• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overweight discs

I'm missing something here, I went to the P.D.G.A. website and looked up disc specs and it states no disc can be over 200g. It says nothing about weather its a putter, driver or mid. It appears it doesn't matter?

You missed the point above that.

not exceed 8.3 g per cm of outside disc diameter

I'm missing something here, I went to the P.D.G.A. website and looked up disc specs and it states no disc can be over 200g. It says nothing about weather its a putter, driver or mid. It appears it doesn't matter?
Discs have a maximum weight based on their diameter. You take that diameter in centimeters and multiply by 8.3. This is that particular mold's maximum weight in grams. This is often why most drivers and putters have a max weight in the 175 range and many midrange molds (which are larger in diameter) are good up to around 180.

Now if you conceivably had a 25 cm diameter mold, that number and hence weight would be 207.5g. For such discs, the maximum weight would be capped at 200g.