• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pease Park to remove disc golf course

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Well, after years of back and forth arguments between the disc golf community and the environmentalist camp, the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department has finally made the decision to close down the Pease Park DGC and remove all the baskets. The ruling sited "excessive erosion due to heavy foot traffic along the banks of Shoal Creek" as the leading cause for the removal of the baskets. There was also mention that the compacted soil due to the heavy foot traffic along the drainage areas could lead to flash floods after a heavy downpour. The wording of the ruling seemed to indicate that removing the course is going to be permanent because the only time table that was mentioned was the removal of the baskets by the end of April.

You have to be kidding me! So I only have until the end of this month to play Pease?

That does suck.. another extinct course :(

Pease park has such an amazing vibe. It turly is one of the best experiences I've had in Austin. I hope this isn't true. If it is I may have to hop on a plane and play it one last time.

Before anyone makes any rash travel plans to make it to Austin before the course closes, let me just say one thing: April Fools!

...yeah, I know, I'm a bastard.

Never believe anything you read on a message board... especially on 4/1... :rolleyes:

Before anyone makes any rash travel plans to make it to Austin before the course closes, let me just say one thing: April Fools!

...yeah, I know, I'm a bastard.

Good one dood. I'm likely to make that trip anyway. Besides wasn't this discussed a few weeks ago?

Good one dood. I'm likely to make that trip anyway. Besides wasn't this discussed a few weeks ago?
It's actually been an ongoing issue with the park that gets thrown around in the news about once a year, which is what made it believable. Hopefully, we will never see this day come to pass.

Nice one. I have been reading a lot of articles lately though about the tree huggers complaining about soil compaction and such due to disc golf being too dam popular.

I think there might be a riot in Austin if Pease Park is ever removed.

Latest posts