• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul McBeth Malta

What non-Z Stalkers are you referring to? I picked up TI Ledgestone one but haven't thrown it yet. I've been throwing the Z but I don't know about it anymore. It doesn't fly like a Teebird at all for me. Maybe a way more cumbersome Leopard 3, but not even that. It's no Teebird though.

Also if you wanted a Discraft Shryke you could just buy an Innova Shryke. They make the best Shrykes 😉

I'm referring to the original Ti, new Swirly Ti, and Paige's ESP sig series.

Tried one and loved how it felt in my hand, despite being beaded (which I don't generally like). Use it for shots I can't reach with the Zone, and forehands here and there. It's also very pretty. Staying in my bag for the time being.

I feel the Malta is more overstable than the Wasp (at least one I have). The Malta comes out when I need to fade left or when I am driving into a headwind. I bag the Buzzz, Malta, and Meteor. If I didn't bag the Malta then the drone would be there instead.

If the newer runs of the Malta aren't overstable enough then the Drone will be back in my bag instead.

I love the feel of this disc and the plastic. It is working well for my in one my my mid spots. I don't buy to collect or because a pro throws anything... I'm so far from that level anyway...haha. If it feels right and does what it is supposed to when I throw it correctly, it generally works for me.

So I've actually gone back to throwing a Malta at least for the winter as its part of McBeth's X Plastic "Premium" starter set that I bought for the Luna and Zeus really. It's quite a bit different than I remember the Malta flying which is good. It's a nicely OS mid, basically a Roc3, maybe a touch more OS. I'm going to have to dig out my lavender TF and see if they pair nicely enough with my Comets that I don't really need a Buzzz (but will still carry one, just cause ya know) in my attempt to go back to a wholly Discraft bag again.

I've got a pair of the X Maltas now so maybe I can start a cycle of them and pair it with a Big Z or ESP and have Comets to cover the S to US side of my mids. I'm going to have to play some one disc rounds with them once it warms up and see if they break in like I hope.

Latest posts