• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: SLAMMER

My bet is Classic Hard, Classic Blend, Classic Soft and Classic Supersoft.

That's "classic" I believe.

The SE blend version I felt was a lil more flexible and grippy more like classic blend.
Yeah I am hoping it comes in a stiffer plastic. I didn't like the plastic the Slammer I felt was in at all. If it is in a hard plastic and I can get Zone distance out of it, it might have a shot at the bag. It fit in my hand really nicely and I like a thumbtrack disc.

Bonus if it is also available in a super floppy material.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Yeah I am hoping it comes in a stiffer plastic. I didn't like the plastic the Slammer I felt was in at all. If it is in a hard plastic and I can get Zone distance out of it, it might have a shot at the bag. It fit in my hand really nicely and I like a thumbtrack disc.

Bonus if it is also available in a super floppy material.

I liked the SE plastic but didn't feel like pulling the trigger on it for $20. But I liked it. Baseline or premium will all be cheaper than that

I would buy this guy in classic and classic soft. It's nice to have a hard hooking disc that sticks its landing in super soft plastic and stays where you put it, without skips.

I'd also take it in premium to wear in super slow and reliable.

I'm pumped

I can't think of a mold I have anticipated more than this.

So today is suppose to be the release day of the slammer. But I'm guessing that just means, shops can order them from DD directly, and I'll have to wait a couple more days to buy one.

I got a Caltop a few weeks ago and was mildly disappointed with it's lack of OS-ness.

I will be in Dallas next week and plan on a stop at the DD shop there. I hope they have some of these to fondle.

So today is suppose to be the release day of the slammer. But I'm guessing that just means, shops can order them from DD directly, and I'll have to wait a couple more days to buy one.

Today is the wholesale release of the limited edition First Run stamped Slammers. Retail release is next Friday (3/31), so you'll be waiting more than a couple days to buy one.

I felt one of these up at my local PIAS which had some of the SE. Feels a lot like the Caltrop, maybe just a touch shallower and slightly more aggressive wing (they had some Caltrops too so I was looking at them side by side). The Slammer didn't look like a meat hook; I doubt these would give my Pigs a run for overstability honestly. I've thrown a friend's Caltrop and it certainly was no meat hook, more straight to moderate fade like a Rhyno. I was hoping the Slammer would be the Pig to the Caltrop's Rhyno, but it certainly didn't look like it to me.

I felt one of these up at my local PIAS which had some of the SE. Feels a lot like the Caltrop, maybe just a touch shallower and slightly more aggressive wing (they had some Caltrops too so I was looking at them side by side). The Slammer didn't look like a meat hook; I doubt these would give my Pigs a run for overstability honestly. I've thrown a friend's Caltrop and it certainly was no meat hook, more straight to moderate fade like a Rhyno. I was hoping the Slammer would be the Pig to the Caltrop's Rhyno, but it certainly didn't look like it to me.

As someone who has actually thrown the Slammer, I can attest that it is absolutely a meathook of a putter. I've never thrown one more overstable.

With the caltrop looking and feeling "similar" I think these are two totaly different discs and flights. Not sure they're comparable except for the fact they both sport the new thumbtrack...

Yeah. I get the caltrop comparison. They look like a beaded and beadless version of a similar disc. But hope, and sounds like, the are opposites.

I bought one online today. Most stores are already sold out. Anyone buy one in person?

There is no transistion between the thumbtrack and the flight plate which is unusual. I liked the grip, felt good in the hand. I didn't buy it because it was $20 or maybe a little more.
The Slammer looks like it will fly like a Devil Hawk, really overstable with no glide.

There is no transistion between the thumbtrack and the flight plate which is unusual. I liked the grip, felt good in the hand. I didn't buy it because it was $20 or maybe a little more.
The Slammer looks like it will fly like a Devil Hawk, really overstable with no glide.

Yeah. It's a rhyno style thumbtrack. Not a groove top gt banger or buzzz type/transition. (If I understand you correctly.)

Sorry. I was trying to say that the transistion from the flight plate to the top of the thumbtrack on the Innova and Gateway discs is more gradual than the 90 degree angle on the Slammer.
I could see people carrying Harps and Slammers.

I carry a Harp and a Pig, they feel different and do different things for me-

The Slammer sounds like a Pig to me fwiw

Just got mine. Pretty to excited to go throw this. Feels like a judge/suspect/rhyno. I hope it's OS, and also interested to see what happens when it beats in! Feels like classic blend to me (just says slammer first run), kinda wish it was premium or classic plastic. But I'm sure that will come. Feels nice and grippy, not floppy, but has flex.

Feels pretty perfect. I'll post back with flight comparison if anyone's interested.

*Specifically, beaded like a judge. Shoulder and flat top like a suspect. And lip/track like the rhyno.

Latest posts