• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Executive Director Resigns

Last point - If I were going to hire someone to run the PDGA it'd be Jeremy Rusco. Don't think he'd take it. What he has done with DD is, by my measure, yuge! He understands product development, image, and marketing. I'm fairly impressed. If I were a betting man, and I'm not, he will be after the big three in five years or less.

The problem I see is, grow the youth level seems great, but how is the $65,000 question.
You just need to continue to get the word out about the sport. Here in the Northeast, prolly only 1 in 20 adult males know about the sport, if that many. The more adults you get playing, the more kids will play. There is no more perfect way to spend a Sunday morning than on the course with my 5 year old. He is developing quite the forehand. Bottom line, when you get parents to play, they will bring their kids. The other option is to try to get partnerships with the local YMCAs. Could be a great afternoon program after school.

You just need to continue to get the word out about the sport. Here in the Northeast, prolly only 1 in 20 adult males know about the sport, if that many. The more adults you get playing, the more kids will play. There is no more perfect way to spend a Sunday morning than on the course with my 5 year old. He is developing quite the forehand. Bottom line, when you get parents to play, they will bring their kids. The other option is to try to get partnerships with the local YMCAs. Could be a great afternoon program after school.

I like the YMCA thing. One thing I wrote earlier is that I've met a lot of kids who've played at summer camp.