• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

griff3.jpg

griff2.jpg

Good lookn dog mike!

I'm guessn....rotty+lab off the muzzle....but rotty+sheperd off the ear...?

She is 3/4 German Shepard and 1/4 of something. She has been on the course since she was 4 months old. This was her as a pup:

5500_126706007492_5414859_n.jpg

And this is what she is usually doing on the course:
554246_10150893918937493_607711075_n.jpg

Last edited:
vjqGXl.jpg
WzdfUl.jpg

This is Nimbus. He's here to eff stuff up. He's 3.5 months old and learning very quickly. His teeth have never touched a disc, but I've had them laying on the floor since he was a puppy. He knows the discs are mine. And he's learned a lot in the 3 FULL rounds we've played together (that's a lot for a puppy). At the tee pad he sits down (gets a treat) and doesn't move until I've thrown the disc and am ready to walk to it. Then, once we come within 5-10 feet of the disc he immediately sits down (gets a treat). And the same when I'm sinking putts. He sits and waits. I've taken him off his leash for half a round and he did just fine, but I put him on it again for the second half to remind him that he's to stay with me without exception. He's super friendly and when there are a lot of other people around needs to be reminded constantly to sit and stay. He just sits and stares at them and sometimes whimpers a little because he wants to go meet people.

Somewhere out there's a dog named Forrest (sp?) who's seen more courses than 99.9% of the people on this website. He's probably on a course right now.

Stoney Hill has a course dog. Roscoe's a (mostly) pit bull, and one of his greatest joys in life is accompanying disc golfers around the course. Any disc golfers, whether he's met them before or not. Someone even told me he helped them with navigation, since after so many rounds he invariably walks in the direction of the next tee.

Somewhere out there's a dog named Forrest (sp?) who's seen more courses than 99.9% of the people on this website. He's probably on a course right now.

Stoney Hill has a course dog. Roscoe's a (mostly) pit bull, and one of his greatest joys in life is accompanying disc golfers around the course. Any disc golfers, whether he's met them before or not. Someone even told me he helped them with navigation, since after so many rounds he invariably walks in the direction of the next tee.

My dog came with us out to Stoney a couple weeks ago. He got loose and ran to play with your horses, but they didn't like that and kicked him. Lesson learned! lol He liked Roscoe a lot, too.

vjqGXl.jpg

This is Nimbus. He's here to eff stuff up. He's 3.5 months old and learning very quickly. His teeth have never touched a disc, but I've had them laying on the floor since he was a puppy. He knows the discs are mine. And he's learned a lot in the 3 FULL rounds we've played together (that's a lot for a puppy). At the tee pad he sits down (gets a treat) and doesn't move until I've thrown the disc and am ready to walk to it. Then, once we come within 5-10 feet of the disc he immediately sits down (gets a treat). And the same when I'm sinking putts. He sits and waits. I've taken him off his leash for half a round and he did just fine, but I put him on it again for the second half to remind him that he's to stay with me without exception. He's super friendly and when there are a lot of other people around needs to be reminded constantly to sit and stay. He just sits and stares at them and sometimes whimpers a little because he wants to go meet people.

Sounds like you are training him well!

vjqGXl.jpg
WzdfUl.jpg

Cute pup, and sound like well on his way to a great disc dog. Teaching my lab to leave anything thrown alone, is a challenge, but possible. The sensible side wants to encourage you to always have your dog on a leash though. I love all animals, but not everyone does and we all have seen owners who seem to have a different set of boundries in regards to their animals behaviors. Keep working with that pooch, it will slow down soon (yea, right, like 10 years from now)

i think most bassets try to bite when u clip their nails. at least thats what the groomer told me at petsmart. my tri colored one (Lola) won't let us clip her nails. we just rescued a bi colored one (Betty) from Basset Buddies right before xmas. yeah they r real head strong and stubbern as a donkey.
Lola isn't as bad now cause she has been trained. we had her sence she was a pup. they are both about 4 yrs old.View attachment 3623

View attachment 3624

View attachment 3625

Is that a beagle on the left? :O

Thanks guys! I've read through all the various dog threads on here and I recognize there are many people that don't want dogs on the course at all, but on- vs. off-leash seems to be the biggest issue. My point of view is that if the park allows dogs, expect dogs. If the park says they have to be on a leash, expect them to be on a leash. If they're not on a leash, you have the right to request the owner use the leash. I doubt I'd ever feel comfortable with leaving him off leash if there are other golfers around, but it will depend on his ability to learn and follow commands. When I've trained him off-leash on the course it was empty so I wasn't worried.

Here's my disc dog Motley. She's a 1 year old Catahoula/Border Collie mix. She loves fetching discs from hard to reach places and enjoys jumping in the creek/pond to cool off in the summer. I love this dog to pieces! I need to get her some saddlebags so she can caddie for me!

4wOtN

9pKxF

eWjTX

Here's my disc dog Motley. She's a 1 year old Catahoula/Border Collie mix. She loves fetching discs from hard to reach places and enjoys jumping in the creek/pond to cool off in the summer. I love this dog to pieces! I need to get her some saddlebags so she can caddie for me!

My last dog was a Catahoula mix. He was a ton of work (at least two hours of fetch a day - one hour with the aid of a pond), but he was the best dog. He's the reason I can throw half as consistently as I do (with all the "field work" I put in wearing him out, I have been playing at least 17 years ;) ).

When I have some land to let another one run on his own, I will own more Curs.

Sampson! Not good on the course. Has an infatuation with squirrels that just can't be ignored.

IMG_20121214_182042.jpg

Looks like he is filling out! Great stuff. I'm so glad u guys got paired up!
He's definitely filling out, but he's still hovering around 60 lbs (last vet visit a month ago). I asked the doc about some of the bare patches on his body (back of his neck, cheeks, on his back by his tail, and paws) that haven't fully grown back, and he said he is probably scarred so bad from the mange that he may never grow fur back in those spots. He looks worlds better though, and I wouldn't have him any other way.

You're to thank for why these pics are here in the first place (along with a few other good samaritans - speaking of, haven't seen Timmay on in a LONG time). Without you caring enough to act, who knows if he'd be here today.

One more pic because he's so damned adorable!
2012-03-28223954-1_zpsba2e2aba.jpg

Latest posts