• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

broomer's Huked Discs Journal

broomerang

Double Eagle Member
Trying something new as I thought it might be interesting to look back in a few years and see what I was actually throwing weekly and why.

I'm only going to post what I actually threw that week and a short note as to why.

5-16-2020

No putting due to covid.

174g Fossil Fuel Serpent
Ordered a Stego and decided these looked interesting. RDG thread suggestion. Threw it a handful of times BH/FH. Real straight, not much glide. Nothing spectacular yet, will keep it in the bag for awhile and see if it makes any more appearances

175g Tarpit Stego
RDG thread gave me enough laughs to decide it was time to experience it myself. The disc is hilarious. Tried a few trick throws in trouble spots and had unexpected results. Fun to throw but coming out of the bag for awhile.

175g Stiff Pro Pig
Nice and beat. Go to FH approaches. No tee shots this time but parked a few upshots inside 200.

174g Icon Bandit
Decided I haven't tried enough legacy and threw one in on the recent OTB order. Funky rim but throws well. Pretty US, less stable than my Barsby RR. Threw 3 sweeping anhyzers with it with pretty good results. Didn't enjoy throwing it flat too much, coming out of the bag.

175g S-Line FD - The Lizard
My go to, flat s-line, nice and beat in after 4 years in the bag. Line shaping workhorse, still has a gentle fade left and the turn is slowing increasing. I didn't throw it that well this week. Anytime I put new stuff in the bag this happens, typical am inconsistency stuff. Easily my most thrown disc though, almost any hole 275-350 is being attacked with this disc.

167g S-Line CD3
Hyzer flip lazer beams. one throw this week on the longest hole on the course. early release, doh! Still got up and down thanks to the pig.

175g S-Line CD2
My more reliable flip up hyzer thrower. Form was off this week, didn't flip up and ride out all the way. 1 throw, Disappointing par.

Beat 0x KC Roc
Had some good throws, a near ace with a beautiful hyzer flip throw the woods and a decent sweeping anhyzer. Just messing around with Rocs after years of avoiding them. I think I finally know what it feels like to throw a good Roc shot. Going to toss it a couple more rounds and then likely pass it on to a friend.

180g Flat Top Swirly Icon Ghost
OS Roc. Nice plastic. Good amount of glide all things considered. Rico really nailed it, this is the flat OS Roc people search for. More OS than my MD3s, way more glide than an MD4. Great disc.

Latest posts