• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce on ESPN Top Plays!

Cool, Mr Sauls, thanks for validating the game for me.��

Jeffmonty, you can research my posts in relation to validating the game...I don't care at all about mainstream success or ESPN coverage.

What I learned is that some cranky posts were made about a nice story, but if you've been on DGCR long enough, you are entitled to crap on other posters and everyone in the sport and succumb to the angry white male on the internet stereotype. (Not talking to you here Mr Sauls, but to my buddy Heelboy).

What I do care about is giving props to people who work hard with minimal reward in something I enjoy . PP deserves the recognition minus the snark. Just like Mr Sauls deserves recognition for his course, and TDs deserve recognition and etc...

But my opinions on this site are immaterial because it doesn't say Birdie or Eagle member under my name. I've been using this site for over 3 years and just started posting recently. I regret that now. With all the actual trolls on here I've tried to be positive with my posts, but the myhth of disc golfers being a fun or nice group or subculture (at least that's how it was sold to me) is sadly proven on this site to be just that, a myth.

Cue the trolls. I'll get you started: ^ Butthurt!

Have fun being sad, angry, little men

I think you need a nap or something. Foot rub, honey?. Dont worry about it so much just do you.

You misread me completely.

Paige is way better than I am. The fact that she through a putter indicates that this wasn't exactly a sensational shot for her, or the women's pro division. And I felt the same way about Feldberg's skip-ace on a short hole.

Yeah, publicity's good, and even better that they show that we have women pros. Yeah, I'd be happy to ace that hole, any hole, too.

My thought is that I'd hope some of our more dramatic and dazzling shots make ESPN. I'm pleased that any do, but would be more even more pleased if someone manages to capture, and get broadcast, the best shots, the ones that might impress disc golfers and non-disc golfers alike.

I about fainted. 2's are hard on that hole. :| ::Exits this ridiculous thread and questions why he reads this garbage even when under the influence and decides not to get into the discussion about a World champ named Paige and use the T word so my post is deleted ::

The camera can play tricks on you. Feldberg's ace looked much closer than it was.

For the record, I think it's cool DG has been on SportsCenter Top 10 a couple of times. I think this has probably happened due to a DG-playing ESPN staff member that is able to make decisions on what makes the Top 10 (based on a previous thread on here a few months back).

At the end of the day, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of playing the game in any way. Obviously, i'm not in the "we need to get mainstream asap" crowd. I just don't think these ESPN moments are wet-dream worthy, that's all.

Just havin' an interwebz conversation......

Yes, I've recanted that Feldberg statement way back there somewhere.

I had only seen the video, wherein it looks like a 240' shot with a midrange. I re-watched it today, and with the long-lens compression of perspective, it still looks like a 240' shot with a midrange, albeit one with a surprising skip. But I'll take the word of those who know better, that it was 365', in heavy winds no less, and be impressed.

I'd go so far as to say I was wrong, but apparently that's a violation of forum rules, which is why it's never done.

It's good

What makes SportsCenter Top 10 obviously depends on their pool of choices for the day. They'll show a pro ball golfer getting a hole-in-1 on a 186 yard hole - even more likely to show it if it's a "name" golfer. This one was #2 on the SportsCenter I watched Saturday morning so the list even changes between versions of the show. The important thing is that they are dipping into the disc golf pool for what they are considering for the list. (I realize that some of the items are sent in by viewers - especially the high school baseball and basketball clips.) Not to get too excited but this makes me think that we might even see a disc golf tournament on ESPN in 5 years.:clap:

Yes, I've recanted that Feldberg statement way back there somewhere.

I had only seen the video, wherein it looks like a 240' shot with a midrange. I re-watched it today, and with the long-lens compression of perspective, it still looks like a 240' shot with a midrange, albeit one with a surprising skip. But I'll take the word of those who know better, that it was 365', in heavy winds no less, and be impressed.

I'd go so far as to say I was wrong, but apparently that's a violation of forum rules, which is why it's never done.

After playing Maple Hill the other day, from both the Blue tees and the Gold tees, Feldberg's ace became that much more impressive in my eyes. It is a very improbable hole to ace and on video it lacks the impact of standing on the tee and going "wait a minute....he aced this?" in disbelief.

Holy ****, you people will debate anything.

Go throws, bros.

Ha

We r nerds. We can't help it.

This should be like two pages. Anytime an interesting vid is posted, we have to get five pages of cool guys telling us that it's not really that great.

This should be like two pages. Anytime an interesting vid is posted, we have to get five pages of cool guys telling us that it's not really that great.

looks like someone doesn't have their settings set to 40 posts per page :rolleyes: ... it's not even two full pages yet for me

The first time a disc hit a basket with chains, the first time a beveled-edge disc flew, and _____________________?

none of those believe it or not

AJ said that Doss' top 10 ace from the Memorial was the greatest moment in disc golf history, so by some extrapolating and reading between the lines that aren't even written it can be hypothesized that if Doss' ace is #1, then Engel's ace at Glass Blown must be #2, Feldberg's ace at Maple Hill must be #3 ... which leaves PP's at #4 due to two camera angles, and Philo's 21 Hole Salute ace at a measly #5

looks like someone doesn't have their settings set to 40 posts per page :rolleyes: ... it's not even two full pages yet for me

Again, who really cares, lol. Only reason I'm even reading this is that I am waiting for my lunch to cook between playing 18 at my favorite course and hitting the gym this afternoon.

Step away from the keyboard and do something with your life, lol.