• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

playing while tired

SearchingForDistance

Birdie Member
went out yesterday to play a round with my family and when I came home my father wanted me to go a round with him alone so I agreed and we went out to play.

After some holes I got really tired coz I didn´t really wanna play but I like it so much so I just came along.When I got tired I threw excellent performed drives and It felt like I threw in slowmotion.No OAT no penaltys only some bad putts coz I wasnt´t concentrating.I even made a better score then before that day when I had lots of energy left.

I believe that your throws improved because you were relaxed and this reduced body tension. This allowed better rotation and smoother aceleration on the pull. I know that when I get tight things go bad. It happens mostly during competition. Staying relaxed is key.

I believe that your throws improved because you were relaxed and this reduced body tension. This allowed better rotation and smoother aceleration on the pull. I know that when I get tight things go bad. It happens mostly during competition. Staying relaxed is key.

so you're saying I should use nicotine during tournament rounds...

\/\/

Usually there's a point after playing a few rounds that I start shanking a few drives, but I do tend to loosen up after a round or so. My putting does tend to suffer after a while too, but I couldn't give you a set time when this happens.

I went out the other day on about 4 hours of sleep and the first 5 holes were amazing i added like 30ft to my drive and was playing way better then usual until i awoke from my zombie stage then i went back to normal playing. I think there is alot to say for being more relaxed while playing there are days when i go out and dont care about my round at all and end up playing pretty good. But when i want to do good it turns out bad and i play bad too

Playing tired is not a good idea. At least try get some food in you between rounds. The best thing you can do is make sure you at least some water to keep you going through a full 18.

I pulled an all-nighter once because I was on an awkward sleep schedule and played really well the following morning. When I am tired I just don't let things bother me, you don't scrutinize everything you're doing, you just do it.

Sometimes when you're tired you're not trying to throw as hard...this often leads to better distance and direction off the tee...

And sometimes, not so much.

3 days a week I work night audit (11 pm - 7 am) and get games in around 10:30 in the morning....still up.

Unfortunately my game suffers SEVERELY!!!

....lucky you.

My putts and drives get sprayed all over the damn place.:wall:

I played a round not long ago when I felt strangely weak. I don't know if I was tired or hadn't eaten lunch yet or what, but I was surprised at how well I was playing. I figure it was because I was taking my time and trying to play "clean," and I didn't have the energy to get all worked up emotionally.

I played 18 yesterday after cutting a hedge and numerous bushes, mowing and raking the grass (tons of rain so the grass was amost a foot and a half high) and other assorted yard chores. Felt absolutely spent, but once I got out on the course everything fell in place and I shot a very decent even.

I've played some very good hung over, second day tourney disc....primarily because the only energy I had left over was needed 100% to focus on the chore at hand!!!