• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Onyx

pmorgan1214

Eagle Member
Vibram just released a new disc on the market called the Onyx.

I got to throw a few of them my buddy had. They are light and are understable fairway drivers. I was throwing on a small hyzer flip line with a 3-5 mph tailwaind and they would hold that line for a ways. They are easy distance and glide really well.

per infinite discs website:

Disc Information

The Onyx is an easy to throw fairway driver from Vibram. Much like the beloved Diamond from Latitude 64 this disc offers beginners a high glide rating and a minimal fade rating that will allow for new distances to be reached. New players will find the Onyx to fly with straight with perhaps some slight turn, and need not worry about a hard left fade throwing right handed back hand throws.

https://infinitediscs.com/Vibram-Onyx

I bought a couple of them 156 and 157gms. They are easy to throw from a standstill. With all the rain we've received down in Texas, along with the slippery mud in the DFW area, I'll need them. Really easy distance. I threw them a couple of times hard with a 15mph tailwind and they retained a lot of glide. I'm impressed with them.

Amazing glide... I thought the unLace glided well. Doesn't hold a candle to this disc... 36 mph initial velcocity is a new low for Vibram. Wow.

I just came back from the field trying out my new Onyx (X-Link Firm 152g) and it does have some sweet glide to it. I was easily able to get it past my DX Sidewinder. This is the first Vibram I've tried and I really like the feel of it. I'm hoping it will beat in with a little more turn. Right out of the box it is pretty straight.