• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: MARSHAL, stable putter.

The TC Marshal I threw reminds me a lot of a Shield. Very similar feel and flight.

It feels like a Judge and a Warden had a baby with a slightly deeper feel. Very comfortable in my smaller hand and fills my hand nicely. I've used Judges for awhile and the bigger bead can get caught on my fingers sometimes.

In the circle its a point and shoot putter with slight fade on the end of it. I had no trouble push putting this... it comes out of my hand clean so I'm able to get all the power I need on it without worrying about it fading too much. Spin Putters will like it a lot.

Off the tee it has a predictable straight to slightly overstable flight much a like a Shield. More Overstable than the Judge or Warden. Put a slight anny on it and it will fight out of it for a controlled S flight... Add a little more anny and it will hold it the entire way and land flat as it slows down.

Have yet to throw a Blend Marshal to compare, but I could see this slotting into my bag as my full time throwing and putting putter as the Prime Plastic seasons. Still keeping a Blend Judge for now when I need an arrow straight or anny approach.

There's been lots of mixed reviews about the stability (or overstabily) of this putter.

Has anyone out there been able to buy several or a stack and see how they all compare? I'm interested in this putter quite a bit, but don't want to pick any up until there's some clarity about how this thing flys.

It's hard for me to imagine a truly overstable Marshall. Granted I've only thrown 2 and they were both trilogy challenge stamped. But neither were That stable. I would say a notch less stable than an envy. Maybe you can find a high PLH that is close to an envy. But I would never call this disc OS.

I do hope that a Lucid or Fluid Marshall will come out very envy like.

Well I guess that's good because I already carry a harp so I'm not looking for a really overstable putter. Never thrown an envy (or really any axiom/mvp disc more than once or twice) so maybe if you compared it to a judge, challenger, aviar, or wizard that would help more?

Well I guess that's good because I already carry a harp so I'm not looking for a really overstable putter. Never thrown an envy (or really any axiom/mvp disc more than once or twice) so maybe if you compared it to a judge, challenger, aviar, or wizard that would help more?

I only have one classic blend Marshal but in my time throwing it, it is a nice stable throwing putter. Definitely not os, but plenty of hss stability with a little fade. To me it feels faster then a Judge/Wizard. The more power I put on it the straighter it flys, which makes throwing lower putter lines work well.

Overall I like the mold. It's a nice stable thrower but I couldn't see myself putting with them. Hope that helps

I only have one classic blend Marshal but in my time throwing it, it is a nice stable throwing putter. Definitely not os, but plenty of hss stability with a little fade. To me it feels faster then a Judge/Wizard. The more power I put on it the straighter it flys, which makes throwing lower putter lines work well.
Overall I like the mold. It's a nice stable thrower but I couldn't see myself putting with them. Hope that helps

I have a Classic Blend Marshal. IMHO the closest comparison is the Challenger (in Jawbreaker plastic). A bit more fade than the Warden and Judge, and like Ericf said above, it seems to be a bit faster. I hope the Marshal will come out in Lucid plastic for throwing. I tried putting with it; I like it much less than the Challenger, Judge, or Warden for putting.

I have a stack of 5 pink production run Blend Marshal. I don't think it's a surprise, but they fly exactly the same.

When compared to Judge and Warden, I would say that Marshal is a touch more stable and has two ticks less glide. It is not really OS as it doesn't fade out all that much, it's just very HSS. Almost feels like it's gonna go straight no matter how hard I throw it. The closest thing I can come up with is a BT Medium Shield.

I am also really interested to see if they come out with a Lucid/Fuzion. That might help a bit with the glide and make it a touch more OS.

Still only blends available. How long does it usually take them to come out with other plastics? Mainly interested in classic hard.

Still only blends available. How long does it usually take them to come out with other plastics? Mainly interested in classic hard.

I'd like to try a Classic Hard Marshal, also. Then again, I'm still waiting for a Lucid or Fuzion Warden to come out (in production runs), so who knows, it may be soon or it may be forever...

Picked up a medium 174 white marshall at memorial. Pretty impressed with it. It is quite glidey and seems to me a little slower than the judge. Just a tick more overstable. But you can definitely shape lines with it. Not sure if it will replace my seasoned judges, but I will be keeping it in the bag for now just to see how it plays out.

I bag three one is pretty new and is slightly overstable, one that is a little more worn in that I use as a driving putter its great and I can really shape lines with it. then one I just use for putting 30 feet and in stable/ perfectly overstable I love these putters.

Quite different opinions here about speed, stability and glide. I got my hands on a TC (prime plastic) Marshal and played a few rounds with it now. I tested it against my brand new classic Judge, a beat in classic Judge and a pretty new d-line P2.

The TC Marshal was basically like P2 with less glide. Got my other putters consistently farther off the tee than the Marshal. It made up for the lack of glide a bit by being faster, but still it was always the shortest off the tee. Sometimes I tried to overcompensate and throw it harder which resulted in less than ideal drive. BUT that weakness is also its strength. Got some great controlled upshots with it with no fear of it gliding past the basket. It is also more comfortable in the hand for me than the P2.

Both my Judges were also glidier and less stable for sure. Both Judge and Marshal are kind of straight discs, but still they flew quite different for me. Marshal loves power more while Judge is more like a finesse disc.

As far as putting the lack of glide didn't bother me, but I felt like I had to focus more on getting slightly more spin on it than I'm used to. I push/spush putt.

Looks like the classic blend Marshal flies different for many people and I will try that out next to see if it really has more glide and what the stability is like, but right now it's not kicking anything out of the bag.

If I had to rate them it would be:
Classic Judge: 2/4/-0.5/0.5
D-line P2: 2/4/0/1
Prime Marshal: 3/3/0/1

Classic Hard Marshals are currently available as CFR discs. One can only hope that a stock stamp release is around the corner

I'd like to try a Classic Hard Marshal, also. Then again, I'm still waiting for a Lucid or Fuzion Warden to come out (in production runs), so who knows, it may be soon or it may be forever...

Anybody end up getting to try the Marshal out it Classic (hard) and compare it to the TC prime version?

Got a Classic Marshal, 173g, chartreuse/bright green-yellow color. Took it out on the course last week along with my Classc Warden. The Marshall did very well on upshots, slightly overstable, flew like my Fuzion Warden and similar to a Star Stud.

The Marshall putted well for me also, again just slightly more stable than the Warden. I might give it more putting work to see if the micro-bead actually helps my putting (the bigger-bead Judge didn't do me all that well.

If you like the Warden and/or the Judge, you might like the similar Marshall, also. If not, use it for practice or pay it forward...

Got a Classic Marshal, 173g, chartreuse/bright green-yellow color. Took it out on the course last week along with my Classc Warden. The Marshall did very well on upshots, slightly overstable, flew like my Fuzion Warden and similar to a Star Stud.

The Marshall putted well for me also, again just slightly more stable than the Warden. I might give it more putting work to see if the micro-bead actually helps my putting (the bigger-bead Judge didn't do me all that well.

If you like the Warden and/or the Judge, you might like the similar Marshall, also. If not, use it for practice or pay it forward...

trying to bring this back from the dead - -- im gonna get a marshal to test out - they make Classic Hard Burst in Black/gray?

Nice bump. Since those posts some months ago, the Classic Marshal has indeed become my main putting putter. I also acquired a Lucid Marshal from Infinite (they've since sold out what they had) as a throwing putter. So far, nothing has been better for me in putting than the Classic Marshal.

They have had Classic Burst Marshals in gray and black at some outlets, but I don't know what they have right now. And I'm thinking they'll eventually have more. I haven't tried the Bursts, though one of my Deputys looks like it started out as one. Anyhoo, shop around, including at the (pricey) DD site...

Also question - Prime plastic? I assume its waxy and chuddy like Dx? idk - I like BT, Zero, Classic plastic a bit and the Hard mostly --- is prime chud or good? I assume Chud.....does it beat to Ish as well?

Also question - Prime plastic? I assume its waxy and chuddy like Dx? idk - I like BT, Zero, Classic plastic a bit and the Hard mostly --- is prime chud or good? I assume Chud.....does it beat to Ish as well?

I have not tried Prime yet. I have held a Prime Judge in an Academy Sports store, and it felt firm and not really like the waxy DX feel... maybe more like that really good DX that some Thunderbirds came out in that one time. My understanding (IIRC Paige Pierce talked about Prime plastic Deputys in a video) is that Prime does beat in relatively quickly, as DX does. I haven't heard anyone raving about Prime with effusive praise, but I haven't heard anyone curse it like it's a Salient Groove. ;)

All that aside, I'd recommend you skip the Prime and try one Classic Marshal in your favorite putter weight, and see how you like it.

Latest posts