• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Pearl mid-range

Lancerswimmer89

Birdie Member
Has anyone thrown one of these? I'm looking for something pretty understable that when thrown flat, is going to finish right. I am still developing release angles, and at this point in my game, I just try to throw everything flat, and rely on the disc doing what its supposed to in order to achieve my desired result.

The pearl is understable, but its also very light which will toss it around in the wind. It is meant for younger players and those with very low arm speed. It is a fun disc to throw but I wouldn't trust it in a round.

I would look at the DD Warrant if you want something to finish right when thrown flat.

The pearl is understable, but its also very light which will toss it around in the wind. It is meant for younger players and those with very low arm speed. It is a fun disc to throw but I wouldn't trust it in a round.

I would look at the DD Warrant if you want something to finish right when thrown flat.

hmmm, good to know. I'll check out the warrant and see if that would more fit my purposes

The pearl is a specialty disc and is very unique. If you have a have a short shot (say 150 ft) that needs to finish significantly to the right this is your disc. Most "normal" discs will fade out at such short distances. I carry one and don't even throw it most rounds but if it's a short shot, calls for backhand, and needs to finish right it serves a very unique utility purpose.

The pearl is a specialty disc and is very unique. If you have a have a short shot (say 150 ft) that needs to finish significantly to the right this is your disc. Most "normal" discs will fade out at such short distances. I carry one and don't even throw it most rounds but if it's a short shot, calls for backhand, and needs to finish right it serves a very unique utility purpose.

This is almost exactly what I have in mind for this disc, although I may opt in favor of something that will have a little more staying power in my bag.

I tried out a Pearl for a few outings and didn't like it. A lightweight 350 RX M4 is fairly similar. The added grip and low speed glide make the RX M4 more desirable to me.

The Pearly is OK for kids or a wife who's new to disc golf. They're too light for me to use (and I don't have a monster arm either).

If you're looking for a very workable understable midrange, the Discraft Meteor, Lattitude Fuse, or Dynamic Warrant are all good options.

If you want something understable for very short shots, get a putter. The Dynamic Deputy is fantastic for this. (It was part of this years Trilogy Challenge pack and should be available through other channels soon.)

I got a 150g Pearl and a 135g diamond for my 12 year old daughter and she hucks them pretty well.
The Pearl I've tried to take out and see if I can get a decent flight out of it, and it is a lot like a beat up DX leopard. Try and throw it 50' it will glide 150' with an easy right turn. Try and throw it 200' and it will flip over hit the ground right.

Maybe try a Fuse. Similar but can take a bit more arm, but will also power down nicely.

I got a 150g Pearl and a 135g diamond for my 12 year old daughter and she hucks them pretty well.
The Pearl I've tried to take out and see if I can get a decent flight out of it, and it is a lot like a beat up DX leopard. Try and throw it 50' it will glide 150' with an easy right turn. Try and throw it 200' and it will flip over hit the ground right.

Maybe try a Fuse. Similar but can take a bit more arm, but will also power down nicely.

If it flies like a beat-in leopard, then that will be exactly what I'm looking for. Wouldn't see much use, but there are a few holes I have in mind that it would work perfectly for.