• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

Meet Pizza.
She started off as a foster. 4 minutes later i decided to keep her. She goes everywhere. I'm thinking about carrying her in a bag with 5 or 6 discs. Anyone else have a tea cup disc dog?

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_210920.jpg
    IMG_20200708_210920.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 63
. . . Anyone else have a tea cup disc dog?

No, but I have seen some small dogs out on the disc golf course. Any updates on Pizza? She looks like a fun dog.

Hot day, hot dog, West Winds DGC (former ball golf course - lots of elevation, but not much shade).

p3940625534-4.jpg

No, but I have seen some small dogs out on the disc golf course. Any updates on Pizza? She looks like a fun dog.

Hot day, hot dog, West Winds DGC (former ball golf course - lots of elevation, but not much shade).

p3940625534-4.jpg

Pizza is doing great.
She's more of a lover than a golfer.
I look real tough carrying her on my chest in her body harness.

This is Halo Roo, or Roo for short. Not quite a teacup dog, but not a big doggo either - 14.5 pounds of Bite Mini chasing fury. He's great on the course as long as he is behind any throwers. Won't bark or demonstrate chasing behaviors... But as soon as he is in front of a thrower? He will work the daylights out of you.

On his short leash I have no problem bringing him to leagues I run, though I won't bring him to someone else's league unless there's established precedent for dogs being accepted.

He absolutely loves his rolling toys. He has a Bite Mini and a Spill Line Beetle that are his to fetch. He gets bored with thrown discs, but he will chase down and fetch a rolled disc for 5-10 mins at a time.

He also likes to bark at me when I practice turbo putts for some reason. Maybe because I'm horrible.

Attachments

• IMG_20191009_114240_657.jpg
    IMG_20191009_114240_657.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 39
I would love to see pics of other disc dogs . . . :D

Red Dog after a snow/slush/mud round at Seneca Creek.

p4091408419-5.jpg

Posting to bid adieu to the best friend anyone could ask for. After a little more than ten years on this planet Smokey took his final breath last Friday. As many of you know, Smokey came my way through a post here on the forum (a plea for a rescue) and some very wonderful and generous members. While he came to me in less than ideal condition, his spirit was never broken, and he was perfect from day one. We bagged 154 courses together in 13 states. Smokey left this Earth in similar fashion to how he came to me, in my lap and happy. I'm not wanting to drag down the happy nature of this thread, but I did want to pay tribute to my buddy. RIP Smokestack!

First day
IpHB3od.jpg

Last day
3GDxr4Nh.jpg

Posting to bid adieu to the best friend anyone could ask for. After a little more than ten years on this planet Smokey took his final breath last Friday. As many of you know, Smokey came my way through a post here on the forum (a plea for a rescue) and some very wonderful and generous members. While he came to me in less than ideal condition, his spirit was never broken, and he was perfect from day one. We bagged 154 courses together in 13 states. Smokey left this Earth in similar fashion to how he came to me, in my lap and happy. I'm not wanting to drag down the happy nature of this thread, but I did want to pay tribute to my buddy. RIP Smokestack!

First day
IpHB3od.jpg

Last day
3GDxr4Nh.jpg

RIP Smokey. A very cool dog that I am so glad we were able to meet. I will always picture Smokey and Red Dog chasing each other through that sloppy, sticky mud at the Pittsburgh meet-up.

I am 100% sure that Smokey hit the human lottery when he became part of your life. 154 courses in 13 states is a dog's life, in the best possible way. :)

First day
IpHB3od.jpg

Last day
3GDxr4Nh.jpg

Hey, sorry tbird. Losing a friend is so very difficult. We get to spend such a short time with our dog friends, yet they seem to give us more than we give them. RIP Smokey.

Red Dog after a round at Emmitsburg DGC. Yeah she's bounding pretty high in the air. Not slowing down much as a 7-year old.

p2187041582-5.jpg

Red Dog at Woodsboro

Attachments

• CD35602B-2477-4BD7-A1E0-CD2552FD5078.jpg
    CD35602B-2477-4BD7-A1E0-CD2552FD5078.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 34

First day
IpHB3od.jpg

Last day
3GDxr4Nh.jpg

I just saw this, Steve. Sorry for the loss.

I can say for sure what a great dog Smokey was.

Maggie is the official Disc Golf Dog of Disc Golf UK and Launch Disc Golf. She accompanies me on most of the course design trips and will be making appearances in lots of our videos :D

Maggie looks like a beautiful dog. Irish Setter? Field Spaniel?