• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official P1 lovefest thread

Spent this morning comparing the new P1 to a Nexus Xero (which is just the old P1x mold). It's pretty clear that I'm going to be going with the Xero for putting duties.

The new P1 seems to be faster with a bigger dump when it runs out of steam. Some will probably like this but I'm not a fan of fast putters, I like to be able to put them on a line and know they will hold the line even with less power. Xero goes straight even at lower power like the old P1 and P1x did.

One of the video reviews compared the new P1 to a Pure, I think that's an accurate description.

Glad I'm not off with my assessment. Essentially what I was looking for was the P1x flight on a beadless putter. The P1 is definitely not it. It's a nice, true to the definition, "stable" putter.

Glad I'm not off with my assessment. Essentially what I was looking for was the P1x flight on a beadless putter. The P1 is definitely not it. It's a nice, true to the definition, "stable" putter.

The Xero is literally the P1x mold. Can't get used to a bead?

If I recall correctly I found the Legacy Hunter to be pretty similar to a P1/P1x but I didn't test it too extensively so don't quote me on it. Tried a lot of other putters too but nothing else gave me the flight of the old P1/P1x. For awhile thought the Keystone might work but that didn't stick.

The Xero is literally the P1x mold. Can't get used to a bead?

If I recall correctly I found the Legacy Hunter to be pretty similar to a P1/P1x but I didn't test it too extensively so don't quote me on it. Tried a lot of other putters too but nothing else gave me the flight of the old P1/P1x. For awhile thought the Keystone might work but that didn't stick.

I prefer beadless, but it's more the shape of the P1x mold that I have an issue with than anything. Just the way it fits in my hand personally.

Update: Been putting with the DX Xero for awhile and it seems like a really good replacement for the original D-line P1.

Also, Innova customer support confirmed to me via email that the original P1 was literally the Aviar P&A mold in a different plastic. I was skeptical of this before based on much older Aviar runs having more fade but consider me convinced now.

Can anyone compare current runs of DX Aviar P&A with DX Xero? Does the Aviar P&A really have more fade?

new d-line flex2 p1's are solid. Earned a spot in my bag after one round.

Niklas Antilla's says he's using the flex 3 P1 for putting. I don't think a flex 3 P1 has even been for sale. I held out for about a year for flex3 P2 or P1, and ended up buying 8 Rainmakers for putting the next several years.

I recently switched back to beadless putters for putting duties and wanted something a little straighter than the P2's I used to bag. Tried out one of the newer P1s and it was excellent but it ended up losing out to the EV-7 Phi. It was a close battle though and I could easily have gone with the P1 but I just seemed to make more putts from circles edge with the Phi.

Well I picked up some DX Aviar P&A. Not quite as much fade as I remember, but definitely more fade than a Xero. Not a huge amount more, but noticable. Gonna stick with the Xero.

Latest posts