• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

overstable mid with no skip

FLX Drone. If you have a lot of torque on something it will always skip, but the FLX plastic, combined with the sharp rim makes it skip less than a rhyno

If I had a shot where I needed to throw an overstable mid but it couldn't skip at the end, I would probably just throw an overstable putter on the same line instead.

I haven't even thrown the Obex yet and I'm suggesting it. I have thrown every other vibram disc and they don't skip in grass, they just spin where they land for a sec and that's that. They will skip on pavement and dirt, but not a bit on grass.

Magic disc, no. Magic material, maybe.

My KC Pro Pig doesnt skip much, nor does my Wasp. I'm not sure what plastic the wasp is for its new, but its kind of powdery and leaves finger prints (super sticky).

GL Core. Mine almost never skips.

It is less overstable than some of these others though. More like stable.

My KC Pro Pig doesnt skip much, nor does my Wasp. I'm not sure what plastic the wasp is for its new, but its kind of powdery and leaves finger prints (super sticky).

I didn't know they made a KC Pro Pig.

You know those foam pits that BMXers and skaters use to work on tricks without worrying about crashing? Throw your disc of choice into that and it won't skip.

Seriously though? I don't get a ton of skip from my GL Pain or FLX Drone, but that's me. As has already been stated, it isn't the disc (although my GL Trident skips about a mile to the left after it lands)... It's the thrower.

Vibram's Soft Obex. The soft rubber absorbs any skip that the disc might be trying to do. I use my Soft Sole for putts that I dont want to roll away if I miss- haven't had it roll away yet :)

im using a pro rhyno at the moment but want something a bit faster and stable.

I was going to suggest a pro rhino. :-/

A pro told me the Ti Stalker is so OS, it's "like a Firebird with no skip." Not exactly a mid, but a lot of people use the firebird as a mid, so maybe?

Last edited:

Latest posts