• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy BP3

Saw a few reviews on Youtube.

Price is really good, especially if you just have a Starter bag and want to upgrade. 20-22 discs is a great number to be able to store, though I think it might become a tight fit as the upper limit is reached.

What I noticed from the video reviews si that this bag is small compared to other backpack-style bags... very small. I am not a small person, and that bag looked like it would be uncomfortable for me to get into for walking down the fairway. So if I'm going to buy a backpack bag, I'll probably save up and spend the extra green dollar bills on a bigger bag.

I'm not a small guy either so I'm curious to see how the bag fits on me. We shall see. I want a smaller lighter bag for playing my local course casual rounds. I only really use 7-8 discs a round there so Id love to leave my Ranger in the car

Got one the other day, couldn't beat the price. I had been carrying 12-13 discs in my old bag and found I needed to add 4 or 5 more to get the bag more efficient. As an old guy (in the Legend division this January), I don't need a massive bag. If the bag lasts a few years (I play casual rounds almost everyday), I'll be satisfied.

Pretty good review on Infinitediscs.com

"The Prodigy BP3 Backpack is the perfect solution for disc golfers who "need" a backpack, but don't want to pay $100+. This bag is a great value and does an adequate job of holding ones disc. The material seems to be of good quality and I imagine it would last a year or so of steady use.

One of the nice things about the Prodigy BP3 back pack is that it is very light weight. It holds almost as many discs as a large duffel style bag and having the putter compartment and handle at the top of the bag is very nice for quick pickup. The bag is fairly comfortable, but i did find the bottom plastic insert jabbing into my back at times instead of the soft padding.

Compared to a large duffel size bag, the BP3 is much more cumbersome to get discs out of the main disc compartment. Discs in the middle section slide in and out very well, but the farther you get to the edges, the more difficult it is to pull your discs out as the opening is in the middle of the back pack. For disc golfers who play with a regular backpack not made for disc golf, the BP3 probably is easier and an improvement, but for someone like me used to a traditional large bag, it's not nearly as easy.

While the BP3 is something a great all purpose bag for recreational play, I'd never use it for a tournament. The bag has some storage for a phone, keys, and small snacks, but it doesn't have a way to hold a stool or umbrella. It doesn't even really have a good place to hang a towel, and has only one water bottle holder.

Overall the Prodigy BP3 backpack is a great value for a disc golf backpack, but if you're looking for a do-it-all bag, you'll probably want to save a few more bucks and get somethign else."

https://infinitediscs.com/Products/Bags---Large/12208/Prodigy-BP-3-Backpack

I agree with the guy who did the review. I picked one up because I wanted something light weight but a little bigger than my Fade Lite bag. I like how it can fold up for storage compared to just about any other backpack bag. I addressed what does seem like a thin bottom layer by spraying it with a few coats of some plasti-dip I had around and since I will only use this bag occasionally I think it will hold up just fine now. For the price it really can't be beat if you want something a little better than a Magellan but not quite as much $ as a Hero or one of the cheaper DD bags or Fossa.

Not giving up my Simian or RR cart though ;)

Latest posts