• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PDX

it reminded me of an enforcer. for a speed eleven it is sleek and fast more like a speed twelve.

What kind of shots do you guys use PDx for? I'd like to try this disc out but I'm not sure if I have any use for the disc.

It feels like it's too fast for a control driver and but doesn't not offer enough distance potential for max D.

If you're bagging a Destroyer & PD2 then it sounds like you probably don't need the PDX because you've got the fast/overstable area covered. For a lot of people (like me) the speed 11 class is as fast as a disc needs to be. I never got any distance benefit from trying to move to Destroyers & Terns from my Wraiths.

so what does everyone use the pdx for? I bag PDs anyway(a 7th run and a beat pat# sline), so I use the pdx as my 1st run replacement. A little more beefy than a typical c-line pd. I don't like it for max d. I dont think it gets the turn to be a max d flier. Anyone else use it this way?

Looks like the PDX is being released this weekend. I'll wait for more reviews before checking one out. I was just able to buy a couple Crush's online to get me through the next year or two so I should be good for this slot.

so what does everyone use the pdx for? I bag PDs anyway(a 7th run and a beat pat# sline), so I use the pdx as my 1st run replacement. A little more beefy than a typical c-line pd. I don't like it for max d. I dont think it gets the turn to be a max d flier. Anyone else use it this way?

I bag destroyers and pd2s along with PDXs. Totally different discs. Love my PDx.

Can someone say what innova parts the PDX is? Like the top and bottom. Thanks

Threw a PDX today a few times. Champion plastic, 175g.

Disc is beefy and seems to be true to the flight numbers. I threw the PDX hard several times and it held firm with no hint of high speed turn. It doesn't glide exceptionally well and I thought it flew sluggishly/slowly for a speed 11 disc. The PDX didn't fly flat for long before wanting to fade. It has a significant late fade.

Good disc for medium length precision driving. The PDX went where I aimed it and wasn't hard to learn. It seems unaffected by light wind.

I guess I'd compare it to a faster Starfire or a slower XCal. Its a speed 11 driver with marginal glide and a lot of beef. Big arm players probably love the PDX. It can be thrown exceptionally hard and not flip over. This disc won't win any distance competitions.

PDX: 11, 4, 0, 3. These are the exact numbers printed on the disc and I agree with them. Not a disc for wimpy arms.

Probably make a decent forehand disc for me. The DD is one that fills that "longer than a Firebird but more controllable than a Destroyer" role for me. Wonder how it compares to the PDX...

C-Lines are definitely like a mini-PD2, especially when new.

I have an S-PDX that's been in my bag for a while now that I got from one of the fundraiser tournaments. It's well beaten in and still has incredible high speed stability, but the fade has definitely mellowed out. At this point in its lifespan it's like a perfectly new, albeit faster, old school PD. I throw it alongside my CD3's when I need something faster/longer than an FD that will not turnover in any sort of wind.

I wish DM would drop some production S-Lines, but I'm sure they're much too busy trying to decide which disc gets the next glamour stamp they'll overcharge for. :|

Latest posts