• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy H1

I threw a buddies 750 M4 and it would pop up and turn with little to no fade into a slight headwind. It was very different/understable from my proto 400 M4 that flew like a well seasoned Z Buzzz, dead straight little to no fade. Of course, I didn't season my proto 400 M4 so maybe its supposed to be an understable turnover once it beats in. My point being that they seem to have started off more stable and become a much different disc... I know very small sample size YMMV.

I got a 750 H1 and its a touch less OS than that pearly stiff and flat FBs they ran a couple years ago. I got some huge flair skips, and stick dead spike hyzers yesterday when I field tested it against my 11x FB and my 750 H2. I could flick the H1 as hard as I wanted without regard to form and it flew looking the ground about 10-15% shorter than the H2 and FB. The H2 and the 11x often ended in similar spots with the 11x being a hair longer, a half tick less LSS, and the H2 a touch less HSS.

I really like my H1. It is still the glide-less brick I picked up 9(?) months ago. Great 'out' disc. Great utility disc.

Does your h1 have a slight shoulder?

And how do you like it?

No shoulder, board flat.

I like it but its a utility disc. I've gotta have a huge wind or need a big skip to even think about throwing it. Maybe a flex anny flick that's got to fade but those shots are rare so it wont make my regular bag.

Just sifted through the x-out stacks at gggt and picked out two tabletops. One has a slight shoulder, the other is completely flat. The plh on them both is higher than all my others. More beef for the bag! Who needs os mids and putters?

that h1 got me a couple birds and a par save today.

here's where i found her after a thumber. hole 2 at the valley. i hit a tree and wound up having to decide between pitching out to a gap and still facing a 200' upshot around a corner or just going over the trees that formed the bottleneck. i went over and it turned out okay. :D

IMAG0885_zpsykvd1fzp.jpg

Threw an H1 yesterday for the first time. One of the guys in my group said it was more OS than a Firebird. I said they might be comparable, but there was no way it was more OS. After the round, we were throwing out into the old driving range that the course is built around. He handed me the H1 and as soon, I mean instantly, as it left my hand, I knew it was more OS than my normal Champ Firebird. Granted, I don't have the arm to throw an FAF and my Champ is very beat up, but the H1 is beeeeefy. I definitely want to do some more comparison and this may be my first Prodigy buy.

Nobody has the arm to throw the h1. That's the whole point!

How is this an x-out?

IMAG0902_zpsczb5gpj0.jpg

IMAG0901_zpsp4myfgpz.jpg

We need more h1 love. It's a truly a unique mold.

Looks super beef. Hit me with some Innova flight ratings for the H1.

9 2 +1 4

It doesn't glide, it will never ever turn unless you are in a tornado, and they can't really fade since they don't glide. They just turn wing down if given enough height. If they aren't, then they will skip some.

The only similar disc I've thrown would be a faf firebird.

These aren't even forehand control drivers, like a good firebird with some dome can be. You could probably throw forehand into a 30 mph headwind and be fine.

The 400 plastics seem to mold up quite flat, and they have more flexibility and grip than the 750. Better for hit and stick duties. Might beat in a bit faster, too. The 750 are all dinner plate stiff, many have shoulders but I wouldn't say they have "dome".

Last edited:
I don't use it just on drives, either. Basically any shot that needs to go left yesterday. Rollers, tomahawks and thumbers, short flex shots.

I putted with it twice this past weekend, too. Needed to get through a gap and end waaaaaay left.

It's just a goofy disc.

Then again, I like to throw some goofy things on the course, so it suits me.

I love my h1. I use it for huge spike hyzers, thumbers, grenades, and forehand rollers.

I have the 750 plastic (or whatever the really hard champ like plastic is) and that stuff is indestructible. I was playing the other day and threw a GIANT spike hyzer off of the top of a hill. It traveled vertically probably 350 feet and spiked directly into a boulder... I thought it shattered honestly. But, when I got up to it, I found the disc still fullly intact, minus a small chip in the rim. Annddd the h1 flies no less overstable than before

still having fun with my h1's. still don't think they get enough love.

noticed something SUPER obvious that i never caught before - my x-out h1, including that yellow one above, are marked differently.

right now photobucket is acting super dumb, throwing me an error, but . . . it's marked "h1-7" instead of just "h1" on the inner rim.

anybody have any insight?

4007131_double-rainbow-guy-sells-out-what-does_4971e09c_m.jpg

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?

Last edited:
interesting. they must've stopped or started doing it at some point or just been inconsistent because not all my 750 have it.

Is yours an X-Out? Mine is an X-Out and the plastic not printed on the front. Ergo, they might be putting the "7" on those...