• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs: MARSHAL, stable putter.

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
Dynamic discs Marshal PDGA approved 3/2/16

Stable putter (putt and approach)

Max weight 176
Diameter 21.2
Height 2.0
Rim depth 1.6
Inside rim diameter 19.1
Rim thickness 1.1
Rim depth/diameter ratio 7.5
Rim config 67
Flexibility 11.57

"Simple Definition of marshal. : an officer of the highest rank in some military forces. : a federal official who is responsible for doing the things that are ordered by a court of law, finding and capturing criminals, etc. : the head of a division of a police or fire department."

Dynamic discs Marshal PDGA approved 3/2/16

"Simple Definition of marshal. : an officer of the highest rank in some military forces. : a federal official who is responsible for doing the things that are ordered by a court of law."

Basically anything a judge can't do he just tells a marshal to do for him

Logic applies to disc too?

Let me show ya somethin!

firemarshallbill.jpg

I could see this being an Envy type disc for them; like a Harp with a little less fade and more glide forwards

Marshall is stable, in that if thrown hard it won't really flip, but it does not have much fade to speak of. I had to manipulate the disc to get it to have the flight pattern I wanted, but I could trust that flight even when thrown with 250 plus feet of power on it. The bead is hardly noticeable to me, although I putt with Wizards and throw Judges, so to someone used to no bead at all they might notice it.

Enjoyed throwing this one today. Slightly deeper, more overstable and less glide Pure. Loves power (both driving and putting). I'll be giving this one a chance at kicking my Envy out of the bag.

Enjoyed throwing this one today. Slightly deeper, more overstable and less glide Pure. Loves power (both driving and putting). I'll be giving this one a chance at kicking my Envy out of the bag.

So would you say it's like a deeper envy?

Sounds like a Shield.

It's similar. Marshal has a true beas though,not that pseudo bead that the Shield has.

I found the Marshal to be pretty intuitive...once I figured it out. First hole of our Trilogy Challenge is a 240 foot downhill..the first 200 feet is wide open field, then there's three sizeable trees around the basket but not super tight. I threw the Marshal with a small hyzer, and it flipped to flat and faded right at the basket. Overshot it by about 10 feet but made the birdie putt no problems. Birdied the next hole thanks to a great drive with the Sling...the next four holes I took 3's on because I was leaving myself 12 to 2o feet for birdie putts and I just hadn't dialed in the Marshal. After those holes I did better with it.

It doesnt have a lot of glide or float, but it isnt a brick, either. I think a push or spush putter will really click with it. Spin putting I was always lower than I wanted but most of that, obviously, was me, not the disc.

Really good off the tee but I was having to hyzer flip it to get that good straight flight. Thrown flat in a power or fan grip I was getting a lot of turn but not full flippage. Really good for short sidearm approaches.

I will say, being that this is my first real run with Prime plastic, that it beats up crazy easy. Lots of dents and scuffs just from putting. I doinked a tree in the low speed portion of a drive and it took a sizeable chunk out of the rim, though I honestly didnt notice much change in the flight thereafter.

If the Judge is too deep, has too big a bead, or is too floaty, the Marshal is a great substitute. I dont think it will ever rival the Judge in popularity,but I think it will beat out the Warden, at least in the first year of wide release.

I love my wardens and the marshal is a good addition in my bag. I use it for short approaches that need to have a reliable end. It's staying in my bag until it's beat useless.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4

The Marshal is pretty beefy for me. I'd put it on par with my BT Medium Harp. Not much glide. I couldn't flip it up from hyzer at all or turn it thrown flat. I've got 2 Prime Judges and this plastic is much nicer, closer to Classic. Mine's light blue.