• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

it's not exactly a secret. Paige likes to have a good time, and she's certainly not the only one on tour who does.

It's not a problem at all except that the latest influx of talent has a lot of folks who really take their bodies seriously.

Well how much of a good time is she really having? A couple of beers a few days a week is nothing if you're practicing and training all the time, Paige has always done that going way back to her very earliest days. I hear Ohn Scoggins has beers all the time, but nothing drastic mind you, and she's the number 2 ranked FPO in the world. Is Paige binge drinking multiple days per week? I've certainly never heard that.

Prior to the injury I think it was a combination of two things - the field is getting waaaay more competitive, and I've heard that Paige just isn't practicing and training anywhere near what she did during her 2010 - 2019 run. I'd say that's the most likely scenario here.

As far as now, I think that injury is probably a lot more serious than many of you guys might imagine. Two broken leg bones and a couple of plates and screws in there is no joke, that might very well be a wrap for any competitor in any professional division at the highest level.

I agree with much of what Nick said. Paige has literally dedicated much of her life solely to disc golf and has spent an unusually large amount of time communicating with her fans. In all of this time she was independent and could dedicate all of this time without creating any problems for family. Now she has family to consider. Also as Nick said, Paige's injury is a big deal, physically and mentally. She is making an effort to recover as well as possible, but it's still a major injury and I think it is gonna be difficult for her to play with abandon like she has done in the past. JMO

Just a couple more thoughts. Paige has always been very fit, maybe gaining a few pounds in winter, but come spring she is in excellent condition. One of my favorite videos of Paige is one on Youtube I think it was titled "A casual round in Tennessee", and she was playing a round with Zach Melton. She was a total free spirit at that time, like a playful adventurous 14 year old. I think the very last thing on Paige's mind would be that she might incur a serious injury like she did. A lot of the fun in watching Paige play is that you just never know what kind of a shot she was gonna go for. My buddy and I play often now with a very talented 16 year old kid, and I really enjoy playing with him for that reason, you never know what he is gonna go for, and often times he makes it work.

Last edited: