• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

And everybody hates gstar apparently, but gstar pd's will be the last DM I sell off my stash…the rest might be blasphemy but fairly easily replaced elsewhere for a lot less money.
Why is that? Not stable enough? I've never thrown one, but I love G-Star Teebirds and Destroyers. The G-Star plastic basically makes it like they're pre-beat-in, or maybe 0 turn 1 fade for Teebird and -1 turn 2 fade for Destroyer.

I picked up a new PD today, but it's raining, my son has basketball tonight, and I might not get to throw. Compared to the G-line PD I have, the new one is nearly identical in wing shape, shoulder, micro-bead under wing, feel. The new one has slight more dome and perhaps a touch deeper, but the plastics are very different, and the old one is beat up. Any differences look as insignificant as variations within a single run.

I looked at a few dozen in the store and there were varying degrees of dome, and I grabbed the flattest 175g red they had. There were flatter, even board flat in the 170-172g range in highlighter yellow. But I wanted red.

In a few days I'll also have one of the new prototypes to compare.

Had Discmania released the FD3 instead, I probably wouldn't ever have looked at the PD. The G-line I bought used because I have a hard time finding a faded pink FD3. I am hoping the new PD is more stable than the g-line, and a slides in to replace the FD3.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand what's happening here. The company that made the PD just released it from the exact same mold it has always been made from. Then another company makes the same named disc and claims its a first run. I dont follow. This disc has been available for like months.

Not sure I understand what's happening here. The company that made the PD just released it from the exact same mold it has always been made from. Then another company makes the same named disc and claims its a first run. I dont follow. This disc has been available for like months.

This is the latitude 64 made version that released today.

Discmania owns the Name, Innova owns the Mold.

Innova is still making them from the same mold they always have, Discmania is making them from a new mold they have in Sweden out of fancy "Italian" plastic.

A new mold to PDGA (just like innova's re-release was a new mold to PDGA). It's a commemorative stamp on the same disc. Just like any commemorative stamp. Companies commemorate things they deem important, and we understand that. Otherwise a PMB stamp on an Aviar wouldn't matter.

I threw that Discmania molded PD. It is definitely a utility disc for my arm. I couldn't get it 300' on anhyzer flex with moderate power. But, wow does it flare skip. For me it will replace the FD3 for beefy Hyzer shots FH and BH. I can't even imagine how OS the domey ones will be.

I threw that Discmania molded PD. It is definitely a utility disc for my arm. I couldn't get it 300' on anhyzer flex with moderate power. But, wow does it flare skip. For me it will replace the FD3 for beefy Hyzer shots FH and BH. I can't even imagine how OS the domey ones will be.

Watched a review with similar results. Felt one up yesterday and it was nice, definitely looks and feels like a PD. A bit more dome than the Phallic Sword I compared it to.

Discmania manufactured, not Latitude 64.

They are indeed beefy, edging into FD3 territory for many.

Don't be silly. They're made by lat64. They even have those silly little center dome things in the middle of the disc like Lat/DD drivers have. This isn't the discmania thread where we need to stroke the ego of dm support and thank them for answering our measly little questions. Discmania has never made a disc in the existence of disc golf.

Don't be silly. They're made by lat64. They even have those silly little center dome things in the middle of the disc like Lat/DD drivers have. This isn't the discmania thread where we need to stroke the ego of dm support and thank them for answering our measly little questions. Discmania has never made a disc in the existence of disc golf.

Catch up bud, they've been making discs for quite some time now.

If there is information that Jussi is lying, I am interested. Speculation is fine too, if that's all this is.

L64 does manufacture the Evolution line for sure. As I have read, both companies bought the same kind of machines. I share the presumption that Tomas creates the molds.

So, there's a little bit of semantics either way. BUT, if you have evidence that Jussi is literally lying, and Discmania doesn't own any machines and isn't molding any discs, I want to know.

Last edited:
I'm obviously speculating. I have no proof of anything, other than their lack of proof, and the mountain of circumstantial evidence that points to Lat64 making all of their "new originals." Factory in literally the same building. Discs made with identical plastics. Literally the same disc designer. Discs have the exact same tooling. Miraculously DD has the agent, which is a p2 clone…so now discmania is making discs for DD too? Nah. It's been Lat this whole time and everyone fell for it. The only video I've seen of their "factory" is just close shots of a machine pumping out p2s, and the machine has a discmania sticker on it. Lol. No tour videos. No wide shots of their factory because you would see all of the Lat machines in the background. You would figure they would be super proud of their new space and want to show it off. I wonder why they haven't.

I'm obviously speculating. I have no proof of anything, other than their lack of proof, and the mountain of circumstantial evidence that points to Lat64 making all of their "new originals." Factory in literally the same building. Discs made with identical plastics. Literally the same disc designer. Discs have the exact same tooling. Miraculously DD has the agent, which is a p2 clone…so now discmania is making discs for DD too? Nah. It's been Lat this whole time and everyone fell for it. The only video I've seen of their "factory" is just close shots of a machine pumping out p2s, and the machine has a discmania sticker on it. Lol. No tour videos. No wide shots of their factory because you would see all of the Lat machines in the background. You would figure they would be super proud of their new space and want to show it off. I wonder why they haven't.

Calling someone out as a liar, and then admitting you're only speculating with absolutely no proof is peak arrogance, and grounds for immediate dismissal. But who's surprised, this is the internet after all.

I used to be a BIG PD guy, my problem with them now is they are now so OS that they arent useable for the standard player. CD2 became what the PD used to be, now the PD are glideless meathooks. Even the FR PD that are OS, are now where close to any of the recent runs

Latest posts