• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M3 Impressions

Tossed a buddy's white m3 yesterday and it wasn't what I was expecting. The disc was long but faded harder than I thought it would. I'd liken it to a faster beefier wasp. Maybe they lose some lss when they break in, but what I threw yesterday was a lot more overstable than a buzz.

Just bought one today and took it and my other midranges to the field... The tensor has been replaced. I like the feel of the m3 in my hand a lot more than the tensor.

That and the feel of the prodigy plastic is awesome.

Finally used the M3 is a tournament and I was not impressed, but mainly because it did not fly on the lines I anticipated. I was hoping it would be close to a Star Roc or an Icon Ghost and I was sorely disappointed. In several cases it did not hit the line that would have given me a birdie chance, but at least it did not hurt me saving par.

They are far beefier than anticipated, especially on the low end stability. I liked the feel of them but I cannot have that crazy LSS in that slot.

These were opaque white M3s. I also have transparent blue. The blue one had one shot this weekend, having replaced the white before my final round, but it did what I needed it to. Maybe there is hope for these M3s.

I will probably be looking to trade or sell the whites in the near future. The question is, they beat out my Roc3s which beat out my Icon Ghosts which had previously beat out my Star Rancho Rocs. The M3s only have this spot because they feel better than the Roc3s, but I liked how the Roc3s flew. I am still sitting on five Roc3s in case I want to switch back.

Anybody's M1 or M3 (or other Prodigy discs) beating in pretty quickly? The couple my buddies have been throwing seem like they are losing their fade way more rapidly than a Champ Gator, Champ Roc, or other comparable discs. The plastic feels nice but I'm curious about the durability after seeing the apparent change in these things over a month or two.

Anybody's M1 or M3 (or other Prodigy discs) beating in pretty quickly? The couple my buddies have been throwing seem like they are losing their fade way more rapidly than a Champ Gator, Champ Roc, or other comparable discs. The plastic feels nice but I'm curious about the durability after seeing the apparent change in these things over a month or two.

I have 2 M1s.. the first one I bought was around the time they first became available and it's still plenty stable. I use it pretty often and isn't showing any signs of being beat in already.

My M3 is the complete opposite of what others are describing it to be. It's super stable when released flat with hardly any fade. I like all of my Prodigy mids. They kicked out my Roc3s. I'm anticipating the release of their Fairways.

Does anyone know if the first run M3 is a new mold? I ordered one from Marshall street so I can't compare profiles yet. I ask this because I heard they would be renaming the M3 to the M2 and was wondering if this change has been made.

Does anyone know if the first run M3 is a new mold? I ordered one from Marshall street so I can't compare profiles yet. I ask this because I heard they would be renaming the M3 to the M2 and was wondering if this change has been made.

^^^^^this^^^^^

I tried searching for threads, and then created a new thread asking specifically about this.

:popcorn:

The current M3, not the original M3 that became the M2, is by far my favorite midrange. I found one on a local course with no ink and threw it once to see how I liked it. It immediately went into the bag and replaced my Buzzz.

The current M3, not the original M3 that became the M2, is by far my favorite midrange. I found one on a local course with no ink and threw it once to see how I liked it. It immediately went into the bag and replaced my Buzzz.

Nice necro bump. :thmbup:

I like my M3, also. I'd probably bag it if I had more use for a Buzzz-'ish' midrange.

I have 3 m3's and 3 m2's. Plus the the M3 I lost. I love the mold, but prefer the flat M3's. I have a domey one for sale on ebay right now if you want a newish m3 400 with a pop top.

for mids I use hornet - M2 - M3 - light M3 OS-US

Lol Prodigy is starting to reach the limits of their naming scheme...

Why not M3v2 or M3.5? Or M3.25 (just 1/4 more OS!!!)

New MX3 revealed, and compared with the M3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPXg9wFXZLM

edit: and a description from Prodigy's site

The Prodigy Disc MX-3 is an overstable, beaded midrange that is engineered for utility and high-level performance, meeting the demands of professionals while providing benefit to varying classes of players.

The MX-3 is designed to be highly resistant to torque, ideal for players who throw with force and need to avoid turnover. Headwinds are no match for the MX-3, with an overstable flight that still offers an impressive amount of glide, especially when thrown on anhyzer and flex lines. Its beaded rim provides a comfortable grip, smooth release, and consistent stability.

Team Prodigy member Kevin Jones thinks "the MX-3 is going to be a staple in Prodigy's midrange lineup. Its dependability will be something to rely on even in the wind. It's an ideal midrange for all player types."

The MX-3 is a trailblazer, defining the path for more MX Series discs to come. The MX-3 will be available in both 400 & 350G Plastic upon release. Expand your midrange game with the Prodigy MX-3, available July 20th 2019 via shop.prodigydisc.com and authorized retailers.

Last edited: