• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prettiest flight paths

EeBeKay

Birdie Member
I have just been turned into throwing valkyries. And when throwing hyzer flips to me it has the nicest flight path, super slow turn long glide and slight fade. This disc goes farther for me than my destroyers and wraiths.

What disc do You think has the nicest flight?

Fuse!
And on more than one line. It can go dead straight or do a long slow turn with or without a fade at the end.
It seems to defy physics. A friend calls it my "UFO Disc".

7/10 Max Weight Champ Boss. Little bit of a hyzer flip past flat, then comes back at the end to drop right where I want it...in the middle of the fairway for an easy deuce.

I have just been turned into throwing valkyries. And when throwing hyzer flips to me it has the nicest flight path, super slow turn long glide and slight fade. This disc goes farther for me than my destroyers and wraiths.

What disc do You think has the nicest flight?

:thmbup:
I hear ya on the Valks flight path. It can be a sweet thing.

I got a Champ Valk (orange, weight unknown) in trade late last summer. I forget what I traded, but this Valk was nicely broken in. The previous owner was lefty and for some reason he broke it in as roller and it didn't work out and so he traded it to me. I really forget what I gave him...lol.

I love this disc. Favorite driver for sure.

The Valk is easily workable ( at my arm speed/snap/form/xstep/fear of downhillputts/sandyteepads/etc.) into the wind. With the wind at ten oclock I throw a low hyzer at ten oclock and the Valk shoots out there flips and then the left wing catches the wind and the disc starts aq glide in at twoclock...about 280-290. Ultra dependable when I gotta hit the fairway and the basket is on the right side. Pretty flight and very little fade at the end. The Valk just settles down.

Downwind is something else and my longest throws for accuracy (325-345)are with the Valk on a flex line or something just under a flex line ( i.e. a really gentle hyzer angle coming into the hit.) The key for me when flexing the Valk is making the pull and hit higher than I normally do. woof-get that puppie up.

RHBH

Last edited:
I have to go with my ESP Comet. People always ask me what my approach disc is. It just has a smooth, swooping S turn right to the basket.

Valkyrie, Comet, Meteor, Ion ... basically anything with a ton of glide

Also, 148 ESP Flick (loooooong thumbers) and slightly beat in Eagle-X (so consistent for me, RHBH: nice and straight and then a smooth fade back to the left)

i love throwing my archon and watching that beautiful S curve suck up yards.

i just recently got a gl river and that dang thing will not stop gliding

mine is not flippy or too stable, can be worked either way

Beat up echo destroyer on a hyzer flip. I'm continually surprised by how far those things can go when you hit it right. The glide is incredible and the stability keeps them from turning too far.

Honorable mention: thrashed kc roc. I have one I throw about 75% that flips from hyzer, goes 300 and then starts drifting right. Extremely useful shot in the woods and very controllable.

Beat up echo destroyer on a hyzer flip. I'm continually surprised by how far those things can go when you hit it right. The glide is incredible and the stability keeps them from turning too far.

Honorable mention: thrashed kc roc. I have one I throw about 75% that flips from hyzer, goes 300 and then starts drifting right. Extremely useful shot in the woods and very controllable.

I'm trying to beat in a big bird to this exact spot,maybe with a few more hundred tree hits :|.

A Buzzz that is thrown with way too much anny and way too high. It goes up, starts to roll over, and just softly plops down flat on the grass. Runner up for me would be the buzzz again, with just the slightest touch of hyzer, it just floats forever, and then fades just enought to remind you that you are playing disc golf and are not at the beach. I love the ESP Buzzz.

a beat up wraith. same flight path as you've described. thrown hyzer, flipped flat..with no fade.

mmmmmm mmmmmmm

I'm trying to beat in a big bird to this exact spot,maybe with a few more hundred tree hits :|.

The one I have is an 8x I traded for on here. It's one of the ugliest discs I have but it flies so nice. What's really nice is that even this beat, with a little nose up it'll hold a hyzer the whole way too.

Latest posts