• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Orion LS in Sirius plastic

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
I found one of these on the course today with no ink, but didn't have time to throw it before it got dark.

I found some old posts saying that it's basically a slightly more stable Star Sidewinder. Is that about right?

That's probably about right.

In max weight the Sirius/Star OLS starts off pretty stable and develops decent high speed turn as it seasons but doesnt get too flippy.

I just started bagging standard millennium (pro) OLS again for woods courses, but I should probably get my sirius back in the bag and get it seasoned as well.

I think that is a fair assessment. A Star Sidewinder has a bit more glide than a Sirius OLS but is a little more finicky as well. An OLS in standard Millennium plastic glides for days and is laser straight for me.

Some good info in the https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116787&highlight=orion

It never grew like the OLF thread. A while back it was more common for players to bag 9/10 speeds as distance drivers and just sacrifice the little distance we lost. OLF and OLS made a killer pair for all kinds of distance shots. M OLS (specifically G4s) were also one of the best rollers I have thrown.

I agree with Neil. Glides for days, not as finnicky and capable of a dead straight flight (likely flat for sub 350, hyzer for 350+) much longer than most discs. I would say neutron streamline lift is one of the more comparable discs that's currently popular.

I rocked 150 class OLS's for a while. Pretty sweet discs, they make a good workhorse driver. Millennium has great molds and terrible marketing.

I know the wing on these is supposed to be unique, but does it feel similar to a Sidewinder?

I always felt the Orion LS was a longer FD and the Valkyrie a longer Leopard. Really similar results but slightly different airspace (turn + fade) characteristics.

Typical run to run variation with a few SOLS runs being more stable/torque resistant when new. Nice lifecycle with a lot of useful stability. I had a 1.12 SOLS which was stable enough after multiple years of use to handle FH hyzerflips and also BH turnover/roller duties which disappeared into some leaves/woods (orange). Latest 1.13 run seems to have lost some stability off the shelf so pretty close to a turnover/roller out of the box.

I always felt the Orion LS was a longer FD and the Valkyrie a longer Leopard. Really similar results but slightly different airspace (turn + fade) characteristics.

Typical run to run variation with a few SOLS runs being more stable/torque resistant when new. Nice lifecycle with a lot of useful stability. I had a 1.12 SOLS which was stable enough after multiple years of use to handle FH hyzerflips and also BH turnover/roller duties which disappeared into some leaves/woods (orange). Latest 1.13 run seems to have lost some stability off the shelf so pretty close to a turnover/roller out of the box.

The FD and Leo comparisons are fair. When the SOLS came out we were pretty shocked how "tight" of a line it could fly and cover the distance it did.

I know the wing on these is supposed to be unique, but does it feel similar to a Sidewinder?

I've always thought the OLS was a bit of a sidewinder/valkyrie hybrid, but with a more blunt edge. they can all kinda overlap a bit depending on the plastic.

Latest posts