• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Piney Woods Open: November 10-11, 2012 @ Lindsey Park in Tyler, TX

I think the red course is definitely harder than the blue course now. I tend to shoot at least 5 strokes better on the blue course

I do understand what everyone here is talking about, but I guess it is just a block in my head. For some reason, the first time I came back home to Tyler and played the new Red layout I shot a +4. I have played Blue longs 100 times and I am lucky to break 70. Blue is just my nimisis I guess

I am a firm believer in the blue course. I like the new red holes but blue long is still harder than red long especially if you don't have a big drive. Blue long has slit of holes where a 450ft+ drive has a huge advantage which I think makes it harder and a lot less open hyzer shots. Glad I'm not playing red in the tournament.

The city cut down the BIG dead tree on blue 4 and the big dead tree on blue 16!

Well that changes stuff a little but for blue 4 you still gotta throw a drudgery to get the bird. Hbomb will be in full effect. Lol

It can be done. 360-runup to sidearm-hyzerflip to sky-anny to cut-roller (Killer Instinct ultra combo), with a blizzard zephyr. Piece of cake.

Pablo-diablo I agree zephyr or condor but you must nail the combo. Lol! Nate I will show you the teebird line on hole 4 blue if you want....