• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce and Devan Owens,Will Schusterick

westflagator

Bogey Member
Got to meet all three of them at a Pdgc clinic at Ft. Walton Beach. Those guys and girls can really throw with alot of power. Its amazing to see a pro throw for real. Youtube video does no justice to how good they are. I want to thank all of them for the info and for some nice discs.

I've never seen a high rated player either. One of my goals for next year is to go to one of the bigger tourneys and watch how the top pros play.

I'm going to see two of them at least next month. Its going to be fun watching the action.

gold pan open

I got to meet josh anthon and gregg barsby at the gold pan this year. Followed them and talked to them through 18 holes. Anthon is not a punk by any means. Great guys it was fun. anthon putting is automatic. barsby is funny dude. youtube barsby "iron leaf" ken climo impression

I caddied for Will 3weeks ago, and the 2nd and final rounds Nikko was in his group too. We have a few 1000 rated players in our area, but these guys are on a completely different level. It is a treat to watch them. I recommend watching them to everyone. It helped my game alot

I got to see Nikko, Devan, Tyler Horne, and Cameron Colglazier play at the Ledgestone Supertour Series Finale and will agree, it is definitely a treat to see them play. They throw shots on a consistent basis that if I had thrown once it would make my day.

I got to see Nikko, Devan, Tyler Horne, and Cameron Colglazier play at the Ledgestone Supertour Series Finale and will agree, it is definitely a treat to see them play. They throw shots on a consistent basis that if I had thrown once it would make my day.

Heard it was sick.. Too bad I had to work :wall:

yeah actually seeing a touring pro or any top rated player throw really makes you understand how much better they truly are than the other 99.9% of people who throw plastic! The disc just looks different in the air and flies differently than you are used to seeing.
It's so much fun to watch, but also depressing at the same time :) :(

I live in Tulsa and I've met Devan a few times, really nice guy! I haven't had the chance to play with him yet.

@discgolf4lif3: Yes it was sick, Nikko jammed a ~ 75 ft putt to avoid a playoff with Devan and clinch the win outright. It was pretty sweet, he called, out, "Up and in the chains." or something along those lines as the putt was in flight. Definitely an awesome moment to be a spectator.

I've played a round with Steve and Bamba Rico before while they were prepping for a tournament. Not really on the ELITE level like Will, but still extremely impressive to watch.

I've played a round with Steve and Bamba Rico before while they were prepping for a tournament. Not really on the ELITE level like Will, but still extremely impressive to watch.

I'd say Steve Rico is on the ELITE level. Not only is his rating still over 1030, but he's been ELITE since practically before Will was born.

I've never seen a high rated player either. One of my goals for next year is to go to one of the bigger tourneys and watch how the top pros play.

They really aren't even playing the same game as us. It's like the top 100 or so players in the world are from another planet.

I'd say Steve Rico is on the ELITE level. Not only is his rating still over 1030, but he's been ELITE since practically before Will was born.

While Rico could be considered elite in comparison to all Open level players in the USA, I wouldn't consider him elite in comparison to say the top 100 in the USA.

It's really just a matter of what you're comparing him against, I guess.

While Rico could be considered elite in comparison to all Open level players in the USA, I wouldn't consider him elite in comparison to say the top 100 in the USA.

It's really just a matter of what you're comparing him against, I guess.

Rico has been one of the top players of the past two decades. His consistency is ridiculous. I'd put him on the elite list for sure. He's one of the top pros I'd love to play a round with.

Last edited:
Rico has been one of the top players of the past two decades. His consistency is ridiculous. I'd put him on the elite list for sure. He's one of the top pros I'd love to play a round with.

Make no mistake about it, it was great to play with a top pro, but I only consider top 5-10% of a group to be elite. And he's barely on the outside of that group when compared to the top 100 disc golfers in the US.

But he's still in the top 25, which says enough about how good he is. I don't care how you interpret elite, he's a great player regardless of that and it was a pleasure to play with him.

I've also played a few rounds with Connor Jones. That equals about a billion times more talent than most of you fools will ever see.