• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: SLAMMER

If I were looking to replace my stiff Pro Pigs, I would pick up a few of these. I guess I might try one out anyway, just for fun, but I doubt it will kick the Pigs out. I love me some Pigs. I do like the fact that Trilogy finally has a really overstable P&A mold.

And here I thought I was finally Trilogy free! (Sold the last of my stash last week).
And now they put out a disc I actually want to try! GRRRRRRR

Latitude guy Chris Clemons says they are very beefy. Also, I saw a video of PP, Gibson and someone else, maybe Owens throw a slammer and it looked very OS

If I were looking to replace my stiff Pro Pigs, I would pick up a few of these. I guess I might try one out anyway, just for fun, but I doubt it will kick the Pigs out. I love me some Pigs. I do like the fact that Trilogy finally has a really overstable P&A mold.
I really enjoyed my pro pig. First putter I ever had lol.
Latitude guy Chris Clemons says they are very beefy. Also, I saw a video of PP, Gibson and someone else, maybe Owens throw a slammer and it looked very OS
Video link on last page.
How do you guys think this will compare to a DGA breaker? Specs look kind of similar
Breaker is basically a suspect and vice Versa. Both awesome molds, I've bagged both at different points.

I'd expect this to be much mor overstable, maybe along the lines of a harp?

I've been seeing some limited additions out but any stores that claim to have them are out of stock. I hope these start to pop up in production soon. I need to get some practice in with it before the GBO.

Looks more like a Justice, 3 big throwers chucked it hard and it pretty much went nowhere

I got to handle a Slammer today. It reminded me a lot of a comfortable Pig. Unfornately the one upshot I tried with it got iron leafed so can't really comment on how it flew. Did see a big armed pro throw it a couple times and he was getting pretty decent distance with it. Seemed to not have bad glide honestly.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Looks more like a Justice, 3 big throwers chucked it hard and it pretty much went nowhere

Pretty sure it is nothing like a Justice. Seeing it fly and talking to a local pro he said it wasn't quite as overstable as a Zone and what I saw seem to jive with that.

I wasn't really a fan of the Classic Blend plastic.

For anyone that's tried them, how do the slammer and suspect compare to the zone?

I think only Sponsored players have got them so far. The one I felt and threw once was marked prototype. I would have thrown it on a more open hole if I hadn't of had to go back to work.

Felt one of these in the store today. Was real nice in the hand. The small bead and thumb track, size of the disc all good attributes. I'll definitely be buying one when regular release is out.

Interesting thing. Dynamic Discs released a litmited amount to retailers as a special edition, swirly plastic (special stamp?). Cost more and limited early release. The shop I went to was 1 of only 2 shops in a Oregon to get them. Interesting, I didn't know this was a new type of release process.

Anyway. The associate mentioned they are more overstable than a harp, more like a slower gator. Which sounds absoloutley great in my mind!! I really want to incorporate this disc in my bag!

I really wish DD would stop teasing us with this disc and just release it already. I feel like the Sheriff came out right after the Pro's tested the protos. Why is the Slammer taking so long?

I really wish DD would stop teasing us with this disc and just release it already. I feel like the Sheriff came out right after the Pro's tested the protos. Why is the Slammer taking so long?

Makes more sense to have new releases spread throughout the Winter and Spring(when people are not playing as much and are starting to play more again) to keep the positive interest in the company spread out instead of all at once. I am not sure if Dynamic is the best disc golf company, but I think that they are the best at marketing their products. All of their social media efforts to the way they spread out disc releases, they are doing it right.

BTW, the Sheriff was going to sell well as a distance driver, but the Slammer is not something most disc golfers are going to be interested in. So why not ramp up that interest for those who do want one. It keeps us talking. A few months after the release, how much are people still going to be talking about this disc?

Does anyone know what plastics the Slammer is going to be available in? Does Dynamic do a version of BT Hard/ Zero Hard?

Does anyone know what plastics the Slammer is going to be available in? Does Dynamic do a version of BT Hard/ Zero Hard?

That's "classic" I believe.

The SE blend version I felt was a lil more flexible and grippy more like classic blend.

Latest posts