• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RDG Carnivore: 12, 5, - 1, 3 (New Mold!)

How do these compare to the newer Gateway drivers (Realm, Spell, GOne, Ether?)
The Carnivore is the same mold as an Ether just branded differently. I believe it has it's own special blend of NXT plastic which could explain the difference in flight numbers.

Not sure about flight but the carnivore is shallow.
Could you be referring RDG was selling as the carnivore earlier in the year or the recently released 12 speed carnivore?
The spring/summer release ones are gateway blurrs which are definitely on the shallower side the new disc which will be the Carnivore, and are stamped as Carnivores are typical high speed driver depth.

Thanks for the clarification.
I missed the new mold being dropped in Sept. and thought we were talking about the old Carnivore.
I'm back on track now.
Sorry for muddying up the thread.

Thanks for the clarification.
I missed the new mold being dropped in Sept. and thought we were talking about the old Carnivore.
I'm back on track now.
Sorry for muddying up the thread.
Easy mistake to make. I like the old one a lot and will have to make a call if I will bag both or not. New one is more of a backhand bomber for me where I used the old one more for longer placement shots.

Easy mistake to make. I like the old one a lot and will have to make a call if I will bag both or not. New one is more of a backhand bomber for me where I used the old one more for longer placement shots.

I am in the same boat. The old one (which I will just refer to as RDG run Blurrs) are great. Kinda filled the pred slot for me, but instead of a little glide they have a little speed to get there making them better in the wind.
My most OS RDG Blurr have no turn while my flippier ones were a legit -1. Never threw a -1 that flew so good in wind though.
The Carnivore is much more a go to distance disc. Handles some wind but doesn't cut through it like the RDG Blurr. The Blurr overlap my tyrants as much as they do my Carnivores which is very little other than their comparable low glide.

Any of the Carnivore colors/weights flexier than others? It's cold.
I only got two combos in pairs. Yellow 170-172 and Pink 163-165. They are quite consistent in feel and PLH between the 4 of them. While I haven't had grip issues (down to 20 degrees my coldest round this year) I also wouldn't mind a little softer. That said they do seem to be breaking in softer, much like older stiffer star. (one in particular has been subjected to some abuse). I don't like blue, especially dark blue, for discs but I would absolutely bag a cobalt carnivore in the snowy season.

I've really enjoyed mine so so but it's not for the slot I thought I'd be using it for. I thought this would be a forehand bomber but it turns a bit more than I'd like, for backhand though it can take everything I can give it and really go.

My 172-175 Pinks are more similar to my 165 D2Pros than the 170+ Destoryer I thought it might be.

Man Jamie is sleeping on us here on DGCR. Popped open facebook the other day to see GLOW Carnivores for sale. Well, I only have two weeks left in glow glow league but you know I ordered one right away. I imagine it will slot right between my Glow Warbird (beefcake) and Glow wave (beefcake for a wave).

Now make me Glow Armor Chameleons and even a Tarpit Glow Iguana and I will be one very happy glow guy next year.

I've really enjoyed mine so so but it's not for the slot I thought I'd be using it for. I thought this would be a forehand bomber but it turns a bit more than I'd like, for backhand though it can take everything I can give it and really go.

My 172-175 Pinks are more similar to my 165 D2Pros than the 170+ Destoryer I thought it might be.
They aren't typical destroyer beef for sure. I I wonder if the dome makes it easier to turn FH than BH when generally I don't have the snap to flip up 12 speeds FH these work great for me.

I actually picked up a couple gem destroyers the other day at a PIAS. 2018 tourney stamped 159g Star and a AJ S/DS. I bagged a 165 carnivore between them this weekend and was happy with how they complimented. The carnivore faded more than the light star but held a nice bombing turn with ease.

Maybe these glows will be the step up you are looking for. Have you Tried the Spell and Realm yet?

yes I'm looking forward to the Glow Carnivore, but I'm not knocking the regular ones, they are awesome just not the a slot I thought they would fill. But they are filling the max D backhand roll better just about anything.

I've tried the spell and it bombs, haven't gotten a realm yet but I am looking to try it!

Looks like my glow carnivore arrives today, I will do a PLH comparison and let you know what to expect. Glow layout tonight looks shorter than I will need a carnivore for, but I will probably toss it a few times before hand too.

So I got to compare and play a round with the new Carnivore. It is very slightly higher PLH, but more noticeable than the PLH they are a touch more blunt. Very slightly more tacky than my unthrown Armor, but quite similar in feel overall.

Since Wednesday is my glow day I didn't get to throw it side by side my regular carnivores and I didn't get a chance to really try it FH due to the layout (short pin safari 2 laps on a 10 hole course) my first impression is mostly based on a couple 370' hyzers. It flew quite predictably and seemed to have just a touch less stand up than my yellow of a comparable weight. Gave me a circle look each lap the second of which was a fairly legit ace run.

Did I mention they glow pretty damn good. I may have to do a glow comparison to some Kasta, MVP, LSD and whatever else I have laying around.

53545792250_a4c1de7aa1_z.jpg

I got a couple of these in glow, and they are really nice. Maybe a touch less stable than the regular Armor but they go far and with that classic late biting fade.

They glow really well also!

Latest posts