• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Okthrowberfest X (2018) submissions called for!

Noill

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
bbd529b30bca197963e6c3fd2285cbd3.png

--- click here to see yesteryears' entries and results ---

The 10th annual dyeing competition, looking back to the last nine that preceded it... there have been some really amazing dyes over the years and some dyers that just get better and better each year. The Dye A Day thread is awesome for showing off all sorts of work, anything really. This, however, is the Halloween and Autumn inspired dye competition, Okthrowberfest! Year after year, dyers have put their best stuff up against each other. I still remember a particular glow disc dyed a few years back before I put these competitions together... which reminds me. Thank you to all the folks who conceived of and ran the last nine years of this competition. It truly is unique to this site and to these dyers. And now, the rules...

Rules
All you need to do to enter is to dye a disc with your interpretation of what you think OKTHROWBERFEST could represent -- the changing seasons, the scariest of Halloween horrors, German beer festivals -- use your imagination!

Anyone can enter -- maximum TWO dyed entries.

All discs entered must be a legally dyed disc(no added weight). This is primarily a dye competition, but if enough sharpie art submissions come in, I will put together a small side prize table and voting thread for that. So, sharpie art is allowed this year!

Submit your dyes by sending an email to [email protected] with the title "Okthrowberfest X entry".

Please include:
  • a clean and clear picture of your disc
  • the title of your entry
  • your DGCR name
  • your real name
  • your address
Entries will be finalized Tuesday, October 30th*, followed by voting through an open thread to determine the winners. Please keep all submissions anonymous until after the last ballot has been counted.

Please keep in mind, there is NO ENTRY FEE. This contest is supported and made possible by the generosity of individual donors and some incredible sponsors. Please support those who support dyers and the contest!

Top three winners will get a nice haul of discs and accessories!

Get your fingers flexed and your blades sharpened --- I have no doubt that Year Ten will be the best Okthrowberfest we've ever seen!

SEND YOUR ENTRY/S IN AN EMAIL TO [email protected] BY TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30th*--- I will post them all together after the deadline so everybody can vote on them all at once.

BTW, Don't go chucking up your entries in the Dye-A-Day thread!

GOOD LUCK!

*There will be a short grace period for last minute submissions after the deadline

Last edited:
All discs entered must be a legally dyed disc(no added weight). This is primarily a dye competition, but if enough sharpie art submissions come in, I will put together a small side prize table and voting thread for that. So, sharpie art is allowed this year!

But what if there's only 1 or 2? Then they are in the general pool with the legit dyes? :\

Honorable mention and probably a side prize all the same. Only dyed are in the main competition. Sharpie art is still great though, so if they come in there will be some recognition for them.

So, you can enter two dyed discs and one or two sharpie if you want. Only the dyed discs will be judged in the regular vote. If enough sharpie art comes in, there will be a side vote and prize table.

Last edited:
I have one special prize to recognize the 10 year anniversary which I'm excited about because it supports an artist who made it and the artist who wins it. The artist who made it is one of our own. And for now, it's a secret...

I have one special prize to recognize the 10 year anniversary which I'm excited about because it supports an artist who made it and the artist who wins it. The artist who made it is one of our own. And for now, it's a secret...

Is it something from Bennett? It'd be awesome if he entered this year given how much he did for the contest for 8 years.

Also, I am in. I always think the deadline will be early-mid Oct, but given that it's the end of the month, I think I can manage. Just finished up cutting last night.

Also also, I will send you a package again Noill. Is the address you gave me last year that I found in my emails still correct?

Cool! There will also be some time to submit late... I don't think we should lose submissions over a little extra time. Oct 30 is the target, but if life happens or whatever and a day or so helps, then sobeit.

Anyone thinking of sharpie? I'm not sure if anyone here has been getting up to that lately...

Check out along the others too since this Pic was made. Sooo many... I'm trying to compile the others... Sooo many!

So, 8 days left (discounting late submissions)... It's funny how I don't know who is even submitting. Dyers are all hush hush. :)

Seven days left!

In order to bring up donations, I am offering the banhammer for fun. If you donate, you can ban someone for a week or two. Even me... :)

Thread for this is in the marketplace. Donate, ban, enjoy our artists! Neat

Last edited:
6 days to go!

Prize table is growing and it was already pretty good. Get dyeing folks! Remember, I will work with you if you need a little extra time... We are getting a bigger prize table this year, so don't miss out! Sharpie art is also allowed for a separate vote.

2 DAYS TO GO

Happy Sunday! Hope your fingers are all dyed different colors and your wife is mad at all the vinyl scraps on the floor! It's gonna be BOO-tiful!

Yes...

It's a soft target though... If you need an extra bit of time, we'll be OK.

My favorite professor never had hard deadlines and it made the work better. So, we'll do the same in his honor.