• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pig? Rhyno? Sinus? Zone?

Get a Pro-D Zone. Might replace your Wizard for moderate os drives. Definitely does for me, 'cause I don't drive beaded discs (often).

Any zone is money. Actually I like the Pro-d more than the ESP. Because I can putt with it as well and know that it will still grab the chains. Use the Cryztal for driving and upshots. Pro-d works just as well though.

The Jokeri is intriguing. If the Zone is a 2.0 stability I'm hoping the Jokeri is like a 1.6 stability. Just a bit less overstable but the same speed and HSS. I would buy that and use it for 220' shots off the tee that require less lateral movement, like a tight wooded line. I'm waiting for one of my friends to buy it first though :eek:.

You are looking for the Zone or Pig - both have a hard fade, low glide, fight wind extremely well, skip just a little bit (the Zone more than the Pig, IMO). The Pig is available in R-Pro and Pro, both are nice; Zone is available in premium and baseline plastic which is a nice thing depending on how you prefer it to break in. I feel like the Pig is a little longer than the Zone, but not quite as overstable - aside from that, they are very similar. I prefer the Zone in Glo Z - very OS and it's not breaking in any time soon.

Hard fade.. I have my wizards for milds fade.
Hardly any glide as it'll mainly be used for windy days.
Little bit of skip, I like my upshots to sit about right where I throw em
Don't really have a preference there.
I tee with SS Wizards and Opto Pures.. that should say somethin bout likin either firm or soft Haha
Base or premium, either or.

You should test your new ESP Zone vs. the DD Suspect and report back to us...;)

Yes I was, but I've been carrying Zones for three years so I obviously think they're a great disc. You won't regret your purchase. The skip is predictable and manageable.

I've been carrying a Sinus for times when I need a similar flight but need to absolutely stick the landing on an approach. I've actually been throwing my Sinus a lot more than my Zones as a result lately since my Pures have been covering most of my driving duties.

one word....ZONE.

Drones glide a little too much for 100-200 footers, Rhynos can be (will be) way too unreliable for a disc that MUST end left (RHBH). I could care less about a sinus infection, but the Zone is money. Try it once, beat up or brand new, and you will know exactly why.

Z = crazy stable
Cryztal Z = ridiculously stable
ESP = ludicrous overstable from hell

I choose Cryztal Z myself.

I was just loaned an older pig to test drive for a while.
Haven't made many tosses with it yet.

I have been dragging my feet a little, because I know some of my up coming players packs will have Discraft to choose from.
So a zone may be in my future.

Love the Zone. I bought it when I was a beginner and hated the thing. As I improved, I realized my Pro Zone was the best forehand upshot disc in my bag. It has completely upgraded my short midrange game. And I still use an ESP Zone for incredibly predictable anhyzer forehands and many putting opportunities. Take it all with a grain of salt though. I am a primarily RHFH player with only about a year of experience under my belt. But from a simplicity and predictability standpoint, it is hard to beat the Zone.

Latest posts