is a turnover mid something you guys have ever discussed? I'd love to throw more money at you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.