• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf video

Amazing how the guys disc on hole 7 turns from yellow in his hand to blue/grey in the air

So they used a different shot for views from the tee and basket? He still hit metal from the tee with blue/gray.

Its a great video. Im not bagging on it, just pointing it out

He didnt hit metal in that shot

Oops, I guess I didn't pay close enough attention when I took another look. Quick glance and the angle made it look like it hit basket - clearly not.

Amazing how the guys disc on hole 7 turns from yellow in his hand to blue/grey in the air

Yeah we messed up that one hole. With so much footage to go through while editing we couldn't find the tee shot of the blue disc or it was deleted by accident. We shoot each shot multiple times trying to make the video as exciting as possible with long putts, aces and birdies. you would be surprised at how fast some of the aces and long putts happened though. Here's some more for you to enjoy.

This is one of the best courses in Rochester. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVK78Xj_zU

This is a fun wooded course featuring one ace in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBOVKy9Xz1I

this is a temporary course used in the 99 pro worlds and 2011 am worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_dT6StjttQ

Nice Vid. How much of a pain is it to lug a camera slider around the course? I've been thinking about building one and doing the same.

It's a big pain but we like filming videos so we make it work. It depends on how big of a slider you are using. We use a smaller 40in one but you can get them as small as 24in or less maybe. We bring 3 tripods, two cameras, one slider, water/food, and a few disc golf bags on the course. The only way it works for us is having friends be in the videos and help carry things.

It's a big pain but we like filming videos so we make it work. It depends on how big of a slider you are using. We use a smaller 40in one but you can get them as small as 24in or less maybe. We bring 3 tripods, two cameras, one slider, water/food, and a few disc golf bags on the course. The only way it works for us is having friends be in the videos and help carry things.
That is some great production. Now if it were only feasible for real events.

That is some great production. Now if it were only feasible for real events.

Oh it's feasible. The only reason we haven't made a quality video for a big tournament yet is because we all like to play in the events. Hopefully one tournament this year we will make a video for that is comparable to our course videos. We will have two promotional tournament videos that will hopefully be some of our best work. The RFDO (longest running disc golf tournament to date) and a b-tier at two brand new professional level courses being installed here. Promotional videos can be filmed just like a course video, but actual tournament rounds will be harder because you have to film each shot perfectly the first time with no second chance if you mess up. If only we had the time and resources we would love to just film tournaments.

Oh it's feasible. The only reason we haven't made a quality video for a big tournament yet is because we all like to play in the events. Hopefully one tournament this year we will make a video for that is comparable to our course videos. We will have two promotional tournament videos that will hopefully be some of our best work. The RFDO (longest running disc golf tournament to date) and a b-tier at two brand new professional level courses being installed here. Promotional videos can be filmed just like a course video, but actual tournament rounds will be harder because you have to film each shot perfectly the first time with no second chance if you mess up. If only we had the time and resources we would love to just film tournaments.
I was thinking of the slider being a distraction during shots and getting in the way/people in the way.

I was thinking of the slider being a distraction during shots and getting in the way/people in the way.

Yeah your right that could be a pain. I wouldn't use the slider for anything but maybe a few putts/tee off's and intro footage. Could pull off a decent video if the crowd knew to avoid standing in front of the cameras. At the 2011 Am worlds I noticed the Clash dvd camera man was able to stand in front of people and only a few times did an audience member get in the way but they were told to step aside quickly. It would be tough but a fun challenge.