• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Premium Small Bag Comparison; juju, voodoo, revolution.

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
Wondering if anyone has info on these models. The Revolution deluxe mini, the voodoo juju and the gorilla boy squirrel monkey.

I would like to see more pics or videos if anyone can help.

I can't really tell the storage specifics of the squirrel monkey or the Revolution deluxe mini. any other thoughts are welcome.

And is the higher price worth it on the Revolution deluxe mini or voodoo juju? Or the long wait for the squirrel monkey?

Thanks

I only have experience with the revo deluxe mini but it was an excellent quality small bag that for sure. I've had three revolution bags and all were very high quality two got stolen out of my car and I sold the third all were very good bags pretty much bulletproof.

I didn't know revolution was back in the game either last I had checked when I started playing again they were kind of AWOL.
I bought my revos back in 2005 when they were really the only premium bag.

Revolution Deluxe Mini is a nice bag but for 125 bucks I want bottoms on my water bottle holders. That nylon strap is a joke, especially at that price. Deal breaker for me, sold mine.

Revolution Deluxe Mini is a nice bag but for 125 bucks I want bottoms on my water bottle holders. That nylon strap is a joke, especially at that price. Deal breaker for me, sold mine.

I could see that I had Phoenix quads on mine so I never used the provided strap.

I have a Juju and really like it. The quality of material and construction are first class.

The only issue I had with it was a tendency to fall over when set on the ground. I took the liner out and reinforced it with clear duct tape to give it more structure, and it's fine now.

I could definitely see this as an everyday bag. It holds enough discs to satisfy most any course. When I want to go more minimal, I reach for the ol' nutsac.

I could see that I had Phoenix quads on mine so I never used the provided strap.
I was referring to the single nylon strap that serves as the bottom of the water bottle holder. If they put a regular bottom on that with a grommet it would be the perfect small bag. Even still $125 is a bit out of line considering you can by a new UP Shift for that price.

I am a HUGE advocate for Voodoo products. They are tough as nails and designed with the every day use in mind.
The side pockets are professionally organized with a soft padded velcro pouch, mesh pocket & then a nice open area for bigger items. The cup holders aren't insulated but they are lined with a high quality mesh.

I currently use a Voodoo Mojo as my primary bag and I adore everything about it.
I was previously an owner of a GB Spider Monkey and I give the slight edge to Voodoo. The Spider was built equally tough but it didn't have the final touches that put it over the top like a Voodoo bag.

I can only speak to Revo Mini. I used to own one and it was a great bag. My only complaints were about the straps at the bottle of the water bottle holders and that the side putter pockets weren't big enough to easily remove putters. I fixed these problems by carrying Nalgene bottles and storing a driver in each putter pocket instead of a putter.

Every winter I regret selling it. :doh:

I've had my Juju for three years now. It's been used a ton and has performed flawlessly. Holds 12, or 13 discs if I nest one inside my Condor. Would love it if Voodoo came out with a backpack around this capacity. Till then it's all the bag I need.

How much are people paying for the juju? Msrp? I hear people buying them for allot cheaper.

@sagecoast would you mind posting a couple random pics of it. I'm just trying to get a better idea of its size and storage.

Are the Juju even available anywhere but the used market?
I've keep an eye on the site all year and they have never been in stock.
It LOOKS like they have them, but if you add on to your cart and go to checkout there is "***" after the item which means it is out of stock.
I don't get why they would't make a ton of these.
Seems like they would make a decent profit based on the price point.

Love this thread!:clap: I always carry minimal discs and this is right down my alley.

Wait for the GB bag. I have owned bags by all of these companies and the GB is hands down the best.

The bags are the construction and quality in liking for. And 1/3 to a 1/4 the price of the other two. But that 6 month wait?!?! :eek:

But voodoo says 3 months at least on their bags... Wtf

Wait for the GB bag. I have owned bags by all of these companies and the GB is hands down the best.

+1

The bags are the construction and quality in liking for. And 1/3 to a 1/4 the price of the other two. But that 6 month wait?!?! :eek:

But voodoo says 3 months at least on their bags... Wtf

Worth the wait.

The Juju is definitely awesome and superior to the Revo IMO. Not saying the Revo isn't well constructed but I would take a Juju over a Revo mini any day of the week.

The same goes for the Squirrel Monkey vs Juju. Voodoo makes an awesome bag but damn GB really knows what he is doing. Putter pocket is more user friendly. "Rain fly" velcro is much easier to use each throw over having to fully zip the Juju, the SM strap is larger than the stock one that Voodoo sends out (almost too small for me and I'm 140 soaking wet).

Juju UPDATE

Hey Guys!

Just ran across your thread. So here is an update. We are awaiting arrival of the new Juju. There have been some slight changes. Ones that I think you will like. We have changed the putter pocket to hold two putters now instead of the original only holding one. We have also changed the mesh that was in the water bottle holder to a more durable material. We are expecting them very soon. As soon as I receive word on a factual date of arrival I will keep you in the loop. If you have any question please let me know. Thanks a lot for the support and I agree they're worth the wait :thmbup:

Shane-

I own a Juju and a Karma. Both are great. Fitting an extra putter would be nice. Never had issues w the water bottle pocket but cool

Hey Guys!

Just ran across your thread. So here is an update. We are awaiting arrival of the new Juju. There have been some slight changes. Ones that I think you will like. We have changed the putter pocket to hold two putters now instead of the original only holding one. We have also changed the mesh that was in the water bottle holder to a more durable material. We are expecting them very soon. As soon as I receive word on a factual date of arrival I will keep you in the loop. If you have any question please let me know. Thanks a lot for the support and I agree they're worth the wait :thmbup:

Shane-
Shane is the man!

Latest posts