• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: DEFENDER, OS distance driver.

I've had two, a pop top max weight blue and an orange one more along the lines of what you're talking. The orange one is 169 and is well beaten in so is now a hyzer-flip to big D driver, while the blue one is newer and is a grip n rip little turn decent fade out to 425 or so right now.

Which are the most beefy Defenders? I've tried max weight poptops, Lucids and Fuzions. All of them have decent turn when thrown into a headwind. I've tried to find some poptop Metal Flake Lucids, but no luck. Enforcer is not quite fast enough for max distance.

How far are you throwing your Defenders?? I max out 425-450 or so and my max weight Lucid defender doesn't go anywhere... into a headwind it is a confident OS shot, will never turn, and in anything else I'm lucky to get 350. Are you throwing with any OAT? Mine has a slight dome and is blue. Not throwing it anymore if you're interested.

Which are the most beefy Defenders? I've tried max weight poptops, Lucids and Fuzions. All of them have decent turn when thrown into a headwind. I've tried to find some poptop Metal Flake Lucids, but no luck. Enforcer is not quite fast enough for max distance.

Find yourself a Sparkle Lucid Defender. They definitely bring the beef for a Defender.

Some test runs with my bios. Very Stable. Fast.

After buying four star destroyers-bottom stamp, and latest run from the factory store I thought I would make a comparison.

Almost identical flight. The defender feels like they might have more glide.

Dam these are fast os discs.

Surprised their isn't more discussion about the defender-basically a destroyer copy that is as good or better.

I love my Defenders-I bagged them for a while. My issue was I don't play enough courses where I could use them at, which meant I often was stuck with a volt for a 400 foot straight shot-which is possible, but not ideal. I ditched them in favor of the slower Photon and am gonna use some even faster warp speed driver for big D, probably a Teleport or something. If anyone is looking for a Defender I probably have the stability you're looking for ;)

Last edited:
Some test runs with my bios. Very Stable. Fast.

After buying four star destroyers-bottom stamp, and latest run from the factory store I thought I would make a comparison.

Almost identical flight. The defender feels like they might have more glide.

Dam these are fast os discs.

Surprised their isn't more discussion about the defender-basically a destroyer copy that is as good or better.

I agree, I could get ~15' more out of a Defender on the same line. Fast and glidey. If my straight to fade Destroyer disappears it'll become a Defender I think. I understand huge arm players want even more beef than this though, but those massively OS Destroyers are useless to me.

Give it a few weeks to beat in though, they do have less HSS than an overstable Destroyer. May become more fun to throw, but not quite as good in heavy wind for holding the line.

How far are you throwing your Defenders?? I max out 425-450 or so and my max weight Lucid defender doesn't go anywhere... into a headwind it is a confident OS shot, will never turn, and in anything else I'm lucky to get 350. Are you throwing with any OAT? Mine has a slight dome and is blue. Not throwing it anymore if you're interested.
I throw them about 425-450 feet. I max out with Sheriffs at about 500 feet. I will try to find a Sparkle Lucid!

I guess these lean more towards the advanced side and up. With the destroyer you can get in pro and dx plastic which greatly reduces its overstability thus making it more user friendly.

The defender is basically all premium minus some small runs in prime.

To avoid excessive wear and tear on the old shoulder my new defenders, and all the star destroyers I have bought have gone into a hold status.

Two of the beef stars from the factory store are in my disc collector bin. These things are so dam os I know they''ll be worth something.

The blank tops are going to be for special use. Super windy days kind of thing.

The pink bio defenders will be in that class as well. But one of the defenders will be worked into my forehand rotation...cause I need to throw more forehand shots I think.

Guys, I'm out of the defender/destroyer game for backhand make the bag kind of thing.. With an aging shoulder they just hurt me some days..

My slower speed discs like the PD's in the champ plastic are long enough and overstable enough most days.

I got my hands on two Sparkle Lucids, and they sure are the beef. In headwind, they still try to stand up if i mash on them, but no signs of flipping over. They are both only 170g, but with a crazy poptop. Very nice discs.

I got one of these as a CTP prize from our league night. 174g, Lucid, tourney-stamped. I only BH 330. I have no idea what to do with this; maybe use it for distance FH?

^Distance FH and distance BH need the same flight shapes. So something crazy beefy isn't going to be good for distance backhand unless you have like 400' of line drive power...otherwise it's just going to teach you to torque it on an anny. Of course it can be useful for crazy FH skips and power hyzers into wind.

If you have absolutely no use for it then trade it for something more in your range. I agree though if you're throwing 330'ish then a slower OS mold will give you all the same shots and be easier to control. If you're trying to find something to do with it though try spikes, skip shots, forehand rollers, and hurricanes.

Yeah the stamp is cool and I'd like to keep it, I'm just trying to find a use case. What is a hurricane? Can't say I've ever heard of that, and Googling it only comes up with the DGA mold with the same name.

I was meaning something like if you google Texas and hurricane. High speed/super OS, never turn no matter the wind heh.

^Distance FH and distance BH need the same flight shapes. So something crazy beefy isn't going to be good for distance backhand unless you have like 400' of line drive power...otherwise it's just going to teach you to torque it on an anny. Of course it can be useful for crazy FH skips and power hyzers into wind.

If you have absolutely no use for it then trade it for something more in your range. I agree though if you're throwing 330'ish then a slower OS mold will give you all the same shots and be easier to control. If you're trying to find something to do with it though try spikes, skip shots, forehand rollers, and hurricanes.

Oddly enough my buddy just gave me a MF Destroyer to try out. I'd had the choice between the Defender and a River Pro for a CTP prize. I already bag 2 Volts, 2 Rivers, and a Resistor and figured the River Pro wasn't getting me anything I didn't already have. Guess I'll give both the Defender and Destroyer a shot at field practice. Maybe I can trade the Defender back in if the Destroyer works for me.

Defender

Got a Defender in a trade and bagged it for 2 rounds on the course today in windy conditions. Very, very good OS driver right here. It hung tough in some pretty nasty headwinds and got good distance. There was a hint of high speed turn on some headwind shots, but not on any shots in calm or side wind conditions.

Its every bit of speed 13. The Defender is lightning fast. It also isn't a total slab of beef. The Defender will fly flat and far for a long way before fading pretty heavily. It glides well too, unlike a lot of drivers of similar stability.

I already like it better than the World or Enforcer. I really like the Defender because its predictably overstable, yet able to be cranked on for pretty big distance. It may eventually boot the champ XCal out of my bag for those types of shots. I like the XCal, but the Defender is longer, faster, and glides better. I figure I can get the Defender out to 400' on a full rip. Possibly further if I really lay into it with the right side wind conditions.

13, 5, 0, 4.

I say 0 here, but it might be more like -0.5 for high speed turn. On the hardest of rips the Defender will bend a little bit right. It stands up well to headwind and even does well in calm or side wind conditions.

"It's been a while" - Staind

Got my hands on a few defenders (and cranks, to test out against my current Enforcer/Trespass combo, maybe get a little more D) including a ~used Bio and new Fuzions and Lucids.

I was anticipating even the used Bio to be somewhat of a hog, but it was not. It bombed. Flipped up and faded. Was nice!

How're people liking it these days?

Latest posts