• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pine Nuts - Gardnerville, NV

Another high desert course a la Lizard Peak and Indian Hills, with juniper bushes as the primary obstacle. Not my favorite style of golf. When I saw what it was, I bailed and played Turtle Rock. 18 holes and will soon have gravel tees. Hopefully signage and a map to follow.

All I'm going to say is, if you don't want people playing your "public" course, don't drop 18 baskets in the ground. And if you don't want people posting your "public" course on this site, don't drop 18 baskets in the ground.

All Im going to say is "don't" judge a book by its cover and then give a public critique without playing the course. "A la" Lizard Peak and Indian Hills it is "not".
All Im going to say is Junipers are "pine TREES", between 8-20ft tall, as much as 15ft wide and 300+yrs old on the course, they are NOT "bushes." Mix in moderate elevation with slopes and drop offs and it's a very unique, fun, and challenging course with views of the mountains that will rival any course.
All Im going to say is know the "facts" about a course before posting it on this website. The name of the course is now permanently inaccurate, "The Pine Nuts DGC" would have been preferred by the parks n rec dept. The tees are NOT going to be "gravel", they are a beautiful red cinder mixed with a polymer which makes them similar to asphalt/concrete, 8 of them are complete. All Im going to say is this is "why" someone involved with the course should post it.
All Im going to say is "dropping 18 baskets in the ground" while working on tee pads is that the positives outweighed the negatives by a long shot. The feedback from players and the visual of the baskets helped improve several holes,which is every designers goal, to make the best course possible. NEVER said "you cant play", in fact it was encouraged!! We just wanted to recommend to "out of towners" it would be better to wait until its finished. There have been over 1000 rounds played before this thread was even posted. By the end of this Saturday 12 of the pads will be complete and tee signs will be installed very soon.

Had a weeks worth of rain which caused some delay but after tonight 16 pads will be complete and the last 2 will be complete by the middle of next week! Tee signs are still a work in progress with signs 1-5 installed, hoping to have 6-9 installed within a week, thats how it goes when people volunteer their time. So the course will be in good enough shape to play by next weekend, June 9th, for anyone traveling to the area. Play early to avoid the heat and wind!

Latest posts