• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

My noodle arm found the Orc to be faster and significantly more overstable than the OLF. I can control an OLF as my overstable/headwind driver, but I tried a pro orc once and it was a meathook.

I think the OLF is speed 9, Orc is speed 10 and has more LSS according to Inbounds.

How does an Orc compare to an OLF? Somebody asked that earlier in the thread, thought it was a good question.

Like with any disc, they all vary from run to run. In general, I'd say the Orc is a half tick more HSS and half tick more LSS than the OLF. I wouldn't call either a fairway driver because the Orc is so fast and goes so far its hard to range and the OLF gets pushed around/turns a little in the wind so its also hard to range.

My older pearly orcs are flatter and faster with less glide than the flight number newer star and champ orcs. More dome usually means more stability and more glide. 350-400'

I'm bagging a 1.2 run QOLF, that is actually from Millennium's 1.1 run and flies like a longer well seasoned eagle. It's flatter, more opaque, and less stable than my actual 1.2 QOLFs. I like the flatness for my sidearm and thrown full power on a low line backhand on a calm day I'd expect some lateral movement with a slight fade back to neutral where a teebird would hold a straight line to the ground. 330-380'

Yes i leave flash how i get it. I have yet to get into discmania bc the disc names

PD2

PD

TD

DD2

CD

TD2

FD

GM

MD2

P2

The names honestly drive me away not that i cannot infer its just alot to take in when i start looking at names.

Makes more sense when you correlate them to what they are

DD- distance driver
tD- turning driver
mD- midrange
pD- power driver ( I think)
fD- fairway driver
cD- control driver
P- putter

I think it makes it super simple to know what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple I tried out. Sharp flashing at first, once that is gone they are slightly less stable than my flat pearly ones, and the G* pretty much doesn't skip. I will carry one as a water disc once I lose the pro's I have in the bag now.

Found a red preflight orc today with no name. Actually had a little dome to it which was suprising.

I picked up a stiff pfn dx Orc from a local pias the other day. It was mixed in with a new shipment.
Stiff dx Orcs are my favorite roller so I was glad to find it.

I was in PIAS today and they had a whole bunch of the old style Innova X out (the ones with the big X) with the patent # and www tooling. They are all orange and have some pearl in the plastic. Not a lot but some. Mild domes and almost all were about the same. They were $10 bucks apiece. I bought a 169 with the highest PLH I could find and left the store and went out to the field. Oh wow. Perfect.

Long story short, I went right back and bought another 169 a 167 and a 163. I'll probably head back soon and hoard a few more so I have a nice stack. They are everything I hoped they would be.

Dang. I thought I had cherry picked the last PFN orc stock back when I was handpicking orders at east. Maybe they found some more out west? The pro orcs from that run are delicious, perfect compliment to pearly.

I was in PIAS today and they had a whole bunch of the old style Innova X out (the ones with the big X) with the patent # and www tooling. They are all orange and have some pearl in the plastic. Not a lot but some. Mild domes and almost all were about the same. They were $10 bucks apiece. I bought a 169 with the highest PLH I could find and left the store and went out to the field. Oh wow. Perfect.

Long story short, I went right back and bought another 169 a 167 and a 163. I'll probably head back soon and hoard a few more so I have a nice stack. They are everything I hoped they would be.

I better check out my local PIAS, they have been getting a lot of x-outs lately.
Good find.

Recently fell back in love with Orcs after having great luck with a 161g PFN Star. Had to find more for backups so I went to the local PIAS and went through every used bin looking.. then randomly found a nice 167 PFN Star on the new discs rack. It has a good bit of dome but wow is it overstable. Borderline Firebird/DDX overstable. I guess I'll just break it in more.

Then I went and ordered these from Infinite Discs and got them a week ago.. all mid 160s PFNs but damn does the green champ fly good. Rainbows are on the wall for now and the white is gonna get a dye job. Red will go into the bag for sure. Was pretty surprised to find them still in stock online and I should be a set for a while.

]

Orc throwers - yesterday I was in a shop and was telling the proprietor how much of a fan I was of the fortress. He mentioned the flight #s sounded similar to an orc, and I picked up a star orc to compare the rims. I have to say, they appear to be exactly the same rim, to the extent that if they came from the same manufacturer, I would suspect they had reused a part of a mold.

I am thinking about tossing a pro or gstar orc in the bag as a less stable complement to my fortresses. One thing I didn't think to check until I was out of the shop was to compare the depth of the rim. The PDGA has the fortress and orc listed at 1.1cm and 1.2cm respectively, but I know these measurements are not at all reliable.

Can someone who owns a fortress and an orc compare the rim depths and let me know how they measure up? Furthermore, what is the least stable orc aside from DX? Thanks.

Now looking at throwing orcs as a primary FH driver and for backhand in the wind. Can you guys comment on the relative power requirement for a typical star orc vs a star wraith?

Most of my champion Orc forehand shots on flat ground are in the 300-350 ft range, usually thrown with a little anhyzer. Star Orcs might fly just a tad less stable, but not significantly so. To get Wraiths and Destroyers to fly as far as Orcs I have to either throw them with a lot of anhyzer or I really have to torque them over, or some of both. So I think you could say that 300-350 ft is a good power range for Orcs. If you can't get an Orc to fly consistently over 300 feet then you should probably disc down to a lower speed. If you can consistently throw an Orc near or over 350 ft then maybe try a Wraith.

Of course if you don't have a lot of power and you still want to try a Wraith, you can certainly do that. I see lots of people with less than 300 ft of power throwing Wraiths and Destroyers and even faster speed discs, but to make the disc go any decent distance they have to throw with a lot of OAT (off axis torque) or with a lot of anhyzer on almost all of their shots.

Most of my champion Orc forehand shots on flat ground are in the 300-350 ft range, usually thrown with a little anhyzer. Star Orcs might fly just a tad less stable, but not significantly so. To get Wraiths and Destroyers to fly as far as Orcs I have to either throw them with a lot of anhyzer or I really have to torque them over, or some of both. So I think you could say that 300-350 ft is a good power range for Orcs. If you can't get an Orc to fly consistently over 300 feet then you should probably disc down to a lower speed. If you can consistently throw an Orc near or over 350 ft then maybe try a Wraith.

Of course if you don't have a lot of power and you still want to try a Wraith, you can certainly do that. I see lots of people with less than 300 ft of power throwing Wraiths and Destroyers and even faster speed discs, but to make the disc go any decent distance they have to throw with a lot of OAT (off axis torque) or with a lot of anhyzer on almost all of their shots.

Thanks. I'm not throwing the wraiths FH real far, probably around 300 on a flat to fade shot. I like the wraith thanks to the hand feel, the little extra speed, middling glide and strong finish. I used to throw a Z avenger for FH D but it mellowed out a little too much, and I found myself searching for something with a little more speed (but less than a force/destroyer) and a good strong finish.

Since I intend to throw these FH and into the wind BH, what is the order of stability for widely available orcs these days? champ > Star > GStar > pro?