• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Portable Basket Suggestions

ZDotHalbach

Eagle Member
Ok so I am the announcer for sports at my high school and I get payed more than what is necessary. So with the winter sports season coming to a close (and my paycheck coming my way) I want to upgrade my portable basket. Right now I have the M-14 which is good but seeing all the better baskets out there it's just time for something new.
Things to consider...
Weight- I will most likely have this basket in my basement due to the varying Wisconsin weather. I will move it around very little when it is outside.
Price- anything under $400 after shipping
Construction- I would like this new basket to have at least 18 chains
I can't decide which basket is best in terms of catching, price, and portability that meets my desires with all the different manufacturers out there.
Thank you for all the help!

I looked there but realized that some of the newer manufacturers and models were not present. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

what is your goal? To get better at putting, or build a virtual one basket course.....

I really like my disccatcher sport. I actually have all the chains tied down tied to make it like a bullseye for my winter practice. But then if i want to use it as a temp hole at my dad's house, or at the course for an extra hole for tourney, I can untie my string, and bam its a solid catching target. I like that it looks like the basket at most of my courses, so my practice feels more accurate.

It catches nicely. Great putts do not fall out, bounce out, slide through. Questionable ones still can, and luck doesn't always prevail. I've read people putting extra chains on it, but i'd say if you want a GREAT catching basket look like rocthecourse, at the "portable" version of disccatcher pro, or any of the other top line baskets. Most are right at $400. Head to disc golf center, or discnation, or anywhere else and just browse them.

what is your goal? To get better at putting, or build a virtual one basket course.....

I really like my disccatcher sport. I actually have all the chains tied down tied to make it like a bullseye for my winter practice. But then if i want to use it as a temp hole at my dad's house, or at the course for an extra hole for tourney, I can untie my string, and bam its a solid catching target. I like that it looks like the basket at most of my courses, so my practice feels more accurate.

It catches nicely. Great putts do not fall out, bounce out, slide through. Questionable ones still can, and luck doesn't always prevail. I've read people putting extra chains on it, but i'd say if you want a GREAT catching basket look like rocthecourse, at the "portable" version of disccatcher pro, or any of the other top line baskets. Most are right at $400. Head to disc golf center, or discnation, or anywhere else and just browse them.

I want to be better at putting. I could also build a course here because we live on 15 acres slightly wooded so that is an option.

I bought the DISCatcher Sport and love it for my putting practice. I rarely have one pop out and its really sturdy, for basement putting practice I think it would be a worthy upgrade.

The Disccatcher sport is great basket. Assembles very quickly and it catches everything even with the single chains. My initials plans were to add some inner chains but after using it I realized the extra chains were not needed. Cant go wrong with that basket.

Get a Bullseye from Gateway. I have had DGA Mach Lites, Skillshots and the Innova Discatcher Sport. . .I like the Bullseye the most (if you are looking to spend less than 250)

not for everyone though. it may be a tough basket for a beginner (if you are) but I happen to think putting is too easy (compared to golf) and would like to see these on all courses. . .someday

I have an Innova DISCatcher Sport, solid basket at a good price and it catches well even with only 18 chains.
$175 to your door-
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=179

Or if you want to spend more buy a portable version of the basket they have at your home course, I plan to do that at some point down the road. That way you get used to the basket you use the most.

Sports are easy to break down and its only 40 lbs. When I am with my friends its easy to split the load. It sturdy like a real basket and it turns friends long back yards into a mini dg course. Even with aggressive putts or approaches I have let to tip over the basket.

If you have a 4 door sedan then the whole catcher should fit nicely in your trunk or back seat. Of course you need to separate the pieces unless you have a truck.

I just purchased the Gateway Titan Pro 24 Portable. I love it so far. It's right at $300 but I wanted something durable that caught well and would last for the long haul. The best thing I like is how easily it breaks down. Literally takes 30 seconds and besides the chains everything is real light. Two posts, the base, the basket, and the chains can be stored without taking too much space in a car or closet. For a hundred bucks more the Titans are leaps and bounds better than a DiscCatcher Sport in my opinion. A lot more sturdy and will catch better for a good time longer. I don't bang 30ft's with regularity so the bullseye seemed like an option way down the line.

Latest posts