• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul McBeth Malta

ILUVSMGS18

Just Another Disc Hoarder
So the Malta is like a Zone/Wasp baby. Feels like a Wasp with the Zone's small diameter and OS. I seem to get more distance out of my Malta than I do my Wasp, but that could be just me. The Malta is 1.9 stability whereas the Wasp is 1.5 and the Zone is 2. The Malta definitely seems to have some positive HST, but not a whole +1.

Max Weight: 176.8gr
Diameter: 21.3cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.6cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.1%
Rim Configuration: 45.00
Flexibility: 10.34kg

I'll post a profile pic comparing the Wasp/Malta later.

From what I saw of McBeth throwing it last weekend, it doesn't look like it has the fade to be a drone replacement. Probably somewhere between a wasp and drone

Just watched Rec Robs and others reviews and the Malta does not look to be that much faster/longer than the Zone

:confused::confused::confused:

McBeth never threw a rat?? And I think a zone would be a better disc for that slot...

I think he did, towards the end of his time with Innova. The Rat was apparently meant to be a longer AviarX3. They (Innova) never got their overstable mid and approach discs right for him.

And yes, he seems to have found a huge comfort level with the Zone.

Does the Malta have a bead?

To me, the Zone feels very clean to grip FH with no bead and very simple geometry in general.

In case anyone cares, this disc has a 5 letter name and Paul now has 5 worlds titles. All his previous disc names have been 4 letters.

Seems to be correlated.

That's some next-level shizz right there!

If that is the case we going to see some fun names when he gets to X10 ;)

New from Discraft: The MiniQuiche

Last edited:
Really not a fan of the names.

Kong/Zeus, Anax (with a pronunciation guide included!), now a sovereign state in the Mediterranean.

Ps. What was the Kong about? I know Paul himself several times said it was never OFFICIALLY called that, but it was around for a good while. I know I would call it that, if I had one.

Really not a fan of the names.

Kong/Zeus, Anax (with a pronunciation guide included!), now a sovereign state in the Mediterranean.

Ps. What was the Kong about? I know Paul himself several times said it was never OFFICIALLY called that, but it was around for a good while. I know I would call it that, if I had one.

Kong was the name of the old mould Paul "found" at Discraft that after a few tweaks (?) became the Kong proto

Zone vs Malta

So I'm guessing the zone and Malta can co exist in the same bag....I thought the Raptor was the longer zone. But I guess this will be the tweener Disc between the two.

So I'm guessing the zone and Malta can co exist in the same bag....I thought the Raptor was the longer zone. But I guess this will be the tweener Disc between the two.

Yeah, at least I'm gonna see about that. To me the Malta is essentially a conventional feeling Gator.